Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Forgive me for being forced to shoot down his A-10A with a Stinger missile from a TacCommander. He did more than that, he caused tremendous damage to friendly forces...

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

4 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

Forgive me for being forced to shoot down his A-10A with a Stinger missile from a TacCommander. He did more than that, he caused tremendous damage to friendly forces...

Don't feel like you need to be forgiven for that. As long as you tried to get them to stop first I think most of us would agree it's completely justified. On red we try to get them on SRS then the chat. If they don't respond and keep on hitting friendlies either damage/destroy them with the friendly air defences or get a friendly aircraft on comms to do the same. The idea is that if we damage them first they'll RTB and possibly read the chat on the runway, else its just taking them out of a position to keep attacking the ground units

On 6/17/2021 at 9:55 PM, Alpenwolf said:

True. On the other hand, there are always units and some structures at road bases for exactly that purpose apart from enabling rearming and refueling of course. And a truck driving around could also drag attention while driving around with clouds of dust behind him. I know the casual DCS player, mate. Besides, I always write in the briefing that pilots must RTB to an airbase rather than the road base, except for the Viggens and only in the mission When The Mountains Cry where briefing images are attached showing the whereabouts of that particular road base. If a player however chooses to RTB to the road base then I'd expect him to be experienced enough to do so.

Most of the time the RTB to the road base is second choice, we only really use it if someone got stuck up in a dog fight and no longer has enough fuel to RTB and we're trying to save the airframe. In that scenario there is a lot of pressure about getting the correct position first time as there may not be enough fuel to get turned around.

The point about driving around is fair, I'll see if there is any ability to do this from static units or if there is a way to prevent the vehicle moving.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dcsil2pilot said:

Going over Mach 1.1 in the viggen forbidden? Saw some bluefor talking about a script causing the Viggen to explode if they travel too fast, is this true?

its realistic limits for speed across the deck atleast, warning at 1200kph (M1.14), i think it should actually destroy at 1400kph (M1.20) 

Osetia mission - Can we get info that RED won, if it happens. BLUE get message but RED needs to w8 for mission to end and most ppl have no clue if they won. Just rotate server 5min after message or something.

17 hours ago, Conker4 said:

I would advice adding to the briefing the kinds of weapons that can be used so that its clear what can be used

I would advice to simply not exploit anything. You're not a newbie so you know better than to take an all-aspect air to air missile from a road base when your spawn airbase, Vody, had none. Or do you want me to list all 500+ weapons, fuel tanks and pods to announce what is allowed and what is not when these change from time to time anyway?! Don't try to put the blame on me for not including such a list. Don't make it worse, mate. You're not a newbie and a newbie would maybe get warned for it but I wouldn't blame such player who's only starting to get familiarised with the server. Not you though. Not Server veterans and aces whom I'd rather expect to help me out detecting bugs, failures, provide feedback and players who break the rules and exploit things to their own advantage.

End of the story, mate, just let it go.

17 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

@Alpenwolf

In a mission we are currently running, two people in an A-10A are deliberately destroying a number of friendly vehicles; I'll submit the Tacview file later, but two people, "Captain America" and "PEPE 1-1", are completely ignoring warnings and repeatedly machine gunning friendly UH-1Hs. The FARP was almost destroyed. I can't hide my frustration.

I'd need the tacview file, please. I can't just kick/ban people without evidence.

9 hours ago, dcsil2pilot said:

Going over Mach 1.1 in the viggen forbidden? Saw some bluefor talking about a script causing the Viggen to explode if they travel too fast, is this true?

Unfortunately, it is true. This was necessary to stop players from exploiting the Viggen's bugged max. speed.

I might take than restriction away soon and simply warn players who exploit the bug, otherwise a kick or a ban would be initiated if they keep on doing it.

4 minutes ago, Apok said:

Osetia mission - Can we get info that RED won, if it happens. BLUE get message but RED needs to w8 for mission to end and most ppl have no clue if they won. Just rotate server 5min after message or something.

Red wins only if Blue fails to destroy all 5 TA's. If the server rotates after 5 hours (mission time) then it simply means Red managed to stop Blue from destroying all TA's within 5 hours => Red wins!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@Alpenwolf 

just a couple of helicopter related things. 

I’m not sure if this is still current, but last I checked in Two Towns Hueys can’t pick ip troops at the FARP. Just comes up with “You are not in a loading zone”. Red helicopters work fine. 

troop numbers. Is there a way we can have it so the Mi-8 can take more than one standard squad (six men) To make up the capacity of the transport. Same with Huey. Can the limit be what the helicopter can lift rather than just one single squad. 

also, is there any chance MANPADs could be changed from a crate to an infantry unit? It seems like a more natural fit. Or is this in place as more of a balance thing? 

love the server mate. You do a great job, and these are humble requests and FYIs, not demands. Thanks for all you do for us. 

• Like 3

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

Ossetia:

Not sure what happened but the EWR stopped working a few minutes in to the mission, probably a bug. 

Was struggling with the flight school house. It took a hit, caught on fire but did not go down. Not sure what that thing is made of hehe. 

I think it is enough with x2 main road blocks on waypoint 1. The 3rd one is pretty hard to spot. 

We landed on the road base several times, spot on! I think those Red Bull markers can be removed. Viggens nav system is pretty accurate so it takes us straight over it. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.39.18.94 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.58.14.09 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.44.50.29 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 13.10.22.53 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 13.14.20.04 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.59.32.77 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.50.09.91 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.34.16.34 (2).png

Edited by NELLUS
  • Like 2

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server News:

* Operation The Desert Has Eyes:

- Added 8 x Mi-24's.

- Replaced 8 x Su-25T's by additional 8 x Su-25's.

- Instead of 2 x Su-25 slots it's now 4 for a total of 16 x Su-25's.

* Operation Fight Island:

- Instead of 12 x Ka-50's it's now 6.

- Added 14 x Mi-24's.

- Instead of 10 x SA342M's it's now 20.

* Operation Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi:

- Instead of 12 x Ka-50's it's now 6.

- Added 12 x Mi-24's.

- Instead of 10 x SA342M's it's now 16.

- Instead of 10 x SA342L's it's now 16.

* Operation Hold The Line:

- All Ka-50's removed.

- Instead 4 x Mi-24 slots were added.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

11 minutes ago, Grievo said:

@Alpenwolf 

just a couple of helicopter related things. 

I’m not sure if this is still current, but last I checked in Two Towns Hueys can’t pick ip troops at the FARP. Just comes up with “You are not in a loading zone”. Red helicopters work fine. 

troop numbers. Is there a way we can have it so the Mi-8 can take more than one standard squad (six men) To make up the capacity of the transport. Same with Huey. Can the limit be what the helicopter can lift rather than just one single squad. 

also, is there any chance MANPADs could be changed from a crate to an infantry unit? It seems like a more natural fit. Or is this in place as more of a balance thing? 

love the server mate. You do a great job, and these are humble requests and FYIs, not demands. Thanks for all you do for us. 

The UH-1's in Two Towns should be fine. I see nothing wrong in the script so maybe a bug because I put the mission online yesterday after adding some fixes.

Limiting troops' numbers should be doable according to the CTLD script. For whatever reason it never worked for me. I might be overseeing something or the script needs some fixing.

Infantries are not available in most missions which is why the MANPAD is a crate. However, as I've mentioned multiple time at some point there will be infantry transports only once we have some infantry upgrade. So the MANPAD will of course part of a squad.

You're welcome.

9 minutes ago, NELLUS said:

Ossetia:

Not sure what happened but the EWR stopped working a few minutes in to the mission, probably a bug. 

Was struggling with the flight school house. It took a hit, caught on fire but did not go down. Not sure what that thing is made of hehe. 

I think it is enough with x2 road blocks on waypoint 1. The 3rd one is pretty hard to spot. 

We landed on the road base several times, spot on! I think those Red Bull markers can be removed. Viggens nav system is pretty accurate so it takes us straight over it. I would not recommend F5's to use the road base.  

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.39.18.94 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.58.14.09 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.44.50.29 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 13.10.22.53 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 13.14.20.04 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.59.32.77 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.50.09.91 (2).png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 12.34.16.34 (2).png

"Red Bull" XD

The mission was added back to the server yesterday to include the changes. That's very likely the very reason for the EWR not working probably.

Take bombs instead for the Flight School Building. It must work.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I'd need the tacview file, please. I can't just kick/ban people without evidence.

I tried to submit Tacview, but the file was corrupted and I couldn't see it. (I guess it was caused by the crash of DCS right after...)
My friend didn't have Tacview installed and took a video instead, but that might be a little tough to prove friendly fire by a specific individual. Therefore, I'm very disappointed but I'm going to withdraw my complaint this time.
If someone else who was on the server at the time can provide a Tacview of "Two Town" (June 19, 15:00 UTC), we might be able to prove it, but I don't want to force them to do so. It's really frustrating.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I'm sorry...

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU

Phantom Forever

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

1 hour ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I tried to submit Tacview, but the file was corrupted and I couldn't see it. (I guess it was caused by the crash of DCS right after...)
My friend didn't have Tacview installed and took a video instead, but that might be a little tough to prove friendly fire by a specific individual. Therefore, I'm very disappointed but I'm going to withdraw my complaint this time.
If someone else who was on the server at the time can provide a Tacview of "Two Town" (June 19, 15:00 UTC), we might be able to prove it, but I don't want to force them to do so. It's really frustrating.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I'm sorry...

Don't worry about it. All good. If you have the replay file still just have it running and thus recreate a tacview file. Maybe during the night when you're sleeping or while at work or something.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

14 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Don't worry about it. All good. If you have the replay file still just have it running and thus recreate a tacview file. Maybe during the night when you're sleeping or while at work or something.

I hadn't thought of that... You saved my life.

Here's the Tacview file I got from the replay file. It clearly shows you destroying a friendly HAWK Sam site, shooting down a friendly UH-1H, and destroying a FARP.

You can see it at the end of each file.

Tacview-20210620-232430-DCS-Two Towns.zip.acmi Tacview-20210620-233211-DCS-Two Towns.zip.acmi

Phantom Forever

1 hour ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I hadn't thought of that... You saved my life.

Here's the Tacview file I got from the replay file. It clearly shows you destroying a friendly HAWK Sam site, shooting down a friendly UH-1H, and destroying a FARP.

You can see it at the end of each file.

Tacview-20210620-232430-DCS-Two Towns.zip.acmi 3.29 MB · 1 download Tacview-20210620-233211-DCS-Two Towns.zip.acmi 411.06 kB · 0 downloads

Will check it out tomorrow. Currently at work.

1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

Where HIND ? GIB HIND!

You're having any issues, mate? ;-)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just now, Shadow KT said:

I don't see Hind on the missions.

Currently 7 out of the 11 missions online have it. Operation Catch Me If You Can doesn't have Red helicopters anyway so it doesn't count. That means 2 missions remain without the Hind. Will do tomorrow. Don't have any convulsion issues now. Relax 😛

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 minute ago, Shadow KT said:

I must be unlucky then (nothing new to me). Haven't seen one yet. 

The only two missions lacking the Hind still are Open Range and When The Mountains Cry. Both missions go online tonight starting with Open Range as it is per automatic missions' order. You're very unlucky then. See a doctor or something 😉

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

23 hours ago, CrazyGman said:
Got to do some PvP multiplayer last night on Alpenwolf's Cold War 1947-1991 server. Fun times!!

Wow, that's the first vid I've seen of two-human crew using the HIND, and it really looks fun!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

The only two missions lacking the Hind still are Open Range and When The Mountains Cry. Both missions go online tonight starting with Open Range as it is per automatic missions' order. You're very unlucky then. See a doctor or something 😉

Only if doctors helped with that. :((((

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days