Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Two Towns was great as always!

All the artillery on the Red side was taken down but no messages appeared.

Likewise all the Red troops were taken out by the Two Towns and mission kept going.

I dropped some infantry in the middle of Agara from an Mi-8. I don't know but maybe those troops prevent the event trigger from activating. But I think it might just be the starting tanks around the towns that need to be destroyed.

Two Towns was great as always!

All the artillery on the Red side was taken down but no messages appeared.

Likewise all the Red troops were taken out by the Two Towns and mission kept going.

Two Towns is a short mission - 4 hours. The server doesn't rotate after completing the objectives in those small missions. The winner is declared as a winner via message and the mission goes on giving the other side the chance to at least finish his job to call it a draw.

Two Towns is a remake of Springfield basically. And that's only because the scripts in Springfield started causing problems at some point. Now Two Towns is behaving the same. It's like that area of the Caucasus is somehow badly scripted or something. Can't find any bugs so no idea why that happens. Which is why I had to take Two Towns out of the rotation a while ago. I hope I wont have to do it again.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

SRS does not seem to work on phone booth.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

The server and SRS are back up and running!

SRS stopped working for whatever reason so I had to restart the whole machine.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Tired out the Hilo side on the Prince of Persia mission.

My first attempt picking up the slinged crate went well until it hit the ground during flight. I landed back at the Farp and requested another one, but the crates were not activated and I didnt get any countdown or info what so ever except for that your crate is 12 o'clock. My buddy did the same thing and had a visual object in front of the pad that he could hover above.. but mine was not visible.

What is needed to take over an airbase on this mission.. just to bring a tank, or does the item have to be a sling cargo unit?

Is there any way that the Hilos can be on the same frequency as the fixed wing. It would make the Gci life so much easier and interaction between CAP and the Hilos. This would be awesome for the dynamics of the Sim.

I often wish when flying fixed wing that I could communicate on their 30.00 frequency.

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My first attempt picking up the slinged crate went well until it hit the ground during flight. I landed back at the Farp and requested another one, but the crates were not activated and I didnt get any countdown or info what so ever except for that your crate is 12 o'clock. My buddy did the same thing and had a visual object in front of the pad that he could hover above.. but mine was not visible.

What is needed to take over an airbase on this mission.. just to bring a tank, or does the item have to be a sling cargo unit?

Is there any way that the Hilos can be on the same frequency as the fixed wing. It would make the Gci life so much easier and interaction between CAP and the Hilos. This would be awesome for the dynamics of the Sim.

I often wish when flying fixed wing that I could communicate on their 30.00 frequency.

It's all in the briefing actually.

The crates you ask for from the radio menu are for capturing airbases/FARP's. If you didn't see the crate, then maybe because it's hidden exactly at the bottom of the helipad's edge. Happens. Just take off and you'll see it.

The sling loaded cargo is for activating the Fulcrums/Mirages. also in the briefing.

On comms you've got to deal with whatever radio systems you have in your aircraft. The MiG-15 for instance is always on it's own because it uses a very old radio system. So GCI will have to dial to 2 frequencies as I myself do it quite often when providing GCI tasking. Or get the players on TS like we do here on the Red side. We're often 4-7 players on TS and even more on SRS.

Not sure why Blue cares less about flying their helicopters. Red players often have to quickly select an Mi-8 slot before they're all taken. I mean, the Huey is quite popular and I always make sure the Blue airbases/FARP's are closer to bulls that the Red ones. Simply because the UH-1 is slower than the Mi-8, and still no Blue helicopter pilots as it is the case with Red.

Shame. Red just finished the job again in the mission Prince of Persia, although Blue had more pilots for most of the time. No resistance at all. We simply took one base after the other. Only 1 base was captured by Blue and even that one was captured easily.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

For the "real" sling loading that is used to activate the MiG-29, the Mi-8 user's manual is actually really well-written and helpful on how to do it. It's a bit disconcerting for a non-Russian-speaking person at first, but I can kinda figure out what my flight engineer is saying after a bit of practice. I usually just land next to the crate and hook it up while on the ground, though...

For the simulated sling loading, it helps me a lot if I inch right up to the edge of the helipad before requesting the crate. I also sometimes request more than one crate during the start-up process so that the next ones are ready for me when I get back.

For both real and simulated, it's a tremendous help to activate the heading/yaw autopilot. This keeps me pointed directly towards the crate (or away from it, if I pass over it) so I then just have to work the cyclic fore-and-aft and the collective up-and-down; the autopilot removes one of the variables.

Edited by Brown Floyd

last night on the server i had a total blast - even if i wasn't that successfull.

the red GCI was doing such a great job - i believe his name was Tiger !

kudos man - you vectored and coordinated the hell out of there, that was a pretty impressive show!

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

last night on the server i had a total blast - even if i wasn't that successfull.

the red GCI was doing such a great job - i believe his name was Tiger !

kudos man - you vectored and coordinated the hell out of there, that was a pretty impressive show!

The Red GCI was me :smilewink:

Tiger was the guy who drove the T-72 and took out all 4 Abrams tanks and AA at Al Minhad airbase before capturing it on his own! A very capable Combined Arms player.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that Pokri took out 2-3 enemy ground units with his Grom missiles as well.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The Red GCI was me :smilewink:

Tiger was the guy who drove the T-72 and took out all 4 Abrams tanks and AA at Al Minhad airbase before capturing it on his own! A very capable Combined Arms player.

Whoa buddy, finally heard your voice then!

As said, thanks for that - hell of a job you've done there!

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Whoa buddy, finally heard your voice then!

As said, thanks for that - hell of a job you've done there!

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

I believe that was the first time I ever saw you online. Glad you had fun!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It was bit odd that the Phone Booth mission was abruptly cancelled around 20.00 UTC time yesterday. The Blue had control over Nalchik and were protecting Beslan.

The mission was far from over, only 1 hour in, when the new Prince of Persia mission was started.

Many players felt the same way and discussed it on SRS.

Please if you can, let the mission run it’s time that has been announced.

Hilo pilots and fixed wing left DCS at that time because of the restart, which led to only me and my wingman flew hilo’s on Prince of Persia.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huh?

Doesn't the viggen need a special mission building treatment to make full use of it's AG potential? Don't you need a "working" mission disk to insert in the flight computer? Maybe I was just to employ some of the weapons. But I only tried it on random free flight servers so far - not on cold war. I enjoy Mig21 too much :D

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Doesn't the viggen need a special mission building treatment to make full use of it's AG potential? Don't you need a "working" mission disk to insert in the flight computer? Maybe I was just to employ some of the weapons. But I only tried it on random free flight servers so far - not on cold war. I enjoy Mig21 too much :D

Not really. You need a attack waypoint thats it for some of its weapons. But i rarely use 'em, i prefer shooting mavericks and sidewinders.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

No, you can make up flight plans on the fly inside the cockpit, using your onboard computer in the Viggen. What you need are information on the target, threats and such in order to be able to work out a good flight plan.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It was bit odd that the Phone Booth mission was abruptly cancelled around 20.00 UTC time yesterday. The Blue had control over Nalchik and were protecting Beslan.

The mission was far from over, only 1 hour in, when the new Prince of Persia mission was started.

Hilo pilots and fixed wing left DCS at that time because of the restart, which led to only me and my wingman flew hilo’s on Prince of Persia.

Rule nr 1, if you are the server admin you have the authority to do that. Alpenwolf is the one who designs all missions and he is the one who pays for the server (with some help of donators)

My favorite mission is five points unleashed. I like the "bigger" map, i mean you can focus on ground pounding, helicopter hunting or just dogfighting.

Rule nr 1, if you are the server admin you have the authority to do that. Alpenwolf is the one who designs all missions and he is the one who pays for the server (with some help of donators)

My favorite mission is five points unleashed. I like the "bigger" map, i mean you can focus on ground pounding, helicopter hunting or just dogfighting.

That's not exactly how it works, buddy. Just because I host the server and pay for the most part of it doesn't mean I'd ever allow myself to act like a dick and run missions any time I want randomly. Sometimes a mission is bugged so I have to change it immediately. And quite often the bug affects one side so the other side is left clueless of why the server just rotated.

On one occasion the server relaunched the same mission, although it just ended. So when I see such behaviour I rotate the server manually, while those who have just joined and just took off would be frustrated. Much more frustrated are the ones who just flew the mission and want something else for the change.

I tend to run new missions quite often in the first week or so for multiple reasons. Mainly, I need to test the mission and the best way to do it is when you guys start reporting some bad script behvaiour. Also players are mostly excited to try out the new mission as it's always been the cause, and so on.

I'll try and prevent this from happening again, because obviously many players were disappointed yesterday and I totally understand that. Apologies.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

That's not exactly how it works, buddy. Just because I host the server and pay for the most part of it doesn't mean I'd ever allow myself to act like a dick and run missions any time I want randomly. Sometimes a mission is bugged so I have to change it immediately. And quite often the bug affects one side so the other side is left clueless of why the server just rotated.

On one occasion the server relaunched the same mission, although it just ended. So when I see such behaviour I rotate the server manually, while those who have just joined and just took off would be frustrated. Much more frustrated are the ones who just flew the mission and want something else for the change.

I tend to run new missions quite often in the first week or so for multiple reasons. Mainly, I need to test the mission and the best way to do it is when you guys start reporting some bad script behvaiour. Also players are mostly excited to try out the new mission as it's always been the cause, and so on.

I'll try and prevent this from happening again, because obviously many players were disappointed yesterday and I totally understand that. Apologies.

Copy that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i was suprised too, but in the end i realy enjoyed the prince of persia competition. i gave it a chance and was not dissapointed, i hope to have the opportunity taking off for this mission again very soon. i got the impression that it was a more teamplay oriented one.

Edited by Absolut

No, you can make up flight plans on the fly inside the cockpit, using your onboard computer in the Viggen. What you need are information on the target, threats and such in order to be able to work out a good flight plan.

Thanks QuiGon and Skyracer. Gonna try it again and read the guides more carefully

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Part of the reason that the Mi-8 is more popular might be that it seems easier to do true slinging with - I've watched far more competent whirlybird wranglers than me have endless problems with swinging loads and crates falling off the rope in the Huey, while my first ever attempt to sling went off almost without a hitch (right up to the point I noticed the VRS too late and went into the ground). The crate barely swung at all and I was able to build quite a lot more speed than I'd been told was safe, no problems.