Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Is there any plans do add apache to the missions?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

2 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Is there any plans do add apache to the missions?

Last summer I started working on a mission by the name Close Air Support - Dynamic (see other Close Air Support missions here). It will feature the Ka-50, the Mi-24 and the Mi-8 on one side, vs the AH-64, the OH-58 and the UH-1 on the other. Ground units and Combined Arms will be heavily involved to keep things... well, dynamic. We all thought the Apache and the Kiowa were to be released by the end of 2021 or maybe even earlier in summer of last year, which is why I started working on that mission. Plans changed and things were postponed, but the mission will be made. It will be a 24/7 mission to say the least and might run for days until one side wins.

Apart from that, there will be a Helicopters Tournament featuring the Apache. Will work on that soon. I hope.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

- The warehouses in all Caucasus missions were adjusted. With the latest update a few things were changed, but shouldn't be noticeable for you.
- Missions on other maps will follow.
- Work on the MiG-15 vs F-86 mission has resumed.
- Work on the Helicopters Tournament 15 has started.

Important Note:
The last 1-2 DCS updates have introduced some inconvenient bugs to the Combined Arms module. This will surely have effect on the ground warfare with players probably refraining from playing the module. This is a hard hit to the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server, as most missions happen to include the Combined Arms module, and completing some objectives is heavily dependant on it. Operation Arab-Israeli War is supposed to kick off next Saturday. I'm really not sure what to tell you. Without the Combined Arms players it'd be incomplete in a way.
Sorry, folks. I'm just clueless here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

3 hours ago, The_Tau said:

@AlpenwolfIs having aim9Ls for A10 in Phone Booth intended? 

No. It was fixed yesterday.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, Alphaless said:

Are Limas intended in any of the missions in rotation? I can recall one more where they were available for the A-10.

They're not intended. The latest DCS update messed up the warehouses a bit, and it's not just the L missiles.

All Caucasus missions were fixed so far. Others will follow. Bear with me, please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Aye, no worries. Just making sure because I had thought they were deliberate. I can't remember the name of the mission I am thinking of, but if it helps, it was on Syria and the objectives were those target areas that became available in succession.  

Edited by Alphaless
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MMI_Grim said:

Hold the line. BK90 for the Viggen.

I'm going through all warehouses anyway, so it'll take some time. The good old bug never stops haunting me, I guess. Can't live without me or something.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

38 minutes ago, Miccara said:

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue... on the Huey, door gunners, co-pilot will not shoot.

In all missions?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Miccara said:

So far, yes. Waiting for a quiet mission to test it out with someone

Wait, you can't load them or they don't shoot?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just now, Miccara said:

I can load them, they just don't shoot at anything.

Glad to hear. It's obviously not the missions themselves then. Might wanna post the issue over at the Huey forums.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, sLYFa said:

Is the Arab-Israeli war mission still planned for tomorrow? 

It was never announced actually, but was planned. The recent Combined Arms bug makes things rather less enjoyable. On the other hand, I don't think it'll be fixed any time soon, so I'll launch the mission next Saturday. I'll announce it here officially and post the changes made in the mission.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Arab-Israeli War kicks off this Saturday, 02.04.2022, around 1800 zulu (note the recent clock change in many countries):

A few changes in the mission:
- Added an EWR on top of a mountain west of Kiryat Shmona Airbase for Blue.
- Blue must destroy 2 out of 4 Observation Sites and NOT all 4 any more to complete the objective. Still, the Red Chemical Factory must be destroyed.
- Some Blue ground units were redistributed as recommended by Mike-Delta, Merlin.
- Advanced options for some ground units were adjusted.

Note:
Red's 3rd Observation Site by the Sea of Galilee is the closest and the easiest to get to for Blue. However, it's the one with most AA's and AAA's. The Observation Sites 1 and 4 are still not too far and should be easier to destroy than 3 and 2. The Red Chemical Factory might be the challenge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments