Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

It's absolutly not! The radar is meant for 2 things: Navigation and naval search. It is NOT intended to be used for ground targets, although that might work sometimes, depending on the the conditions and the target.
It's meant for naval search and terrain mapping, which is a feature used both for navigation and weapons employment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

It's meant for naval search and terrain mapping, which is a feature used both for navigation and weapons employment.

Exactly! Locating ground units is another thing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

An entirely feasible thing

Yes, under certain conditions. It's not what the radar is intended for though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

It is, though, partly

It's not. From the devs:

You have to remember that this is not a synthetic aperture radar, it's not able to or even designed to see buildings, etc. It's made for finding ships at sea primarily.

Tornado3 small.jpg

You guys are having fun? :smilewink:

Again, thanks for the input.

All missions have been updated and the wepoans' restrictions apply to all missions.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

No, but it can detect "objects" but can't identify them.

You don't seem to listen to what I'm saying. I never said they can't detect objects. Quite to the contrary I have confirmed they can (under certain conditions). What I was saying is, that the radar never was intended for that usage.

Tornado3 small.jpg

You guys are having fun? :smilewink:

Again, thanks for the input.

All missions have been updated and the wepoans' restrictions apply to all missions.

Hi, could you update the first post with the new rules? It's not convenient to search through 70+ pages here.

Thx!

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Hi, could you update the first post with the new rules? It's not convenient to search through 70+ pages here.

Thx!

Good suggestion! Thanks :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Regarding the earlier comments on the MiG21 hits, I have also scored hits with aim9p or 20mm cannons to see the foe continue flying with seemingly no damage :/ It feels like it has been this way a while, about a year ago I got two aim9m's and 25mm gau8 into a MiG21 and it was still going, but back then the lag and netcode was worse.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Amazing server, having a lot more fun since the rear aspect heatsinker changes. The MiG21 and F5e feel more evenly matched now.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

I can't hit the broad side of a barn now, no hits at all with the 21. Guess I have to adapt my tactics to those rear aspect only stuff. Great server though, thx.

We need radio presets for the L 39 like the Mig 21 has. Could not reach a single ATC.

@Alpenwolf you might want to include something like this in the mission briefing on the server together with the rules:

kVjjgIp.png

This might help to prevent a -1 on the scoreboard. Last night there was a MiG15 with -1. I wonder how that happend.

Sometimes the ATC seems to be on the same frequency the AWACS is, but maybe that's on me.

And thanks for the frequent updates! :thumbup:

Addtionally, setting very distinguish liveries for the oposing aircraft also helps with VID (maybe this is already the case?).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Addtionally, setting very distinguish liveries for the oposing aircraft also helps with VID (maybe this is already the case?).

It is the case more or less.

You don't really see that much of a difference when chasing a plane. You rather spot the shape of the aircraft than its colours, so I don't think it matters much.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Last night there was a MiG15 with -1. I wonder how that happend.

You get a -1 if you kill yourself, ie got a bit too close when dive bombing or rocket strafing.

Not an issue on this server but it also can happen when firing a catapult launched missile at too low altitude

I just wanted to hop in and say: Thanks Alpenwolf.

It was your server that gave me the first chance to really enjoy the F-5E in multiplayer PVP. I fell in love with the F-5's era of flight primarily because of the F-5 vs Mig-21 fights your server set up in the canyons between Sochi and Sukhumi.

I'll never forget flying down those canyons, parallel to the coast, looking down branching canyons- when I saw a little black dot against the horizon, flying south... and my adrenaline hit the roof! I turned left, flew out of that canyon like a bat out of hell, sidled up behind and below that poor Mig pilot, and let him have it! Then I ran like hell all the way back to Sukhumi, my hands shaking and laughing at myself for getting so worked up over a video game.

Alpenwolf, you, and one other server I sadly can't recall the name of, really got the PVP "Cold War" craze with the F-5 and Mig-21 going. Thanks for your work!

I just wanted to hop in and say: Thanks Alpenwolf.

It was your server that gave me the first chance to really enjoy the F-5E in multiplayer PVP. I fell in love with the F-5's era of flight primarily because of the F-5 vs Mig-21 fights your server set up in the canyons between Sochi and Sukhumi.

I'll never forget flying down those canyons, parallel to the coast, looking down branching canyons- when I saw a little black dot against the horizon, flying south... and my adrenaline hit the roof! I turned left, flew out of that canyon like a bat out of hell, sidled up behind and below that poor Mig pilot, and let him have it! Then I ran like hell all the way back to Sukhumi, my hands shaking and laughing at myself for getting so worked up over a video game.

Alpenwolf, you, and one other server I sadly can't recall the name of, really got the PVP "Cold War" craze with the F-5 and Mig-21 going. Thanks for your work!

I'm glad you like the server, my friend!

Happy hunting!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments