Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

You don't need two separate DCS installations, you can switch one installation of DCS between stable and open beta:

In the Windows Command window, go to the DCS world/bin directory. Something like D:\DCS world\bin for example.

There, type "DCS_updater.exe update @release" to switch to stable version, or "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta" to switch to open beta. That's it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

It's really simple, even I was able to do it :D

I'm aware of this. Still I'd rather stick with one version.

Even if an update is really terrible, I mean its only a matter of days until it's fixed. And most of the times the updates are not really so bad to the extent you wont be able to fly. So it is ok to stay on OB, I guess.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

- BMP-2 and Bradley have been added to most missions as crates for Mi-8's and UH-1's.

- The Scud_B has been removed from the crates list due to bad script behaviour caused by it.

- The weather has been changed in most missions.

- Advanced options for All AI ground units in all missions have been optimised.

- Enabling the building of forward bases for the Viggen is WIP.

Thanks mate. I hope you've got donation. Not much but at least something :).

The Viggen Road Base Multiplayer re-fueling works well, but the re-arming function seems to be bugged.

Has anyone heard news about a fix?

Trying to get this right before Alpenwolf wastes any time on it.

[DEVILS] NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alpenwolf, I have now got feedback from a few sources.

The Refueling function works, and does not need a M1025 HMMWV to function. So dropping a M978 HEMTT on it’s own does the job.

The Arming function has not been modified on the latest updates and will therefore not work. Hopefully ED’s will sort this issue out shortly.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alpenwolf, I have now got feedback from a few sources.

The Refueling function works, and does not need a M1025 HMMWV to function. So dropping a M978 HEMTT on it’s own does the job.

The Arming function has not been modified on the latest updates and will therefore not work. Hopefully ED’s will sort this issue out shortly.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Which is why I wrote "WIP". We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Is it possible to relocate already delivered unit?

It is for some units and in certain missions I think.

In Swedish delivery the jtac/commander can control tanks/aaa/sams, but you can't control individual units in deployed sams like SA 6 and HAWK.

At least you could before the latest update.

The Cmdr slot is what is needed to move units around without having to drive them. Including the KUB and Hawk systems. However, the Cmdr enables further options which some players unfortunately misuse like moving a whole garrison away from the airbase/FARP it's supposed to be defending. Power in the wrong hands results in a disaster! Not to fail to mention those who do it on purpose.

Some missions (depending on their scenarios) do have the Cmdr slots available.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Today's Open Beta update seems to be causing problems to the extent it becomes unplayable in multiplayer. Therefore the server will remain in the current stage for now. I need to run more tests on my own pc in multiplayer before evetually updating the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Today's Open Beta update seems to be causing problems to the extent it becomes unplayable in multiplayer. Therefore the server will remain in the current stage for now. I need to run more tests on my own pc in multiplayer before evetually updating the server.

nooooooo :(

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

could you host some kind of simplified/stripped emergency version of just one map tonight? :)

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Stable... :smilewink:

The current stable branch split off after SC dropped, which means it still includes the exact same FPS-tanking/frequently game-crashing bug I've been experiencing in sunrise/sunset conditions since 2.5.6 originally released, which got significantly worse in the release that followed SC. It also means that the netcode problems which have caused people to randomly rubber-band around the sky regardless of how good their internet connection is has migrated to stable, and that bug makes the game almost unplayable when it comes to close combat - it's not consistent and doesn't affect every player, but when it does rear its ugly head it is excruciating.

In the case of patches like this, sure OB is broken and rolling back might be the best course, but just permanently switching to stable isn't some cure-all - it just means whatever game-breaking bugs it includes take even longer to get fixed.

The current stable branch split off after SC dropped, which means it still includes the exact same FPS-tanking/frequently game-crashing bug I've been experiencing in sunrise/sunset conditions since 2.5.6 originally released, which got significantly worse in the release that followed SC. It also means that the netcode problems which have caused people to randomly rubber-band around the sky regardless of how good their internet connection is has migrated to stable, and that bug makes the game almost unplayable when it comes to close combat - it's not consistent and doesn't affect every player, but when it does rear its ugly head it is excruciating.

I've never experienced the bugs you mentioned. I've only experienced internal lights and HUDs not being visible anymore (and that's really bad, I think), and I've heard some bad things from the F-16 folks.

"Stable" surely isn't perfect, but it's better than the current two-weeks circle of patching/hotfixing and the community ranting about stuff.

Server News:

Any results of those tests ? Any influence of todays update on that ? No Cold War, no fun :helpsmilie:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The Cmdr slot is what is needed to move units around without having to drive them. Including the KUB and Hawk systems. However, the Cmdr enables further options which some players unfortunately misuse like moving a whole garrison away from the airbase/FARP it's supposed to be defending. Power in the wrong hands results in a disaster! Not to fail to mention those who do it on purpose.

Some missions (depending on their scenarios) do have the Cmdr slots available.

You should limit choosen side for the mission time. If you choose blue, than you have to stick with it all mission.

You should limit choosen side for the mission time. If you choose blue, than you have to stick with it all mission.

My .lua scripting capabilities are limited and I've got no time to learn that thoroughly, although I'd love to.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Prince of Persia is not working correctly now. When a side captures a base there's no global message and no friendly units spawn at the base; it is marked correctly as Red/Blue on the F10 map, however. Additionally, the Fujairah aircraft are not available even after capturing the base.

Prince of Persia is not working correctly now. When a side captures a base there's no global message and no friendly units spawn at the base; it is marked correctly as Red/Blue on the F10 map, however. Additionally, the Fujairah aircraft are not available even after capturing the base.

Somehow the latest update caused the problem.

FIXED!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

If only it wasn't for the ridiculous 'moonlight glint' that makes air and ground units easy to spot from 100+km away, I'd suggest some moonlit night mission :cry:

Night lighting is glorious now, and coupled with the MiG's cockpit, oh lawdy. Could do a half moon one or something as well where inability to clearly see the ground forces people a little higher up, that could be interesting - god knows some of them might actually need to learn to use their radars.

If only it wasn't for the ridiculous 'moonlight glint' that makes air and ground units easy to spot from 100+km away, I'd suggest some moonlit night mission :cry:

Night lighting is glorious now, and coupled with the MiG's cockpit, oh lawdy. Could do a half moon one or something as well where inability to clearly see the ground forces people a little higher up, that could be interesting - god knows some of them might actually need to learn to use their radars.

Catch Me If You Can was the first to have 2 hours of the mission's time at sunset and after. Immediately players started to leave the server and I remember at one time it dropped from 30+ players down to 10 or something. Various complaints were posted here so I had to change that. I mean, even now some players still leave the mission towards the end.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Catch Me If You Can was the first to have 2 hours of the mission's time at sunset and after. Immediately players started to leave the server and I remember at one time it dropped from 30+ players down to 10 or something. Various complaints were posted here so I had to change that. I mean, even now some players still leave the mission towards the end.

That tells a lot about the player base.