Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

3 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

trying to fix the flare de-sync, havent found a solution yet

Set them up and launch them as the pilot. Bind keybinds for the flare despenser "left" "right" and the "set I/II//III" press each key after you take off, and test that the work by pressing the Pilot snars keybind

Edited by CrazyGman

19 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

Operation Open Range:

- Removed all Su-25T's.

- Instead of 8 x Su-25's, it's now 14 (used to be 8 x Su-25's and 8 x Su-25T's).

- Added 10 x Mi-24's.

- The 6 x Ka-50's remain.

- Instead of 12 x SA342M's it's now 20.

- Instead of 4 x AJS37 slots it's now 6 (number of the available AJS37's remain the same).

- Added a road base for the AJS37's -> Waypoint-4. It's closer to the bullseye by ca. 95 km (ca. 60 miles).

- 1 x Avenger, infantries and other armoured units at the road base.

- Briefing adjusted.

The road base should be a good addition, turnaround times when there were only one or two Viggens trying to hit the factory or lake were a pain. Should ramp up the tempo without making things too hard for red. Cheers.

• Like 1

Yet another bug for the hind, will not startup on mission "fight island" both in manual and autostart, another guy with me had the same issue.

The quirks of early access i guess..

P.S also saw some pretty strange pathfinding of the ground units in CA, literally driving in the ocean (jesus moment there)

18 minutes ago, LoneS said:

My thoughts on the Hind so far compared to the BlackShark:

With 2 pilots you see more than 1.

RWR helps a lot. At least you know something is up when the Shark has no idea Hawk or Patriot or enemy fighters got a lock on it.

In the Shark we are tempted to hover because it's great at hovering and has the best missiles to fight tanks with. And because it's easier to look for targets that way......

The Hind keeps on flying and charging forward (must do) no hovering so no ground units sneaking up on you and you're not easy to hit by enemy fighters hanging in the air and hovering......

Once players start getting used it Im sure the Hind will be tougher on enemy ground units than the Shark. Wait and you'll see.

So Alpy might put the Shark back and remove the Hind 😅

One of the reasons for cancelling the Ka-50 project was favouring the two pilots concept over the one pilot one. Like you said; 4 eyes are better than 2, One flies while the other scans for targets, etc.

See why I said removing the Shark completely is not a thing? Give it time. And by that I meant, let's see how things play out with this new module added to Red's arsenal before removing the Shark completely from the server. So far I've removed it from 5 missions while reducing its numbers in others. No need to rush anything here.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Rigo said:

Yet another bug for the hind, will not startup on mission "fight island" both in manual and autostart, another guy with me had the same issue.

The quirks of early access i guess..

P.S also saw some pretty strange pathfinding of the ground units in CA, literally driving in the ocean (jesus moment there)

I had the same problem so tested it extensively. The problem is the air temperature. Alpen has it set to 41 degrees and the Hind will reliably start up at 30 and with issues at 33. There's no way to get her to start at 41 at all.

Server News:

Operation Street Fight (Syria map) is back online:

- Removed all Ka-50's.

- Added 14 x Mi-24's.

- Removed all R-60's. Instead more R3S and R-13M1 missiles.

* I know many of you have issues with the Syria map but I couldn't resist not having it included for the sake of the Hind or basically any helicopter.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

13 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- Removed all Ka-50's.

- Added 14 x Mi-24's.

* I know many of you have issues with the Syria map but I couldn't resist not having it included for the sake of the Hind or basically any helicopter.

Syria is a Hilo’s dream, great to have the mission back 👍🏻

• Like 3

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, prwoodard said:

Hey Guys,

what is your preferred aim 9 variant when flying the F5?

The Aim9p5 is the best, but generally not available on CW server these days. The Gar8 is an early Aim9b variant, quite difficult to use and get kills with unless the enemy is unaware. The Aim9p is probably the best one you have access to atm.

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

On 6/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- Removed all Ka-50's.

- Added 14 x Mi-24's.

Syria is amazing, but for some reason even with a 2080ti, Syria runs terrible on my system.  

Server News:

Operation Behind Enemy Lines (Syria map) is back online:

- All 12 x Su-25T's removed.

- Instead of 8 x Su-25's it's now 14.

- Therefore, the Ka-50's remain. However, instead of 12 it's now 8.

- 20 x Mi-24's (4 slots) added.

- Instead of 24 x Mi-8's/UH-1's it's now 18.

- R-60's removed.

- Instead of Leclerc tanks it's now Leopard 1A3 tanks.

- Dust removed.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

vor einer Stunde schrieb Alpenwolf:

Server News:

Operation Behind Enemy Lines (Syria map) is back online:

- All 12 x Su-25T's removed.

- Instead of 8 x Su-25's it's now 14.

- Therefore, the Ka-50's remain. However, instead of 12 it's now 8.

- 20 x Mi-24's (4 slots) added.

- Instead of 24 x Mi-8's/UH-1's it's now 18.

- R-60's removed.

- Instead of Leclerc tanks it's now Leopard 1A3 tanks.

- Dust removed.

Why are R60s being removed in so many missions?

3 hours ago, reichenwald said:

Why are R60s being removed in so many missions?

Missions featuring MiG-29A's and F-14A's will always have R-60's included. Other missions will have them for a while and then lose them for a while. Then have them back again and so on. One of the reasons, and as I always say, is to break the routine. The MiG-21 can carry so many different air-to-air missiles. Unfortunately, the F-5 has access to three missiles only of which 1 is all-aspect (AIM-9P5) so it's a no go and 1 (the AIM-9B, aka GAR-8) is limited to two missions only featuring early stages of the Cold War and is really a poor missile. So it's the AIM-9P for the F-5 in all the other none-early-cold-war missions.

Another reason is the R-60 being allegedly a "semi" all-aspect missile as some claim. Not sure what to make of that but it seems to be turning in on a bandit way better than the AIM-9P. And this has been discussed and argued about so many relentless times so let's not go back there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 6/22/2021 at 1:48 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

Operation Sukhumi - The Beginning is back online:

- Bf 109's removed completely and are now replaced by I-16's.

- T-55's vs Leopard 1A3's instead of Panzer IV vs Shermans.

- Remember! It's R-55's vs AIM-9B's (GAR-8's) ONLY!

- Helicopters remain excluded in this mission of the early Cold War stages.

In that mission P51s AWACS doesnt respond at all. In fact pilot doesnt even talk to it. It talks to F5s Awacs but obviously it cant hear the response. 

24 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

In that mission P51s AWACS doesnt respond at all. In fact pilot doesnt even talk to it. It talks to F5s Awacs but obviously it cant hear the response. 

Must be a DCS thing then if you can talk to the EWR but it doesn't respond.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

23 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Must be a DCS thing then if you can talk to the EWR but it doesn't respond.

thats the thing though, for P51 awacs, pilot does nothing. You press "request picture" in radio and there is silence. You do same for F5 awacs (in p51) and at least pilot says "1, request picture" (of course no response as its different Freq)

31 minutes ago, Conker4 said:

Its been a week since my incident @Alpenwolf and the ban is still up, im just checking in.

Expire date: Friday, June 25, 2021 4:17:08 PM zulu

If I'm to do it now I'd have to change the ban-script-line manually (which I could) and restart the server (which I couldn't) for it to apply. Currently 40+ players online so I can't just restart the server, mate.

Trust me, I'm not enjoying one bit of having you banned. There is no joy in it unless I had been some ill creep who enjoys the misfortunes of others. I'd rather have you as a server veteran to guide newcomers, like other veterans do, and help them understand the nature of this server, how vital SRS is, the necessity of being a teamplayer, etc.

Hope to see you tomorrow airborne!

Take care

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpen, I always believed Ka50s are on server as a placeholder. Why they are still online along with Mi24s? Also low number of available slots for all helicopters is crazy. Two Mi24s, two Ka50s and 4 Mi8s? Make it atleast 6 per type. There is nothing more frustrating than coming to a server to find out, two out of two slots are occupied already. I really do not understand why you keep heli slots so low. Thank you.

• Like 2

Mi8 pilot of [VODKA] squadron

51 minutes ago, CrazyJohny said:

Alpen, I always believed Ka50s are on server as a placeholder. Why they are still online along with Mi24s? Also low number of available slots for all helicopters is crazy. Two Mi24s, two Ka50s and 4 Mi8s? Make it atleast 6 per type. There is nothing more frustrating than coming to a server to find out, two out of two slots are occupied already. I really do not understand why you keep heli slots so low. Thank you.

The Ka-50 and even the Su-25T have been removed from quite many missions already and reduced in numbers in some. Also, check out FAQ number 7 on the main post of this thread.

It's mostly 6-8 x Ka-50's, 12-20 x Mi-24's and 18-24 x Mi-8's with 2-4 slots available for each type. So having 6 slots per type of helicopter would have them destroyed in the first 60 minutes rendering a coalition without helicopter operations for the rest of the mission. Now, you might suggest increasing the numbers of available aircraft for those helicopters. In that case we'd end up having 30-60 aircraft per helicopter type or so. With so many helicopters buzzing around we'd have more air defences deployed in larger numbers making it harder on fast movers to go about their objectives. And with so many attack helicopters I'd have to increase the numbers of ground units. So basically, it's more or less the same setup but larger with so many aircraft flying around and ground units deployed everywhere resulting in chaos. GCI operators wouldn't enjoy that much and have a hard time coordinating so many units.

We just had 45+ players in the mission Fight Island and the comms channels were overloaded. Players asking for bogey dope, helicopters for enemy tanks and ground units required constant monitoring. Imagine having 8 or more helicopter pilots with more ground units everywhere!

I understand players are hyped for the Mi-24 (doesn't mean you specifically) and I get your point when joining a server wanting to fly a specific type of aircraft to find out all slots are taken. However, adding more slots to counter that on the cost of having chaos for the reasons I mentioned above is not a proper way of doing things.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Homs (Syria) is back online:

- Removed all Su-25T's.

- Instead of 12 x Ka-50's it's now 8.

- Added 16 x Mi-24's (2 slots).

- Instead of 10 x SA342M's it's now 16.

- Moved all MiG-21's to Bassel Al-Assad airbase.

- However, if MiG-21's land at Hama airbase reserve MiG-21 slots become operational. Think of it as a transfer of the aircraft.

- Tanks are put in tank groups.

- KUB's and Hawk's removed from the CTLD list. AAA's, EWR, artillery and ammo trucks as crates.

- An infantry squad can be loaded by Mi-8's and UH-1's: 1 x AK-47/M4, 2 x MG's, 2 x AT's and 1 x MANPAD.

- Red FARP upgraded. Blue helicopters operate from an airbase and have no FARP.

FARP.png

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

18 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

It's mostly 6-8 x Ka-50's, 12-20 x Mi-24's and 18-24 x Mi-8's with 2-4 slots available for each type. So having 6 slots per type of helicopter would have them destroyed in the first 60 minutes rendering a coalition without helicopter operations for the rest of the mission.

Swedish Delivery. Two slots per type, after two hours 16 Mi 24s depleted. Same with Mi8s. Atleast increase amount of airframes, as you stated in your first reply, red coalition is useless and server is just furball now.....

Mi8 pilot of [VODKA] squadron