F-18 questions

Maulkin

Sadly I have only just started to learn where most of you are already well into it but I am hoping some of you might be able to help a n00b :)

1) I am watching this video (at this point) and I see Wags perform an FCS bit test:

But I am not able to hold down that FCS reset button and at the same time pull up on that switch....how does one do that?

2) I tried to set my course (CSEL) as Wags did at timestamp 14.24 but there does not appear to be a numeration in the HSI's lower right corner....I can set the HSEL however

3) Was watching this video here:

and saw there appears to be additional position lights that I cannot turn on...am I missing a switch?

4) When I run the "Fire and Bleed Air test" switch, if I turn off the switch after it says "Engine fire left" and then press the switch again the words come out "Engine right fire" instead of "Engine fire right". But if I press and hold the switch it comes out as "Engine fire right". Is this normal?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Sadly I have only just started to learn where most of you are already well into it but I am hoping some of you might be able to help a n00b :)

1) I am watching this video (at this point) and I see Wags perform an FCS bit test:

But I am not able to hold down that FCS reset button and at the same time pull up on that switch....how does one do that?

Hold "Y" or bind "Y" of you have a thrust module.

#3 there is a Strobe switch hidden behind the throttle. visible when in full mil.

#4 you need to wait 10 seconds between running them if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by Dronin87

Thanks Dronin!

#3 I found that switch for the strobe light but that is not the lights I am referring to. If you watch closely in that video you will see additional position lights on the top and bottom surfaces of the wings.

#4 yes I am aware of that. Alternatively you can reset the battery power. I just found it odd that the order of the words changed since the audio is generated by a tape....which would have made that impossible.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

You're supposed to hold the Fire Test Switch until it's done with its whole cycle. It does funky things if you don't.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

You're supposed to hold the Fire Test Switch until it's done with its whole cycle. It does funky things if you don't.

No, not really...

S!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds