Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

2 hours ago, reichenwald said:

Have you thought about maybe putting some of the newer missions in this timeslot? I personally have played all of these missions often and still enjoy them but I thought that the lower player numbers recently could be because a lot of players probably played these missions a few times before. (Phonebooth also comes to mind)

I actually do that from time to time.
Sometimes a mission is quickly won by one side and the server rotates earlier than intended. I try to intervene at times, but it'd be rather inconvenient when players are already airborne.

1 hour ago, Skyracer said:

Maybe this upcoming spring we can have war games?

My idea is that every participant pays 5$, that contributes to Alps work on the server and also means that ppl will care about their virtual life!

What exactly do you mean by war games? Tournaments?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

I actually do that from time to time.
Sometimes a mission is quickly won by one side and the server rotates earlier than intended. I try to intervene at times, but it'd be rather inconvenient when players are already airborne.

What exactly do you mean by war games? Tournaments?

Yes

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

5 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Maybe this upcoming spring we can have war games?

There are players that only fly on their favorite server, either Blue or Red side, Enigma as an example. Using the Forums to build interest, perhaps it would be possible to entice other server players to form a "team" to fly Red (or Blue) and participate in a cross-server tournaments. Enigma could bring a team to the Cold War server for a mission, and Cold War could in turn take a team to Enigma for a mission. Using the forums or a purpose built website to post results and/or standings may just appeal to the "Fighter" ego enough to support occasional and ongoing contests, look at the success of the helicopter race tournament. Be cool if we could find a way to award prize money to the players or the server. I'd put up some bucks to participate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, reichenwald said:

Have you thought about maybe putting some of the newer missions in this timeslot? I personally have played all of these missions often and still enjoy them but I thought that the lower player numbers recently could be because a lot of players probably played these missions a few times before. (Phonebooth also comes to mind)

I think the new Arab-Israeli War mission will be coming soon and the Sabre/Fagot mission as well. I just hope not this weekend as I will be busy 🙏 ☹️

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, Miccara said:

There are players that only fly on their favorite server, either Blue or Red side, Enigma as an example. Using the Forums to build interest, perhaps it would be possible to entice other server players to form a "team" to fly Red (or Blue) and participate in a cross-server tournaments. Enigma could bring a team to the Cold War server for a mission, and Cold War could in turn take a team to Enigma for a mission. Using the forums or a purpose built website to post results and/or standings may just appeal to the "Fighter" ego enough to support occasional and ongoing contests, look at the success of the helicopter race tournament. Be cool if we could find a way to award prize money to the players or the server. I'd put up some bucks to participate.

A major part of the reason many of the players left Alpenwolf for Enigma is the competition over there is at a much lower level and the fight is always close to friendly air defenses. In general, everything there is “easier” which is what people want these days.  Sad but true. 

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

because this is a list of discord servers (which the actual, the real, the original, the fidelic, the one, this one Cold War Server does not have) and a list of... ..🤢... ..social media.. ..🤮... ..content creators, which the Serverrunner (thankfully) is not.

Now there have been ideas brought forward to make an official, endorsed discord server to fit the server scope and the co-admin of the server has a social media presence.
So at least one entry would be possible already.

It has to be taken into account though what kind of flagshippers the cm functions of ED, aka wääääääääähhhgs and ninenineneinneinNEIN-line currently try to curate and engineer (which is concerning).

There seemingly is also a lack of understanding, or rather mis-interpretation what actually is going on in the so-called userbase in general and the existing and potential population base for this Server in particular.
Assofar that the assumptions mentinoned create a false perception while actually being mentioned in public create the opposite of motivation.
Which is not a problem, which is not a fault, which is neither good nor bad - but for the positive intent unfortunate.

But an entry in a table the playerbase does not care about is a sidenote, it should be done but this is not what results in a reinvigoration.   

1 hour ago, rogorogo said:

because this is a list of discord servers (which the actual, the real, the original, the fidelic, the one, this one Cold War Server does not have) and a list of... ..🤢... ..social media.. ..🤮... ..content creators, which the Serverrunner (thankfully) is not.

Now there have been ideas brought forward to make an official, endorsed discord server to fit the server scope and the co-admin of the server has a social media presence.
So at least one entry would be possible already.

It has to be taken into account though what kind of flagshippers the cm functions of ED, aka wääääääääähhhgs and ninenineneinneinNEIN-line currently try to curate and engineer (which is concerning).

There seemingly is also a lack of understanding, or rather mis-interpretation what actually is going on in the so-called userbase in general and the existing and potential population base for this Server in particular.
Assofar that the assumptions mentinoned create a false perception while actually being mentioned in public create the opposite of motivation.
Which is not a problem, which is not a fault, which is neither good nor bad - but for the positive intent unfortunate.

But an entry in a table the playerbase does not care about is a sidenote, it should be done but this is not what results in a reinvigoration.   

Relax, mate. Take it easy.

I've been doing this for years and I do it because I enjoy doing it. I don't do it for fame or to have my name mentioned here and there or for whatever reasons. I don't have a Discord channel and I'm not a streamer, so what should be mentioned on that list in regards of the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server? It doesn't concern me, so it shouldn't conern you either, mate.

Please... Keep it cool.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@rogorogo I know you think that we have constant GCI surveillance of you in your Hind but that last kill before you quit today was because you sky lined yourself cresting a ridge in the desert map. We spotted you 30 miles out and then it was a simple matter of flying down the last bearing. We didn't know you were a helo until Dobs ID at 5 miles. Neither human or game GCI ever said a word about your presence. Mark I eyeball only.

Hinds are not invisible.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

On 2/26/2022 at 6:40 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- Helicopters in all Persian Gulf missions are now hidden (tomorrow's Search & Destroy included).
- All cluster bombs in all Persian Gulf missions have been removed.
- Once more I fixed the beacons in all Persian Gulf missions. I tried a different approach this time. Should work actually, but who knows if that applies to the dedicated server.
- Some warehouses in some missions were corrected.
- I'll try and implement the above in today's mission, Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed, if time permits it.

You may reference the above for the current status of visibility of helos in the F10 map.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

@rogorogo I know you think that we have constant GCI surveillance of you in your Hind but that last kill before you quit today was because you sky lined yourself cresting a ridge in the desert map. We spotted you 30 miles out and then it was a simple matter of flying down the last bearing. We didn't know you were a helo until Dobs ID at 5 miles. Neither human or game GCI ever said a word about your presence. Mark I eyeball only.

Hinds are not invisible.

It would sure be nice to get through just one mission without hearing about what's unfair, how we're cheating, exploiting something or how "fragile" the Hind is.

Edited by Miccara

Server News:

- Helicopters in all missions on all maps are now hidden on the F10 map.

* Operation Disturbed Pacific:

- Blue helicopters carrier is now 17 km off shore instead of 21 km.
- UH-1's being hidden on the F10 map and closer to Rota Island should find it rather easier to get the job done.

* Work on a new mission featuring only the MiG-15 and the F-86 has already started.

Reminder:

The new mission, Arab-Israeli War (fictional scenario), kicks off this Saturday, around 1900 zulu

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The server's offline and for whatever reason I can't bring it back up!!! Something's up... I'm still trying.

Edit:
Problem solved.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

After 4 intense hours of fighting, operation Arab-Israeli War came to an end.

Both sides were trying constantly to get the job done and were more effective at denying each other of doing exactly that. From my perspective as Red GCI I think A-4 players were rather struggling a bit with the aircraft for the first 60-90 minutes. You know, lacking flying hours in a PvP environment. I'm not sure if F-5's were doing any strike missions, but I might be mistaking. MiG's focused only on CAP which is their objective. The nuke bombs weren't delivered safely, therefore, no nuke bombing missions for Red.

Helicopters had a lot to do and were very busy, especially, SA342M's which flew CAS, SEAD and even strike missions being close to many TA's. Good to see the Gazelle being heavily used like in today's session.

Round 2 kicks off next Saturday, 12.03.2022, around 1900 zulu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I need to figure out how many Zunis are necessary to take out a bunker (assuming it's even possible with Zunis), I don't know how many I dumped into one of them with seemingly low effect. Bomb trucking was tremendously fun though!

9 hours ago, Alphaless said:

I need to figure out how many Zunis are necessary to take out a bunker (assuming it's even possible with Zunis), I don't know how many I dumped into one of them with seemingly low effect. Bomb trucking was tremendously fun though!

It is possible. I even took them out with S-5 rockets while testing the mission. Just hit them directly.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I am barely familiar with the A-4 and had time for only 2 quick sorties - was great fun!

Had only minimal key bindings, I don’t know how to drop flares/chaff, I don’t know how to operate the inertial nav system, so flew WWII style by azimuth from fixed points and counting “Mississippis” and dive bombed like a Neanderthal 🤪

Thank you Alpenwolf for giving the Scooter a chance. Loved it! Now I need to learn it properly.

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

15 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

Did anyone manage to get the nuke off yesterday on the mission? I joined late so I wasn't able to join on the full experience 😅

No. The Mi-8 sling loading the crate was shot down. Other crates were destroyed during Blue strikes at the chemical factory. We'll have to be quick next time and provide proper CAP.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

8 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

I hope to fly the A-4 in some mission based on the Caucasus map, I've been learning to fly this free mod for two intense days and it's really very good.

The mission features the Syria map. You don't have it?

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments