Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Just a suggestion, is it possible to have all the mission brief on the first page of this tread or on a new one.

It will make it more easy to find and read the brief before the mission. I know it is also in game but for those in 4K resolution it is too small to read.

Thanks

It's a lot of work, buddy. Busy doing other stuff in DCS and in real life too. I can't promise you anything, but I'll see what I can do.

Just to know as sales are coming to an end: Is there any special requirement regarding the modules to fly on this server?

Like maps, ground assets and so on?

I have seen available airplanes - here I have some overlap.

I use the Caucasus and Persian gulf theatres. Once you're online, check out the available modules and see what you have and what you don't.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It's a lot of work, buddy. Busy doing other stuff in DCS and in real life too. I can't promise you anything, but I'll see what I can do.

Oh yeah no worries, it's more for the news map that you are creating, if you are writing the mission anyways on this thread just edit your first post :smilewink:

I'll try to build some PDF of the missions

Edited by Decibel dB

What did it say exactly?

The hint is in the message.

Crates need to be within 300m of each other and outside of a crate pick up zone. (orange smoke on Sukhumi mission)

Tried it again today and the exact message is You can't unpack that here Take it to where it's needed Now I am sure that it was not on the drop zone and that they are within 300m of each others, I am not sure how many I need

Thanks for helping me and happy Covid month :D :thumbup:

Tried it again today and the exact message is You can't unpack that here Take it to where it's needed Now I am sure that it was not on the drop zone and that they are within 300m of each others, I am not sure how many I need

Thanks for helping me and happy Covid month :D :thumbup:

I was on TS today and saw you on the server.

That only means you were too close from the pick up zone marked by the orange zone.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I'll try to build some PDF of the missions

..and share it here when ready please :smilewink:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Blue got pretty upsetti about the 29s today. I think it's kind of lost on them that without R-27s or 73s, their only real advantages are the radar and excellent acceleration - coming at them one at a time isn't going to work well. To their credit, some of the F-5s really put in a solid effort and did score some kills. It might be confirmation bias, but R-60s off the 29s seem a lot worse than the ones off 21s, both in tracking ability and damage dealt... maybe glancing hits due to higher launch speeds? I have no idea. At one point Mithril tanked three of them before finally losing his engines, he put up a really solid fight.

Gonna go ahead and recommend to blue that if you guys don't want to fight 29s on the Sukhumi mission, you need to send more than one Viggen at a time to try hit the boats. All it takes is an effective GCI and one or two 21s on dedicated interceptor duty and it's a foregone conclusion that one or both are going to get to Sochi safely, as they have each time I've been on for the mission. I don't know how much coordination's been happening on blue but it's clearly not as much as has been happening on red.

The mission' briefings have been added to the second post of this thread, where you can check out all the missions and have an idea of what's going on.

More briefings to come...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3515115&postcount=2

@ Decibel dB:

No need for the .pdf file unless you want to nonetheless.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Blue got pretty upsetti about the 29s today. I think it's kind of lost on them that without R-27s or 73s, their only real advantages are the radar and excellent acceleration - coming at them one at a time isn't going to work well. To their credit, some of the F-5s really put in a solid effort and did score some kills. It might be confirmation bias, but R-60s off the 29s seem a lot worse than the ones off 21s, both in tracking ability and damage dealt... maybe glancing hits due to higher launch speeds? I have no idea. At one point Mithril tanked three of them before finally losing his engines, he put up a really solid fight.

Gonna go ahead and recommend to blue that if you guys don't want to fight 29s on the Sukhumi mission, you need to send more than one Viggen at a time to try hit the boats. All it takes is an effective GCI and one or two 21s on dedicated interceptor duty and it's a foregone conclusion that one or both are going to get to Sochi safely, as they have each time I've been on for the mission. I don't know how much coordination's been happening on blue but it's clearly not as much as has been happening on red.

There's no coordination on blue. SRS is rarely used and (consequently?) human GCI is rare as well.

Bottom line is that the newer missions reward your team for playing the objectives and punish you if you don't, and that's a GOOD thing; blue simply needs to adapt to it. Red has put in a real solid showing lately in both numbers and coordination.

Any blue players that want to help fix this, let me know...

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Alpenwolf, something is not working right with Two Towns on the Red side. There's no Red artillery and only two or three tanks assaulting Agara. It's been like this a couple of times I've played since the mission changed from snowy conditions, but other times it's worked fine.

There's no coordination on blue. SRS is rarely used and (consequently?) human GCI is rare as well.

Bottom line is that the newer missions reward your team for playing the objectives and punish you if you don't, and that's a GOOD thing; blue simply needs to adapt to it. Red has put in a real solid showing lately in both numbers and coordination.

Any blue players that want to help fix this, let me know...

Trust me, mate. Ain't much better on the Red side. Was flying the Mi-8 and the Su-25 yesterday and despite we had the numbers and 3 GCI operators, only me and 1 or 2 GCI operators were on comms. I had zero cover and was constantly shot down as other Mi-8's too. And all that despite the fact of outnumbering the enemy 2:1.

The GCI operators were typing all the time and giving bearings to our MiG's. I appreciate every GCI operator on the server and salute them all for their dedication. However, I would urge them to only provide information via SRS. Or even TS if some are having any SRS issues. Typing like that wouldn't help players get on comms.

I want to say this again, because it's vital to me it's not misunderstood; GCI operators are the spine of every skirmish on any server. I'm not scolding them for typing, but only giving advice of refraining from doing so.

In my opinion, DCS is becoming more and more like a game rather than a simulator. This wave of newcomers which brought Discord onboard among other changes is taking over and makes it difficult to adapt. Not that I want to adapt to a change of a radical nature like that. I call it radical because it's anything but simulating aviation. If comms is not part of it then what is?! Not saying if had we comms then it's 100% realistic and we need no more. It will never reach that level because it's still a computed simulator at the end of the day. But with comms you go to a different level of simulation that I had the pleasure of experiencing in DCS years ago.

I mean, what can I say. Years ago DCS felt to me more like a simulator than it is now. Most players were dedicated to using TS and SRS. Incredible coordination and teamwork.

You felt it! You actually felt it!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpenwolf, something is not working right with Two Towns on the Red side. There's no Red artillery and only two or three tanks assaulting Agara. It's been like this a couple of times I've played since the mission changed from snowy conditions, but other times it's worked fine.

I'll check it out...

EDIT:

Found nothing out of the order. The mission is currently online and I can see all artillery units and units fighting between the two towns.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I've been having SRS problems on and off for months now, and I know a few of the guys who usually GCI for me have had issues too. Some days it works fine, some days I can only hear people and can't transmit, some days I can do neither. I usually encourage anyone doing GCI for me to split between it and whatever I'm using but it seems half the time there's either nobody on there, or nobody on the right frequency.

Usually on Battle for Sukhumi I ask them to prioritise anything that looks like it's heading for the ships, I don't know how many people were on SRS yesterday as I was yet again having problems with it and didn't want to risk hot-miking feedback over it, but that might've been why there wasn't a lot of cover at first. A few times now we've had blue kettled up in their own base so badly that they could barely get off the ground just because we had a few MiGs under GCI and they had no answer.

I gotta admit, I didn't realise there was an SRS for the server. I did look but only recently noted the SRS IP. Will give it a try next time I am online.

I do find it a tricky situation when a server support multiple voice chat technologies rather than just saying "this is the one", having to check see which is most populated.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Currently my SRS has decided to blast literal noise jamming across the net, less than a week after I finally got it working again :(

Check your audio inputs and outputs and make sure you haven't got mic playback checked in SRS, Windows sound manager, your audio driver UI. Maybe check them for a mic boost as well.

Server News:

- Operation Open range is out of the server's rotation.

- Operation Swedish Delivery takes its place.

- check out the second post of this thread for the briefing in case you want to get familiarised with the mission before it goes online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A week ago I posted this:

Difficult times these days, I know.

Some months ago I generated a call for donations to help me with the server funds and you guys answered the call without hesitation.

Any penny you can spare would really be helpful.

PayPal donations to the following email address:

Hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Bless you all!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

server down? not visible on the list nor ip conection posible.

Agree

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView