Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

2 hours ago, PeriPar said:

Hi,

I am looking to get into DCS Cold War and I found out that the "Cold War 1947 - 1991" server is a very good one and I would be very interested to check it out!

However, I could not find the server by searching its name on the Multiplayer list and when I tried to connect to it using the IP address the server was offline (yes, I do have the Open Beta version and tried connecting at various different times in the day at different days but the server was always offline). It is worth noting that when I tried to connect to the "Enigma's Dynamic Cold War" and the "Growing Sidewinder" servers I had the same problems. Nevertheless, when I tried the IP address of a random server that popped up in my Multiplayer list, I was able to connect to it just fine.

Does anyone know it just happened that the server was offline for the last couple of days or if I am making a mistake somewhere? (Maybe there is a new IP address)

Thanks for the help!

I think server was up all the time

5 hours ago, The_Tau said:

I think server was up all the time

I just tried again and it said that the server was still offline. Do you know if there is a new IP address? I am using the one found on the first post of this forum. 

9 hours ago, PeriPar said:

I just tried again and it said that the server was still offline. Do you know if there is a new IP address? I am using the one found on the first post of this forum. 

Check out the main post of this thread for the server IP and SRS.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Do you mean the very first post of this thread with all the information about the server? I have been using the IP address from there "193.70.81.86". This is the one right?

38 minutes ago, PeriPar said:

Do you mean the very first post of this thread with all the information about the server? I have been using the IP address from there "193.70.81.86". This is the one right?

This snip is from the DCS servers web page showing the Cold War 1947-1991 current information and status. 

null

image.png

If you are not seeing this server, it is quite likely you need to update DCS to the latest Open Beta version.

The latest Open Beta version is 2.7.15.26783

If you do not see this number when you open DCS Multiplayer server selection, you are not up to date and will not see servers using this version.

null

image.png

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

25 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

The latest Open Beta version is 2.7.15.26783

Ok, I just looked at my DCS version and it is "2.7.14.23966" so updating is propably the sollution. I know that this is nooby question but usually, I update DCS when a notification to update the simulator pops up. Could you please let me know how to do an update without that notification?

Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it!

Edited by PeriPar

6 minutes ago, PeriPar said:

Ok, I just looked at my DCS version and it is "2.7.14.23966" so updating is propably the sollution. I know that this is nooby question but usually, I update DCS when a notification to update the simulator pops up. Could you please let me know how to do an update without that notification?

Thanks a lot for the help!

In your DCS install folder (<drive>\DCS World OpenBeta\bin path), there are two executables. If you use the DCS_updater.exe to start DCS, it will check for updates before starting DCS.

null

image.png

Follow this thread and you will be notified of Open Beta updates. 

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

4 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

In your DCS install folder (<drive>\DCS World OpenBeta\bin path), there are two executables. If you use the DCS_updater.exe to start DCS, it will check for updates before starting DCS.

null

image.png

Thanks! It is updating right now, I am going to let you know of the results when the update is compleated!

9 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Thanks for the help, I finally managed to connect to the server and everything works! 

I was wondering though if the upcoming Mirage F1 will be available in the server as it is somewhat modern compared to some of the other modules.

Thanks!

Edited by PeriPar

3 hours ago, PeriPar said:

Thanks for the help, I finally managed to connect to the server and everything works! 

I was wondering though if the upcoming Mirage F1 will be available in the server as it is somewhat modern compared to some of the other modules.

Thanks!

It will be added. And don't worry about it being "modern". MiG players are already able to shoot down F-14A's and occasionally, F-16's and F-18's in some events! We've got quite a few veterans here 😉

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Captured zones (airbases/FARP's/towns/etc.) will be highlighted as Red, Blue or White (neutral) on the F10 map in missions where capturing zones is the objective. The lua script is finished and will be tested this Friday, 08.07.2022, in operation Search & Destroy (PG). The mission kicks off around 1800 zulu. I've tested the script and it seems to run without any problems. Should there be any malfunctioning in the script you wouldn't even notice and the mission wouldn't be affected by it. You simply wouldn't see any zones changing any colours.

Shout out to Apok for his tremendous help with the script!

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, The_Tau said:

ED should make some kneeboard page with current MagVar like HB in F-14

The F10 map set to MAP (the VFR aeronautical chart) has isogonic lines on it. It isn't necessarily precisely accurate because those charts are dated. However, for our purposes in DCS it is generally close enough.

In addition, there seems to be a wide variation in how this is modeled module to module. Brief testing has indicated that some modules are modeled backwards. The magnetic compass is indicating the declination in the wrong direction.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

The F10 map set to MAP (the VFR aeronautical chart) has isogonic lines on it. It isn't necessarily precisely accurate because those charts are dated. However, for our purposes in DCS it is generally close enough.

In addition, there seems to be a wide variation in how this is modeled module to module. Brief testing has indicated that some modules are modeled backwards. The magnetic compass is indicating the declination in the wrong direction.

That's a lot of confusion.

I use the Doppler every time I fly the Mi-8/Mi-24. Sometimes I get to my destination, other times a few km off of it. Different maps, different settings, etc.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Alpenwolf

I formally submit my complaint regarding the fact Red Farp Mi8's can deploy troops with Manpads on The Open Range mission, Blue cannot. Defending Blue Farp against knowledgeable SU pilots like Count, is almost impossible. They simply fly under the Hawk radar and Vulcans can't cant shot them down. Red should not have Manpads.

😉

Edited by Miccara

12 hours ago, Miccara said:

@Alpenwolf

I formally submit my complaint regarding the fact Red Farp Mi8's can deploy troops with Manpads on The Open Range mission, Blue cannot. Defending Blue Farp against knowledgeable SU pilots like Count, is almost impossible. They simply fly under the Hawk radar and Vulcans can't cant shot them down. Red should not have Manpads.

😉

This simply can't be the case if you knew how the CTLD script works. Maybe your logistic structures were destroyed which would be the only/main explanation for that.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Reminder:

* Operation Search & Destroy (PG) kicks off tomorrow, Friday, 08.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.
* Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats (Caucasus) kicks off this Saturday, 09.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.
* Operation Cyprus 1952 (Syria) kicks off this Sunday, 10.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.

* Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats:
- The mission is designed in a way that both the MiG-29A and the F-14A can carry out both CAP and strike tasks.
- S-24 rockets or FAB bombs for the MiG-29A and ZUNI rockets or Mk bombs/GBU's for the F-14A are more than enough to finish the job in maybe one or two sorties.
- The addition of the Su-25A and the A-10A is a mere extra. If you think it's not suitable for the task then stick with the fighter jets. An extra can only help, but surely not hinder if left out.
- Depends on how the mission plays out, changes might be made while taken into consideration the players' feedback that has already been shared on Discord.
- The plan is then to make the mission part of the daily missions if things go well. With that, it would be the first mission without featuring the MiG-21 and the F-5.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

This simply can't be the case if you knew how the CTLD script works. Maybe your logistic structures were destroyed which would be the only/main explanation for that.

Spoke with Count during the game (just after actually), said he was putting out troops with KUB's... All I got and ever get at our FARP, regardless of where I seem to be on it, is "You are not in a pickup zone" Am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Miccara said:

Spoke with Count during the game (just after actually), said he was putting out troops with KUB's... All I got and ever get at our FARP, regardless of where I seem to be on it, is "You are not in a pickup zone" Am I missing something?

That can only mean that your logistic structures have been destroyed.

Edit:
There was something in the script. It's weird though that it's never been reported all this time, so it was hard to believe there was something missing in the script.
Fixed!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

12 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

That can only mean that your logistic structures have been destroyed.

Edit:
There was something in the script. It's weird though that it's never been reported all this time, so it was hard to believe there was something missing in the script.
Fixed!

You're the greatest!

3 minutes ago, Miccara said:

You're the greatest!

I ain't 😉

Dawger found the issue, by the way. Credit to him. Not saying he's the greatest. He's just... Dawger.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats - Today's Summary:

* max. 3 hours mission time

Round 1:
The roster was full with a few players waiting in the spectators seats for quite a while. Red managed to destroy the Blue FARP, but mainly due to a low number of Tomcats in the first 30-40 minutes of the mission.

Round 2:
Blue was slightly outnumbered, but managed to establish air superiority for enough time for me flying the A-10A to take out 2 x AAA's and 2 bunkers using 4 Mavericks. In the second sortie the Tomcats distracted the Fulcrums further southeast of bulls, and I was able to take out the third and last AAA with a Maverick shot and dropped all 3 x Mk-82's on the comms tower, which eventually destroyed it.

First sortie A-10's loadout: 4 x Mavericks, 1 x AIM-9L and 55% fuel. Made it back home with 28% fuel remaining.
Second sortie A-10's loadout: 2 x Mavericks, 1 x AIM-9L, 3 x Mk-82's and 50% fuel.

During both sorties I was flying around 300 mph. Sometimes even faster when diving into the valleys and never too slow when climbing. The bottom line is, the A-10A wasn't as bad as many have speculated and the flight path I put there is good enough to keep you ca. 80% of the time hidden in valleys on the way in. I asked around and had nothing but very positive feedback regarding the setup of the mission. Therefore, it will be part of the daily missions. And... I'll make another one. Don't worry though, it will always be one Fulcrums & Tomcats mission max at a time on the missions' roster. 10 missions are currently online, 9 out of which are regular missions featuring the standard modules of the server you're familiar with.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments