DELETE PLEASE MODS

It’s a bug when the carrier speed is over 19 knots. The carrier’s speed in this mission is set at 30 knots, which simulates closely the wind over the deck you’d see in real life carrier ops.

The solution seems to be reducing carrier speed to 19 knots and under and adding wind. The side effect of this is that you’ll introduce a rolling deck.

Thank you!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jar,

This appears to work, the trigger zones might need minor tweaks. As I had started off with a slightly modded file for my use, the 200 Modex has been changed to VF-103, but other than that it should be all good.

Let me know what you think.

Tony[/QUote]

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Great job TonyG, please PM me your paypal or I can gift you a module of your choice with your Username and email.

Thank you very much sir, saved me a stack of time!

Yes if you grab the Stennis you can drag the fleet. Only need to re-positions the surrounding ships if you change the heading.

I put some clear plastic on the monitor and mark where the ships are to make a template then turn it to the new heading and match the units up. The Trigger zones are all attached to the ships so it doesn’t matter where you leave those.

Copy the folders BAZAR, COREMODS, MODS and SCRIPTS. Paste them into your DCS World OpenBeta folder. Allow them to overwrite the files.

Can this be installed using OVGME?

Thank you for sharing this with the community. I know a LOT of time and effort went into this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Congrats on some great work.

Have watched you guys with your modded Hornet for quite a while.

It might be me having a dim moment - can somebody explain exactly how this works?

I have it installed , I can get the different UH1 viewpoints from the LSO.

Is this for multiplayer only or can I use it by myself - if so how?

Do I fly a case 1 then play it back ? I cannot seem to get the LSO to talk to me.

Can I watch my landings using the LSO view?

Any help would be great.

From just down the road from JAR.

Scott

Hi Scotty am close to finishing a comprehensive LSO training film that should hopefully cover all the info needed to use the mod and mission.

To LSO your own traps you’d need to either:

- record tracks then watch them back from LSO.

- have a second PC host the mission, set it to PLAT cam and Fraps/shadowplay record. This is how the VFA-113 PLAT movies are recorded.

- for practice you could assign a joystick button to LSO view so you can snap to the platform and back. You probably need to pause to check yourself but I use this while flying to take a quick peek at other guys approaching as well in MP.

Video soon :)

Thanks mate - I will wait for the video.

I have the second PC available but I suppose I would need 2 x DCS Huey’s to make it work? One on each install.

Also - do you have a sim pit? If so what did you go for/where did you get it I am on the GC.

Scott

The Carrier in the provided mission is set to 30 knots speed. According to online available information that is 5 knots to fast for recovery and 8 knots to fast for launch. Any thoughts on that? Or, why? Is there a good reason for the speed?

Hi Hijack, great question!

In game fleet speed seems to be restricted to max 27 knots and to be honest it’s just been set to 30 for years just to make sure we get maximum wind over the deck.

Corrrect me if I’m wrong but the number you see on a real PLAT CAM crosshair below the CLEAR/FOUL icon is WOD (wind over the deck) in knots.

For most real US Navy PLAT CAM videos I’ve seen this number ranges from 26-31.

If you can show me something that says maximum WOD for recovery is 25 knots I’d be very interested.

Not concerned about launch speed as we need the correct WOD for traps.

We don’t use wind in the mission as it causes pitching deck and reduces the fairness of the grading boxes. It also throws the less confident guys out during the final turn.

Yes you are right. Looked up the information again and they set the speed the airboss decides.

According to John Chesire a former Fighter Pilot: "If there is no natural wind, the carrier will speed up to 25- 30 knots through the water to make all its own wind over the deck."

EDIT: But don't try that in DCS in Winter conditions. You will be crab food.

wouldn't happen to have a Field Carrier light system on hand would you I have just about had it with Carrier practice just no good at it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I hope it is OK I used your modified PLAT CAM and the Carrier OPS mission to set up my live server? You are all welcome to test it :)

Server: Jack’s live PLAT CAM server

IP and port: 46.9.202.59:10308

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBuAKz3Jhs

Twitch:

Youtube is best if you like to watch your landing after as you can select play time.

PS! My PLAT CAM is WIP and may need some work.

Hi Jack, the box overlay you are using there is the VFA-113 PLAT crosshair.

The real US Navy PLAT CAM doesn’t have the black and red boxes.

I made the boxes a specific size based on input from a current Hornet pilot that sometimes flies with us so that the deviations are calibrated to what might realistically require a correction and affect a grading.

Therefore the yellow RAMP ALIGN arrow and zooming back is important for those reasons.

I can send you the 4K version that has larger grading boxes which would be more suitable to the view you have there.

Hi Jack, the box overlay you are using there is the VFA-113 PLAT crosshair.

The real US Navy PLAT CAM doesn’t have the black and red boxes.

I made the boxes a specific size based on input from a current Hornet pilot that sometimes flies with us so that the deviations are calibrated to what might realistically require a correction and affect a grading.

Therefore the yellow RAMP ALIGN arrow and zooming back is important for those reasons.

I can send you the 4K version that has larger grading boxes which would be more suitable to the view you have there.

I made my own as I don't have the Huey on my server admin user. Runs only as foreground in OBS.