Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

8 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

MANPAD's are good enough against helis, don't you think?

Not AS good. If you don't want to let us put them out, then include one or two at the start the missions where Hinds have A2A capabilities.

It's going to be more hazardous to fly a Blue Helicopter. With no human GCI to ID and the possibility of R-60M, visual ID of a helo prior to engaging is going to be very unpopular (At least for those of us in VR). Seeker tone and launch the Aim-9 before you get in the R-60M WEZ will be the safest path.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

The application of such capability was a direct result of 1987 some teenager piercing through soviet's air defense in a c172. The field mod was only received by those with boarder patrol role as a stop gap measure to intercept low altitude slow GA aircraft, a niche application rather than a general self defense capability by design for this airframe in cold war timeline.
I'm content that for now it's not available in daily rotating missions. All missions on the server are of hypothetical scenario i know, but i'd still argue it needs justification case by case in those handful presence. For example in Mariana helicopter event i think for sure it's a nice-to-have; missions featuring gen 4 i'd say 50/50; in Arab-Israeli campaign i'd say no. Imagine Syrian operating Mi-24s that were supposed to be patrolling border in either Czechia or DDR, it is just weird.

Server News:

Operation Into The Desert:
- Su-25's and A-10's operate from road bases next to L-39's and C-101's. No more long flights from Bandar Abbas Intl and Lar Airbases to the TA.
- Added drawings on the F10 map.
- Added a lua script to help players understand the objectives better.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

- Operation Search & Destroy (PG map) kicks off this Friday, 17.06.2022, around 1830 zulu. (MiG-29A's and F-14A's featured)
- Operation Arab-Israeli-War (Syria map) kicks off this Saturday, 18.06.2022, around 1800 zulu. (A-4 mod featured)
- Operation Clash of Eras (Syria map) kicks off this Sunday, 19.05.2022, around 1800 zulu. (Ka-50's and AH-64's featured)

* Search & Destroy change log:
- Added R-60M's to Hinds.
- Replaced all SA342M's with AH-64's, limited to 8 x Hellfires.
- Added SA342Mistrals.
- Added some Drawings on the F10 map.

* Arab-Israeli-War change log:
- Replaced T-55's and M60's with T-72's and Merkavas.
- The destruction of 75% of whatever assets at the TA's for Blue will be enough for the completion of the objectives.

* Clash of Eras change log:
- With modules from WWll and early CW being featured on both sides, comms has been an issue. Therefore, the SRS radio expansion is enabled. Players have access to all frequencies.

Note that these changes are not permanent and apply only for these missions on the aforementioned dates.
The lack of Gazelle players and generally Cold War suited Blue helicopters has been a thing for years. Waiting on the AH-1 might go on for God only knows how long. Therefore, the addition of the AH-64 here and there from time to time is hopefully tolerated. Just like having the AV-8B or the M-2000 back in the day when we had fewer modules than now. And you know how much I'd like to go as accurately as possible when designing missions, especially events, but instead, I end up dealing with the reality of things and accept lacking so much for a pure Cold War scenario, hence the presence of some "improper" features or modules in some missions.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

3 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- Operation Search & Destroy (PG map) kicks off this Friday, 17.06.2022, around 1830 zulu. (MiG-29A's and F-14A's featured)
- Operation Arab-Israeli-War (Syria map) kicks off this Saturday, 18.06.2022, around 1800 zulu. (A-4 mod featured)
- Operation Clash of Eras (Syria map) kicks off this Sunday, 19.05.2022, around 1800 zulu. (Ka-50's and AH-64's featured)

* Search & Destroy change log:
- Replaced all SA342M's with AH-64's, limited to 8 x Hellfires.
- Added SA342Mistrals.

* Arab-Israeli-War change log:
- Replaced T-55's and M60's with T-72's and Merkavas.
- The destruction of 75% of whatever assets at the TA's for Blue will be enough for the completion of the objectives.

* Clash of Eras change log:
- With modules from WWll and early CW being featured on both sides, comms has been an issue. Therefore, the SRS radio expansion is enabled. Players have access to all frequencies.

Note that these changes are not permanent and apply only for these missions on the aforementioned dates.
The lack of Gazelle players and generally Cold War suited Blue helicopters has been a thing for years. Waiting on the AH-1 might go on for God only knows how long. Therefore, the addition of the AH-64 here and there from time to time is hopefully tolerated. Just like having the AV-8B or the M-2000 back in the day when we had fewer modules than now. And you know how much I'd like to go as accurately as possible when designing missions, especially events, but instead, I end up dealing with the reality of things and accept lacking so much for a pure Cold War scenario, hence the presence of some "improper" features or modules in some missions.

Awesome! Thank you for all the work.
Where are the Avengers?

😉

It's a joke! ...sort of...

Edited by Miccara

Server News:

All missions have been upgraded:
- The lua script enabling mission time, objectives status, ace status, teamkill messages, etc. has been added to all missions.
- Drawings on the F10 map were added to all missions.
- Su-25's and especially A-10's were moved to road bases in some missions. Other missions might follow.

* Operation Swedish Delivery and operation Behind Enemy Lines are offline.
* Operation Fight Island is back online. The aforementioned upgrade is included.

Work on a Discord server (neither by me nor by rossmum) is being finalised. The Discord server will be official and is to be used for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server and DCS only, to avoid any inauspicious situations. It is kept simple with a few rooms for information, missions' briefings, technical data, etc. and of course one room for discussions. The latter can also be used for posting images, videos, etc.

EDIT:

The necessity for a Discord server has become rather inevitable. I find that rather unfortunate, because I do prefer the ED forums. Therefore, I will keep using this very thread while others tend to Discord.
I very much appreciate what a few of you have done and gone as far as making a Discord channel for the server, just to help out the community in yet another innovative way on their own accord. The official Discord server is not a blow against you, but I thought it's better to start clean. God bless you for your efforts and hope to see you on the new Discord server once ready.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The Discord server is online! Click here.

Note:
As mentioned in earlier posts, I will remain here and stick to the forums in case some of you prefer it here too. The Discord admin/s will constantly update the news and information channels on Discord accordingly.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Capturing airbases/FARP's/zones is from now on only possible according to the following logic:

- Only if you outnumber the enemy by a certain percentage.
- Depends on the type of the ground unit/s you and the enemy have in a zone.
- Unarmed vehicles, such as ammo trucks, fuel trucks, JTAC, etc. don't capture anything.

If a zone is empty then obviously any armed vehicle or infantry can capture it. However, once the enemy enters that zone with a certain type of ground units and/or numbers the lua script kicks in and checks out the variables. Suppose you have a tank in a zone and it's yours. Should the enemy enter the same zone with at least 3 tanks/IFV's/APC's/artillery or 10 infantries or 4 anti-air units and no less it becomes his. Obviously, the best way of holding a zone is having a good number of tanks if available/possible.

You just need to know the above, but certainly not memorise the ratios below:

Tank Ratios:
Tank / Tank =1/3
Tank / IFV =1/3   
Tank / APC =1/3  
Tank / Inf. =1/10  
Tank / Art. =1/3
Tank / Anti-Air =1/4

IFV Ratios:
IFV / Tank =1/3
IFV / APC =1/3   
IFV / Inf. =1/10  
IFV / Art. =1/3
IFV / Anti-Air =1/4

APC Ratios:
APC / APC =1/3   
APC / Inf. =1/10  
APC / Art. =1/3
APC / Anti-Air =1/4

Artillery Ratios:
Art. / Art. =1/3   
Art. / Inf. =1/10  
Art. / Inf. =1/4

Infantry Ratios:
Inf. / Inf. =1/5    
Inf. / Anti-Air=1/4

• Like 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Further explained:

Idea of this is that hidding single unit somewhere will get you to lose that zone, if enemy uses overwhelming force. This will force single sneaky unit to come out of hidding.

Example:

1 Blue tank holds zone - its BLUE zone.

3 Red tanks/APC/IFV come in - Its RED now.

Blue now needs to kill all RED or the same way use overwhelming force to take zone. So to take zone without a fight Blue needs 9 tanks now.

IMPORTANT: Trick is when you take zone with overwhelming force, you WONT KNOW if zone is 100% clear or not. There can be a sneaky single or more units there.

P.S. Taking two or more transport helos and do a  air assault with troops(>=10 soldiers) can take a airfield/zone defended by single unit. 

Edited by Apok
  • Like 4

Server News:

Operation Open Range:
- The 4 indestructible chemical tanks at the factory were replaced by 4 destructible fuel depots. (Test result: Dropped a single Mk-82 on one and destroyed it instantly)

Operation Prince of Persia is currently being upgraded:
- Red and Blue helicopters will be moved closer to the TA's.
- For that, new FARP's will be established and highlighted on the F10 map.
- Drawings will be added on the F10 map.
- Capturing airbases will be subject to the new logic of capturing zones. Check here.
- According to the poll on Discord, most of you are in favour of keeping the Ka-50 in the mission while adding the AH-64 to Blue.

Mi-24's with R-60M's vs SA342Mistrals:
- Adding the two to all missions will not be the case as voted by you on Discord.
- Note that Mistrals are currently available in Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed and Search & Destroy only. Mi-24's have acces to R-60M's in those missions.
- Note that the two missions are not part of the daily missions. They mostly go online on the weekend from time to time.
- Note that Mistrals are the only helicopters seen on the F10 map for the human GCI operator.
- This is simply due to the fact that they're obviously an anti-aircraft helicopter ONLY.
- Mi-24's were mostly carrying 8 x ATGM's on last Friday's Search & Destroy event. Hiding them on the map was not the wrong choice.

Solution for the R-60M issue and not hiding Mi-24's on the F10 map:
- There will be 2 x Mi-24 slots in the aforementioned missions for Mi-24's with access to air-to-air missiles ONLY. Access to ground weapons is denied.
- The two Mi-24's will therefore be seen on the F10 map.
- Other Mi-24's will have access to air-to-ground weapons ONLY and will be hidden on the F10 map.
- This gives you the choice of flying either an air-to-air only Mi-24 or an air-to-ground only Mi-24.
- I know that air-to-ground Atakas can be used by the op Petrovich to track aerial targets, but that's been the case since day one anyway. The R-60M's are the actual issue here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What constitutes a zone, how is it designated; how do I recognise it?

Also, I have been dropping off tanks with my helicopter, but they have not been moving away to engage the enemy, they just stay as I left them and fail to engage.  Am I missing something?

Is there a guide on how best helicopter operations my be performed to meet server mechanics? 

I am still trying to understand the server mechanics, especially from a helicopter perspective, and would appreciate any information in this regard.  I have been flying CTLD helicopters with a friend on the sever in the afternoons (UK time) when not many folks have been about and we have been struggling to understand what is required. 

Thank you.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

11 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

What constitutes a zone, how is it designated; how do I recognise it?

Also, I have been dropping off tanks with my helicopter, but they have not been moving away to engage the enemy, they just stay as I left them and fail to engage.  Am I missing something?

Is there a guide on how best helicopter operations my be performed to meet server mechanics? 

I am still trying to understand the server mechanics, especially from a helicopter perspective, and would appreciate any information in this regard.  I have been flying CTLD helicopters with a friend on the sever in the afternoons (UK time) when not many folks have been about and we have been struggling to understand what is required. 

Thank you.

Happy landings,

Talisman

The zones are mostly white circles/polygons on the F10 map. If it's an airbase and there is maybe no circle, then it's always 2 km radius which is the default in DCS.

The ground units you deploy don't move until a GCI player gives them a waypoint. Hardly any GCI operators during the day. Most players start showing up around 1600 zulu. We had 40+ players last Friday, 15+ last Saturday and 25+ last Sunday during the three different events we had running. Population depends on the map and of course the mission itself. I believe Miccara was looking for you a few times? He's another avid helicopters player 😉

Reading the briefing and studying the images of a mission can surely help you understand things better.

If you have any other questions, please, do ask.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

The zones are mostly white circles/polygons on the F10 map. If it's an airbase and there is maybe no circle, then it's always 2 km radius which is the default in DCS.

The ground units you deploy don't move until a GCI player gives them a waypoint. Hardly any GCI operators during the day. Most players start showing up around 1600 zulu. We had 40+ players last Friday, 15+ last Saturday and 25+ last Sunday during the three different events we had running. Population depends on the map and of course the mission itself. I believe Miccara was looking for you a few times? He's another avid helicopters player 😉

Reading the briefing and studying the images of a mission can surely help you understand things better.

If you have any other questions, please, do ask.

Cheers!

Many thanks to you Alpenwolf.

I felt sure that I had seen the tanks driving off to engage in the past, but perhaps that was another server.

My friend has the 'combined arms' thing, so he is going to research how he might become a GCI operator when needed and we can work together.

I have not managed to find the time to fly at the more popular times lately, but I am very pleased indeed that you are getting good numbers overall.  I am hoping to find more time to take part on the server soon at the more popular times so that I can start learning even more.

Thanks again.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Server News:

The server is being updated right now. I'll need 20 minutes or so after that to upload the missions. You know how it is.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Prince of Persia kicks off this Saturday, 25.06.2022, around 1800 zulu.

Change log:
- Each coalition has one FARP instead of two.
- The FARP's were moved closer to the TA's.
- After the poll results on Discord with ca. 70% in favour of adding the AH-64 while keeping the Ka-50, that now is done.
- AH-64's are limited to 8 x Hellfires on the inner pylons.
- Gazelles were removed.
- Added some drawings on the F10 map.
- Added BTR-82A's and LAV-25's to the CTLD menu for Mi-8's and UH-1's to deploy.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation: Phone Booth

Situation:

*** The mission lasts for 5 hours, unless the objective is completed ***

Red Bases: Mozdok (main airbase)
                    Beslan (secondary - can be attacked)
                    FARP Yunga
Blue Bases: Mineralnye Vody (main airbase)
                     Nalchik (secondary - can be attacked)
                     FARP Dallas

Beslan Airbase is captured by Blue and thus under the control of Blue Ground Units; Soft targets only. No IR SAM's, no SAM batteries.
Nalchik Airbase is captured by Red and thus under the control of Red Ground Units; Soft targets only. No IR SAM's, no SAM batteries.

Each coalition seeks to destroy the enemy's ground units at these airbases to liberate them from the enemy's ground units. Once that's accomplished, the airbase becomes instantly friendly (deploying troops or crates is unnecessary for that matter) and additional slots become available for more pilots to take part in the battle.

Once the airbase (be it Nalchik for Red or Beslan for Blue) is liberated, an additional objective is announced, so pay attention to any messages popping up on your screen.
Liberating the airbase is the first objevtice. After that a total of two objectives is added, but one at a time.

Red Objectives:

MiG's and L-39's:

Provide CAP across the region, especially between Mozdok and Nalchik to intercept possible enemy strikers and helicopters on their way to free Nalchik from our siege units.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strikers/Helicopters:

Destroy enemy ground units surrounding Beslan so we can operate from the airbase again. A message will appear on the screen to confirm the elimination of the enemy at Beslan.

Additional task:
The enemy has a comm array at LP79 north of the river. Destroy it to blind their GCI.

Note:
The enemy is only using light APC's and infantries at Beslan. Mi-8 pilots can go for some strafing runs and show some skill if they choose to!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mi-8's:

You can deploy crates including AA's to help fortify garrisons or reinforcing attacking units.

Mi-8's -> Picking up crates:
Bring up your radio menu, select F10 for CTLD and then whatever type of crates you want to pick up.

*** You can only pick up one crate at a time ***

For picking up a crate, maintain hover over it for 5 seconds while keeping an altitude of at least 7.5 meters and a maximum altitude of 15 meters.

To unpack a crate, make sure you're at least 3 km away from the FARP.
Combined Arms:

In this mission the focus on the Combined Arms module is secondary. Most ground units are AI controlled on purpose. However, ground units deployed by Mi-8's can be driven through the JTAC slots.
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI: 124 MHz - Channel 0 for MiG-21's and L-39's. Channel 2 for MiG-19's. Mi-24's R-863 - Channel 0
EWR-MiG-15 (Callsign: 15): 4.95 MHz (tuned in by default)

ATC: 126 MHz - Channel 5 for MiG-21's and MiG-19's. Channel 1 for L-39's.

FARP Yunga: 127.5 MHz - Mi-24's R-863 - Channel 18

Blue Objectives:

F-5's, F1's, F-86's and C-101's:

Provide CAP across the region, especially between Mineralnye Vody and Beslan to intercept possible enemy strikers and helicopters on their way to free Beslan from our siege units.
Strikers/Helicopters:

Destroy enemy ground units surrounding Nalchik so we can operate from the airbase again. A message will appear on the screen to confirm the elimination of the enemy at Nalchik.

Additional task:
The enemy has a comm array at MP46 by a small lake. Destroy it to blind their GCI.

Note:
The enemy is only using light APC's and infantries at Nalchik. UH-1 and SA342L pilots can go for some strafing runs and show some skill if they choose to!
UH-1's:

You can deploy crates including AA's to help fortify garrisons or reinforcing attacking units.

UH-1's -> Picking up crates:
Bring up your radio menu, select F10 for CTLD and then whatever type of crates you want to pick up.

*** You can only pick up one crate at a time ***

For picking up a crate, maintain hover over it for 5 seconds, while keeping an altitude of at least 25 feet and a maximum altitude of 50 feet.

To unpack a crate, make sure you're at least 2 miles away from the FARP.
Combined Arms:

In this mission the focus on the Combined Arms module is secondary. Most ground units are AI controlled on purpose. However, ground units deployed by Mi-8's can be driven through the JTAC slots.
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI (Callsign: Axeman): 251 MHz
AN/ARC Channel 1 for F-5's and F-86's
TRAP Channel 1 for F1's
Special 1 for AJS37's
V/TVU Channel 1 for C-101's

ATC: 256 MHz
AN/ARC Channel 4 for F-5's and F-86's
TRAP Channel 2 for F1's
Special 2 for AJS37's
V/TVU Channel 2 for C-101's

FARP Paris: 252 MHz

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Bandar 1949 kicks off today around 1800 zulu.

* The mission features the early stages of the Cold War: MiG-15 vs F-86.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

According to the last two polls on Discord, the new mission will take place in Syria, and feature the MiG-15 vs F-86 matchup only. Thanks for voting!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- Operation Clash of Eras kicks off this Friday, 01.07.2022, around 1830 zulu.
- Operation Prince of Persia kicks off this Saturday, 02.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation: Fulcrums & Tomcats

Situation:

* The mission runs for 3 hours *

Red Airbase: Beslan
Blue Airbase: Tbilisi-Lochini and FARP Warsaw

Blue Forces seek to cross the border, strike a communication site and deploy a team of special engineers at the site, to hack into the enemy's network.
A-10A's carry out the strike mission while being escorted by F-14A's. UH-1's remain grounded (blocked) until the strike mission is completed.
Meanwhile, Red Su-25A's are tasked with striking the enemy FARP to cripple any insertion attempts, should Blue manage to successfully strike the communication site.

By the end of the mission, a message appears to detail the success or failure of each coalition.

Important Note:
Coordinate your strikes with escorting fighters and get on SRS for a better teamwork!

Red Objectives:

MiG-29's:

- Waypoint-1 is the friendly communication site.
- Waypoint-2, bullseye, is the enemy FARP.
- Provide CAP between waypoint-1 and -2.
- Escort Su-25's on their strike mission.
Su-25's:

- Waypoint-1 is your ingress point, which is ca. 50 km northeast of the TA, bullseye.
- Waypoint-2 is the TA, bullseye, enemy FARP.
- Destroy the 2 road outposts and 75% of the structures.
- Watch out for AAA's. No SAM's in the area.
Frequencies:

AWACS: 124 MHz

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Blue Objectives:

F-14's:

- Waypoint-1 is the friendly FARP. Be aware of enemy Su-25's.
- Provide CAP across the border around the bullseye, waypoint-2.
A-10's:

- Waypoint-1 is the start of your path into the vally over our FARP.
- Waypoint-2 is northeast of our FARP, completing the valley path between -1 and -2.
- Waypoint-3 is the ingress point, 12 miles southeast of the TA, bullseye.
- Waypoint-4 is the TA, bullseye, enemy communication site.
- Watch out for AAA's. A single MANPAD might be there too.
UH-1's:

- Disabled at mission's start.
- Once the strike mission at the communication site is successful, deploy an engineers squad ASAP.
- Be aware of AAA's at the site.
Frequencies:

AWACS: Overlord 1-1: 251 MHz
AN/ARC-182 Channel 1 for F-14's

FARP Warsaw: 252.5 MHz

aircraft.png

briefing image.jpg

red comm.jpg

blue FARP.jpg

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation: Cyprus 1952

Situation:

* The mission runs until one side has scored 50 aerial kills *

- The mission features the MiG-15 vs F-86 scenario (guns only!).
- Red operates from three airbases in the middle region of Cyprus.
- Blue operates from two airbases in the southwestern and western region of Cyprus.
- 20 slots available per side.
- The mission is pure dogfighting.
- The objective is simple: Score 50 aerial kills to win the day!
- Feel free to attack the enemy at his airbases.
- Note that airbases are protected by a good number of AAA's and flak. No SAM's of any kind.

Red/Blue Objective:

- Kill 'em all!
- Always try to RTB to save your aircraft.
- Fly in groups if possible rather than alone.

EWR-Red: 4.95 MHz (tuned in by default)

EWR-Blue: 251 MHz (tuned in by default)

briefing image.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Reminder:

- Operation Clash of Eras kicks off this Friday, 01.07.2022, around 1830 zulu.
- Operation Prince of Persia kicks off this Saturday, 02.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

* Operation Search & Destroy (PG) kicks off Friday, 08.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.
* Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats (Caucasus) kicks off Saturday, 09.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.
* Operation Cyprus 1952 (Syria) kicks off Sunday, 10.07.2022, around 1800 zulu.

* Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats:
- The mission is designed in a way that both the MiG-29A and the F-14A can carry out both CAP and strike tasks.
- S-24 rockets or FAB bombs for the MiG-29A and ZUNI rockets or Mk bombs/GBU's for the F-14A are more than enough to finish the job in maybe one or two sorties.
- The addition of the Su-25A and the A-10A is a mere extra. If you think it's not suitable for the task then stick with the fighter jets. An extra can only help, but surely not hinder if left out.
- Depends on how the mission plays out, changes might be made while taken into consideration the players' feedback that has already been shared on Discord.
- The plan is then to make the mission part of the daily missions if things go well. With that, it would be the first mission without featuring the MiG-21 and the F-5.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi,

I am looking to get into DCS Cold War and I found out that the "Cold War 1947 - 1991" server is a very good one and I would be very interested to check it out!

However, I could not find the server by searching its name on the Multiplayer list and when I tried to connect to it using the IP address the server was offline (yes, I do have the Open Beta version and tried connecting at various different times in the day at different days but the server was always offline). It is worth noting that when I tried to connect to the "Enigma's Dynamic Cold War" and the "Growing Sidewinder" servers I had the same problems. Nevertheless, when I tried the IP address of a random server that popped up in my Multiplayer list, I was able to connect to it just fine.

Does anyone know it just happened that the server was offline for the last couple of days or if I am making a mistake somewhere? (Maybe there is a new IP address)

Thanks for the help!