Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hey Alpenwolf, do you think the Hoggit dev team would listen to you if you requested them to integrate the A-4 into DCS as an AI? Just curious

I'm just another guy, my friend :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Server News:

- The mission When The Mountains Cry is now in winter. Snow and a bit windy.

- Instead of operation Chaos, operation Open Range has been added.

- In operation Open Range the weapons restrictions are down to rear-aspect only. (Only 12 x R-73's and 12 x AIM-9M's are allowed to give strikers the chance of defending themselves).

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

You can't load the viggen's rocket pods on the server for some reason. It claims there are 1000 available, and it works fine in other places, but for whatever reason, they don't load on here.

DCS problems get always more complicated... In all the missions or was it just one mission?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can't load the viggen's rocket pods on the server for some reason. It claims there are 1000 available, and it works fine in other places, but for whatever reason, they don't load on here.

Just ran into this offline, a mission with weapon restrictions. Viggen wont load the rockets, which arent restricted (not by amount either). In a mission with no restrictions, no problem. Dont know if a Viggen specific problem or general DCS?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just ran into this offline, a mission with weapon restrictions. Viggen wont load the rockets, which arent restricted (not by amount either). In a mission with no restrictions, no problem. Dont know if a Viggen specific problem or general DCS?

I don't own the Viggen myself, so I can't tell. Most servers allow all weapons and have no weapons restrictions so it makes it even harder to determine whether it's a Viggen problem only or not.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just wanted to say "thanks" Alpenwolf for hosting my favorite server in DCS. It's a pleasure flying with you all.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

I don't own the Viggen myself, so I can't tell. Most servers allow all weapons and have no weapons restrictions so it makes it even harder to determine whether it's a Viggen problem only or not.

I had the same problem on a mission I was implementing.

The ARAK rockets, even though listed as available, would not be armed.

I had to reset the base equipment, save the mission and again redo the weapons restrictions settings.

It happens sometimes after an update (I think there was a fix recently for a bug related to Viggen rockets)

I had the same problem on a mission I was implementing.

The ARAK rockets, even though listed as available, would not be armed.

I had to reset the base equipment, save the mission and again redo the weapons restrictions settings.

It happens sometimes after an update (I think there was a fix recently for a bug related to Viggen rockets)

Thanks for the feedback! Was looking into it in the mission editor and was a bit helpless. Now we know :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just wanted to say "thanks" Alpenwolf for hosting my favorite server in DCS. It's a pleasure flying with you all.

Glad to hear, buddy.

See you airborne!

EDIT:

... testing the comment section.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I'd like to announce and thank the donator for his 25 Euros in August.2019.

Every penny helps keeping the server alive.

Remember that I run the server alone and it costs me ca. 70 USD a month.

Very much appreciated, sir!

GjkVDzV.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...
Is the mig up to snuff yet?

Last I tried it SAU was wack and pointed it down when activated and a bunch of other problems.

It is supposed to pitch down when first activating recovery, manual says to be aware of a certain amount of height loss

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Good balance of red v blue and quite a few on the server last night, very enjoyable. I didn't realise the Mig-21bis had a bit of an update of late, maybe that's why so busy. I'm in a phase of going back over older modules I used to fly a few years back, amazing how much can be forgotten but fun getting back into it all. Shows the need for recency when operating any flying machine.