Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

13 hours ago, Apok said:

Something to look forward to...

Hmmm. Interesting. The question is, what am I to do with these? Can I draw a trigger zone? Or are these drawings considered as a tool for better briefing images maybe? If it's the latter, I use the programme Paint 3D from Windows and it's great. Not saying this new addition to the ME isn't good, God forbid, just trying to figure out its actual purpose.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

Hmmm. Interesting. The question is, what am I to do with these? Can I draw a trigger zone? Or are these drawings considered as a tool for better briefing images maybe? If it's the latter, I use the programme Paint 3D from Windows and it's great. Not saying this new addition to the ME isn't good, God forbid, just trying to figure out its actual purpose.

I imagine this will provide the ability to draw on the F10 map and have it display for all players in game. Maybe different drawings by coalition. If this is the case it will have some utility. Instead of using script to draw marks to show locations you can just draw them on the map. Long overdue capability. Plus you could put the PayPal email address right on the F10 map.

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

7 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

I imagine this will provide the ability to draw on the F10 map and have it display for all players in game. Maybe different drawings by coalition. If this is the case it will have some utility. Instead of using script to draw marks to show locations you can just draw them on the map. Long overdue capability. Plus you could put the PayPal email address right on the F10 map.

Oh, that'd be great if it's meant for that as well. And if it is, thanks for the PayPal hint! And I'd put the SRS freq. there as well to remove that one big message. Hope you're right.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Some ppl dont read briefing so being able to mark/draw everything and see in F10 is great. As I understood this - we can trigger those markers/layers to show up depending on something. So lets say if one mission obj. is achieved other can pop up on map etc.

• Like 1

Yesterday on the mission "when the mountains cry", there was a really good GCI, the best I've heard in RED. Thanks to this I was able to shoot down 4 enemies plus a damaged A10.

Question: The server is running on the stable version of DCS 2.7.6.13436 ?, I thought it was only on the Open Beta.

Screen_211014_141251.png

Edited by Tavo89
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tavo89 said:

Yesterday on the mission "when the mountains weep", there was a really good GCI, the best I've heard in RED. Thanks to this I was able to shoot down 4 enemies plus a damaged A10.

Question: The server is running on the stable version of DCS 2.7.6.13436 ?, I thought it was only on the Open Beta.

Screen_211014_141251.png

Open Beta. Always.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

5 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

Yesterday on the mission "when the mountains cry", there was a really good GCI, the best I've heard in RED. Thanks to this I was able to shoot down 4 enemies plus a damaged A10.

Screen_211014_141251.png

Sometimes Open Beta and Stable are the same. This is one of those times. Next update will put OB ahead of stable again

• Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

8 hours ago, Raviar said:

@Alpenwolfis there possibilities to add AH-64 with limited weapons with disabled some functionalities (by defining failure on the unit for DataLink ...) in the missions(or some mission) where the KA-50 and Mi-24 are available on the RED coalition until we get AH-1? 

Check out the FAQ's on the main post of this thread.

I mentioned once that I'm working on a mission (not part of the daily missions rotation) where the AH-64 is going to be included.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation Disturbed Pacific:

- Oil Platforms being indestructible and caused the server to crash (pause actually, not crash) - Fixed.

- BRDM-2's were replaced with BMP-1's and added more BMP-1's.

- Mi-8's were still spawning even after Blue captured the FARP - Fixed.

- The messages "Blue captured Rota FARP" and "Red recaptured Rota FARP" keep on popping up - Fixed. Changed a line in the script and will do the same in other missions.

- Blue ships (not Tarawa) were moved 15 km further north and added and trigger to stop them from firing at max range, but will still protect the Tarawa ship.

- The mission will go online tomorrow, Sunday, and will kick off around 1800 zulu.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

* The R-60 is being added back to most missions.

* Operation open Range:

- Reduced the amount of structures Blue need to destroy at the TA's.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation: Close Air Support - Moonlight!

Important Notes:

- The mission runs for 3 hours (unless one side completes the objective) and only at night.
- The mission is not part of the daily missions, but rather an exceptional one.
- The mission goes online once in a while. Dates and times are always announced on this thread days prior to the event.
- Note that illumination bombs and rockets are the key, especially, for Ka-50's.
- SA342M's are at an advantage at night, unlike Ka-50's.
- Mi-8's and UH-1's sling load (actual sling loading) ammo crates and can only deploy troops. No CTLD crates.
- BMP-3's, BTR-82A's, Bradley's and IFV LAV-25's can pick up troops at their friendly FARP.
- Deployed troops can be picked up again by either helicopters or APC's.
- A total of 24 x squads of 4 x RPG soldiers can be picked up.
- Mi-8's and UH-1's door gunners' accuracy is reduced to 67%.

Situation:

Red operates from Qeshm Island Airbase and a FARP
Blue operates from Kish Intl Airbase and a FARP

Both coalitions are advancing with APC's towards Bandar Lengeh Airbase. To get the job done, a coalition must capture and hold Bandar Lengeh Airbase and the enemy's FARP while not losing the friendly FARP.
Bandar Lengeh Airbase and both FARP's can be captured and recaptured throughout the entire mission.

------------------------------
Red Forces:

24 x BTR-82A's
12 x BMP-3's
10 x T-80U's

16 x Ka-50's (4 x slots)
20 x Mi-8MTV2's (4 x slots)

6 x Su-25T's (2 x slots) - Vikhr's disabled

------------------------------
Blue Forces:

24 x IFV LAV-25's
12 x Bradley's
10 x Abrams

16 x SA342M's (4 x slots)
20 x UH-1H's (4 x slots)

6 x A-10A's (2 x slots)

Red Objectives:

Important Notes:

All aircraft are limited in numbers, so always RTB to save your aircraft.

Helicopter pilots MUST remember the spot they took off from and RTB to it to save their helicopters.

***********************************************************************************************

Su-25T's and Ka-50's:

- Search and destroy enemy ground units.
- Always double check the ID of your target with GCI operators to avoid friendly fire.
- Illumination bombs/rockets should always be part of the loadout.

Su-25T's Waypoints:
Waypoint-1 is Bandar Lengeh Airbase
Waypoint-2 is the enemy FARP

Ka-50's ABRIS Waypoints:
Waypoint-1 is the friendly FARP
Waypoint-2 is Bandar Lengeh Airbase
Waypoint-3 is the enemy FARP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mi-8MTV2's:

10 x T-80U's are gathered at a rally point northwest of the FARP (marked on the F10 map). The T-80U's are waiting on Mi-8's to sling load a total of 10 x ammo crates from the FARP. The ammo crates must be unhooked within 150 meters from the tanks. Each ammo crate rearms one tank only. 10 x ammo crates for 10 x T-80U's.
If an ammo crate is lost, one T-80U will remain out of service.
Once a tank is rearmed it appears on the F10 map for GCI operators to assign tasks to.

In addition, deploy troops of 3 x MG's and 3 x RPG's wherever is needed.

* The rope used for sling loading is 15 meters long *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combined Arms:

The 2 cmdr slots are for players controlling ground units while being on SRS with each other and other players to coordinate their attacks.
You MUST be on SRS as a cmdr operator!
The JTAC slots are mainly for players who want to check out the situation quickly, provide GCI for a group of people or preferably everyone. In addition, you can use the JTAC slot to drive a ground unit. However, the latter requires you being on comms with cmdr operators to avoid confusion and/or causing problems to their attacks.
Frequencies:

GCI: 124 MHz
FARP Kapel: 127.5 MHz

Blue Objectives:

Important Notes:

All aircraft are limited in numbers, so always RTB to save your aircraft.

Helicopter pilots MUST remember the spot they took off from and RTB to it to save their helicopters.

*******************************************************************************************************

A-10A's and SA342M's:

- Search and destroy enemy ground units.
- Always double check the ID of your target with GCI operators to avoid friendly fire.

Waypoint-1 is Bandar Lengeh Airbase
Waypoint-2 is the enemy FARP
UH-1H's:

10 x Abrams' are gathered at a rally point north of the FARP (marked on the F10 map). The Abrams' are waiting on UH-1's to sling load a total of 10 x ammo crates from the FARP. The ammo crates must be unhooked within 150 meters from the tanks. Each ammo crate rearms one tank only. 10 x ammo crates for 10 x Abrams'.
If an ammo crate is lost, one Abrams will remain out of service.
Once a tank is rearmed it appears on the F10 map for GCI operators to assign tasks to.

In addition, deploy troops of 3 x MG's and 3 x RPG's wherever is needed.

* The rope used for sling loading is 50 feet long *
Combined Arms:

The 2 cmdr slots are for players controlling ground units while being on SRS with each other and other players to coordinate their attacks.
You MUST be on SRS as a cmdr operator!
The JTAC slots are mainly for players who want to check out the situation quickly, provide GCI for a group of people or preferably everyone. In addition, you can use the JTAC slot to drive a ground unit. However, the latter requires you being on comms with cmdr operators to avoid confusion and/or causing problems to their attacks.
Frequencies:

GCI: 251 MHz
FARP Dallas: 256.5 MHz

Practice Mission:

- A practice mission made by Tats is attached to this post. The Ka-50 is the default aircraft, but you can replace it with other types of aircraft as you like.
- I've added and changed a thing or two in the mission and that you can change yourself as you like.
- In the Ka-50, and after turning on the two batteries, look to the left and behind over your shoulder to switch on the internal lamp, to help see things around in the cockpit.
- An auto start is obviously the other way around.

Ka-50 Practice Mission.miz

total image.png

FARP's.png

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation Close Air Support - Moonlight! kicks off this Saturday, 23.10.2021, 1800 zulu

* There will be a password for the server, so sign up and get the password 15 minutes prior to the event on TeamSpeak

* Also, you can join TeamSpeak even earlier for a quick talk with your team to discuss certain tactics if desired

Signups are open NOW!

Ka-50's:

1- Tats

2-

3-

4-

Mi-8's:

1- rossmum

2-

3-

4-

Su-25T's:

1-

2-

Combined Arms Operators (2 x cmdr and 8 x JTAC slots):

1- Apok

Signups are open NOW!

SA342M's:

1- The_Tau

2-

3-

4-

UH-1's:

1-

2-

3-

4-

A-10A's:

1- Raviar

2- Sizzle

1-

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Operation Close Air Support - Moonlight! kicks off this Saturday, 23.10.2021, 1800 zulu

* There will be a password for the server, so sign up and get the password 15 minutes prior to the event on TeamSpeak

* Also, you can join TeamSpeak even earlier for a quick talk with your team to discuss certain tactics if desired

Signups are open NOW!

Ka-50's:

1-

2-

3-

4-

Mi-8's:

1-

2-

3-

4-

Su-25T's:

1-

2-

1-

Signups are open NOW!

SA342M's:

1-

2-

3-

4-

UH-1's:

1-Miccara

2-

3-

4-

A-10A's:

1-

2-

1-

🙂

Operation Close Air Support - Moonlight! Signups:

Note that the slot you sign up for is what you get primarily. However, you can swap slots with team members during the mission any time you want.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments