Ambient/Environmental Sounds on the Carrier

Firedawg

these are amazing ideas. I've been thinking the same thing, AI LSO, telling you to call the ball then u hit the comms and call the ball, the ambient noise on the deck. If they're going to add people to the deck they gotta be hi res good quality models with realistic movement. that part might a little trickier, would suck to look at this amazing hornet and then a 7 pixel aircraft carrier crew running around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

these are amazing ideas. I've been thinking the same thing, AI LSO, telling you to call the ball then u hit the comms and call the ball, the ambient noise on the deck. If they're going to add people to the deck they gotta be hi res good quality models with realistic movement. that part might a little trickier, would suck to look at this amazing hornet and then a 7 pixel aircraft carrier crew running around.

Heatblur has a really nice hi-res crew member they're planning to release with their carrier & tomcat. Hopefully, everyone follows suit.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 4 months later...

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 1 month later...

Please yes! The deck sounds like sitting on a beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Sound, done correctly, can add great immersion to your DCS flying experience.

All sounds you want can be played/mixed with a good mp3 player software program.

I run music on one, ATC on another, mix discord with another, and of course both simple radio channels.

That is 5 channels in addition to the mix of sound you get through DCS itself.

I used to use external sounds on external speakers and ATC/discord/simple radios on headphones & mic.

These days I just use Surround sound headphones to mix all