[REQUEST] F-18 special option "no throttle detend fingerlift necessary"

-Painter-

Problem:

1. to get into AB during a bolter

2. and currently during a launch

My throttle hardware already has a detend after MIL before the MAX range, which is more or less what it is like in the real jet as well when you apply enough power onto the throttle-grip to get over the detend-position; so I do not need another detend simulated which I have to override with the fingerlifts.

I really would appreciate an option to switch that fingerlift-detend to always on. That would be much more comfortable and usable for me, especially during a bolter - the moment when I need the jets max. available power to bring it safe in the air again. It is very uncomfortable to press some fingerlift-button in that situation to give me max-range throttle authority.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most HOTAS controls already have that AB detent (I have an X52 and a TH Warthog and both do), there is no need for a software emulation in these cases. I understand the point behind these AB lift keybindings and how they can be useful in some controllers, but there should be at least an option to deactivate them in the module properties as they are an artificial feature and a drawback in many cases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I agree. Those of you that have no problem with the current setup thats great and all...but it wouldn't hurt at all to have the OPTION (in the F-18 menu) to have the finger lifts permanently engaged.

I'm currently using the Warthog HOTAS with detents.

PS. We need a Thrustmaster F-18 throttle along with the upcoming stick. Especially if they want to fully implement the finger lifts that is. I hate using key commands for these high fidelity aircraft and especially for something like access to full throttle range on the carrier.

Edited by dadunn1700

I have my throttle pinkie button bound to forward is lights on/off toggle back is both fingerlifts toggle, just flick it forward to turn on formation lights then back to center then back to lift fingerlifts and back to center. i can then still turn lights on/off and fingerlifts are up all the time problem solved..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

+1

+1

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

@Sniper: Maybe you did not read the post: My hardware throttle has a detend already.

So does my warthog, and when airborne it works normal. On the deck, the finger lifts are needed, so we use them.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I have my throttle pinkie button bound to forward is lights on/off toggle back is both fingerlifts toggle, just flick it forward to turn on formation lights then back to center then back to lift fingerlifts and back to center. i can then still turn lights on/off and fingerlifts are up all the time problem solved..

Yup +1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Listening to real world F/A-18C pilots, the finger lifts are for idle/cut off, and nothing to do with the afterburner push through, so I would suggest this is in fact a bug right now.

This is what I heard as well. So there is some conflicting information out there. What is true now?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regardless of what real planes has ito AB detents (they all have those), most consumer throttles don't, so we need a different way of getting to AB that doesn't involve pressing more buttons. Just having 0-80% on the throttle do 0 - Mil and 80-100% does AB should work for everyone.

Listening to real world F/A-18C pilots, the finger lifts are for idle/cut off, and nothing to do with the afterburner push through, so I would suggest this is in fact a bug right now.

All you need to do is read the real world flight manual. It is not a bug, it mirrors the real operation.

All you need to do is read the real world flight manual. It is not a bug, it mirrors the real operation.

While true, there is small but important difference. In real life you can force the throttles past the gate without lifting the finger lifts, it just requires a significant force of just over 30 lbs. This is not currently represented.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but for me this issue does not exist. For me there is no software detent to get the throttle into AB and there never was. I just need to push my cougar throttle past its AB detent to engage the AB. All what was needed for that was a slight curve adjustment to fine-tune.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk