Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

I can't be the only person with this issue but have been unable to even find anyone talking about it. I can't fly the Harrier online because anytime I hit the communication menu for bogey dope, it causes the Aim-9 growl in the Harrier to disappear and I have not been able to find anyway to get the growl back. Absolutely killing this bird for me and driving me crazy! It's one or the other, I can have an Aim-9 growl and no bogey dope or bogey dope and no Aim-9 growl.

Never heard of such a problem. As NaCH said, report that to RAZBAM maybe.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I'm working on a new mission with special op's for the Viggen, so I need to know how many waypoints can the nav system of the Viggen store? I don't own the module, hence the question.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and once the new mission arrives, I'll remove the mission Whispers & Whistles from the rotation for a good while. Not one of my favourite missions to be honest, and the server seems empty when it's online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

there is a Discord channel for this server? i think its much better than teamspeak

You only need the software for chatting, so better how?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I'm trying to learn how to use MP. I downloaded Teamspeak, registered, and connected to the Coldwar channels but it looks like I am the only one on Teamspeak. I don't see other players using it - there are many other players on the actual CW DCS server though. Am I doing something wrong?

Porkchopper, my experience is that people who are going to use public voice will be on SRS, when the server is busy SRS is well populated generally (at least for blue).

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

I'm trying to learn how to use MP. I downloaded Teamspeak, registered, and connected to the Coldwar channels but it looks like I am the only one on Teamspeak. I don't see other players using it - there are many other players on the actual CW DCS server though. Am I doing something wrong?

With Discord entering DCS, TeamSpeak has become less popular, which is a shame really. Discord is rubbish. But if you use Simple Radio when online, you should be fine.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

are you going to add C-101 to the server???

I think I will replace the Hawk with the C-101.

Work on the C-101 is still alive I take it?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You only need the software for chatting, so better how?

I only ask because all the big servers (and i think this is one of the best servers at the moment) have one Discord channel where the people can share with the host news, maps, briefings, skins,info of the mission, videos and all kind of stuff...for comms in the sim its always better srs but the discord its a very complete tool for the rest! i dont think its rubbish but i understand that not everyone like discord...thanks for create an keep this server up the best place for Mig-21bis to fly (i only hate that everyone fly so low :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only ask because all the big servers (and i think this is one of the best servers at the moment) have one Discord channel where the people can share with the host news, maps, briefings, skins,info of the mission, videos and all kind of stuff...for comms in the sim its always better srs but the discord its a very complete tool for the rest! i dont think its rubbish but i understand that not everyone like discord...thanks for create an keep this server up the best place for Mig-21bis to fly (i only hate that everyone fly so low :) )

Just like Steam, Discord monitors your activities. The less monitored I am the better. Besides, why call it discord? Isn't that a negative thing? Whereas the name TeamSpeak indicates what it stands for. Plain and simple.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The C-101CC was added to the following missions:

Battle Over Sukhumi City / Elbrus / Open Range / Five Points / When The Mountains Cry

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpi

Danke for your efforts and the server! As I said before you are underappreciated...!

Quick question, will the Tomcat be incorporated when it comes out?

Its a 1974 Fighter... ������

Please no. Let's not repeat the mistake the Harrier was, with advanced avionics, advanced weapons (9m cough) etc, just because the air frame was introduced during the cold war. In this sense, the F-15 should be included as well, it did had it's maiden flight at 1972 :music_whistling:

Hey Alpi

Danke for your efforts and the server! As I said before you are underappreciated...!

Quick question, will the Tomcat be incorporated when it comes out?

Its a 1974 Fighter... ������

Just like manfrombenaki said, one could probably include all/most planes we have in DCS, because of the date of the maiden flight.

I did mention something similar regarding the matter in one of the earliest posts of this thread. The Cold War covered a long period of time, which according to most sources, was from 1947 until 1991. Some sources would tell you it started right after WWll, which would be 1945. Now, I have to admit that the name of the server turned out to be a bit misleading in a way. Some look at it as merely the "name of the game" so to speak, others think it indicates what types of aircraft/weaponary where included in that time.

With the MiG-21 and the F-5 being the main modules here, I kinda try to keep the skies "safe" for the two to be the ones who establish air superiority. Including planes like the Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29, F-15, F-18, F-14, (F-16) and M-2000 would simply change the outcome of many aerial battles and the way in which a mission is played out. Imagine flying in one of these planes with the powerful radar, RWR, etc. systems, where everyone is relying mostly on their eyes to spot things, while you'd be flying high and safe with a much greater situational awareness and better weapons.

Future plans:

The F-4 being such an icon of that era (Vietnam, Egypt...) will surely be added. The module wouldn't have such a decisively changing effect on the missions' implementation while flying the likes of the Fishbed and the tiger like the above mentioned airplanes, though it will nonetheless. Same thing with the MiG-23. Both will be added, but in limited numbers.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I've not been able to spawn into an aircraft on several missions (can spawn as tactical commander)

DCS freezes and has to be closed via task manager where it shows not responding.

I've tried spawning into the missions offline as single player and still no joy. So far I can only confirm the problem is not any of the triggers or scripting (removing them from the mission didn't help)

Missions that are working just fine are:

Phone Booth

Five points

Supervision

Missions not working are:

Ossetia

Open Range

Sail Ahoy!

When The Mountains Cry

Elbrus

I'll keep digging at my end to try and find the problem but if anyone has any hints that'd be awesome.

@ Dehuman:

The missions that work for you are smaller miz files in size. Maybe that's why. Try to reduce your graphics settings and see what happens.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just like manfrombenaki said, one could probably include all/most planes we have in DCS, because of the date of the maiden flight.

I did mention something similar regarding the matter in one of the earliest posts of this thread. The Cold War covered a long period of time, which according to most sources, was from 1947 until 1991. Some sources would tell you it started right after WWll, which would be 1945. Now, I have to admit that the name of the server turned out to be a bit misleading in a way. Some look at it as merely the "name of the game" so to speak, others think it indicates what types of aircraft/weaponary where included in that time.

With the MiG-21 and the F-5 being the main modules here, I kinda try to keep the skies "safe" for the two to be the ones who establish air superiority. Including planes like the Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29, F-15, F-18, F-14, (F-16) and M-2000 would simply change the outcome of many aerial battles and the way in which a mission is played out. Imagine flying in one of these planes with the powerful radar, RWR, etc. systems, where everyone is relying mostly on their eyes to spot things, while you'd be flying high and safe with a much greater situational awareness and better weapons.

Future plans:

The F-4 being such an icon of that era (Vietnam, Egypt...) will surely be added. The module wouldn't have such a decisively changing effect on the missions' implementation while flying the likes of the Fishbed and the tiger like the above mentioned airplanes, though it will nonetheless. Same thing with the MiG-23. Both will be added, but in limited numbers.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Absolutely, it should only include fighters that were in front line service not because they had there maiden flight.

Thanks Alpi for clarifying...

Its funny you mention “eyes to rely on”; I’ve read, been told and have plenty of experience with “seeing” in DCS, especially with 2k and (worse) 4k monitors. Most fighters of that time did NOT tactically crawl around the mud waiting for prey to trolly by hoping to see them first and not get spotted, and that is how most of the kills are made... and yes, I’ve seen vidas and replays of plenty of guys squatting at low level and running out of fuel instead of returning to Base in time... but thats an argument for another post!

But hey, its your BBQ, and it smells great!

Thanks again for all your efforts, time and making a great game awesome and fun!

PS to Brigg: the F-14 WAS a Vietnam War Era front line fighter and was deployed during the evacuation of Saigon in 1975... so adding the Kitty for a mission or two would not hurt if we got the Fulcrum and 27 on the other side, too?

Edited by EagleA25
Just added context

PS to Brigg: the F-14 WAS a Vietnam War Era front line fighter and was deployed during the evacuation of Saigon in 1975... so adding the Kitty for a mission or two would not hurt if we got the Fulcrum and 27 on the other side, too?

I have some tournaments on mind for the F-14. Don't worry.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments