DELETE PLEASE MODS

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys apologies for the delay but the new VFA-113 LSO PLAT CAM and LSO mission are updated to V1.7 and the link in the first post is now current again.

Here's the direct link also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgx1vkfpv1k39wu/PLATv1.7.zip?dl=0

Importantly I am keeping the PLAT cam mod updated so that the Stennis isn't hampered so always check back for the latest version after every DCS update.

Theres a few changes to the mission to make port holding easier and some voice changes based on feedback from a real LSO we are working with.

This mod also includes our deck repaint as this gets over written with updates also.

The 300 series jets might have messed up liveries as we have our own skin pack and they may default to blue angels for everyone.

Cheers!

thank you, awesome stuff!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

How to activate Alternate LSO Views?

Jar,

Thanks for keeping this updated. The mission has really helped my carrier landings go from constant disasters to occasional disaster.

I am trying to understand how to activate the various LSO viewing positions. Comments in the first post indicate there are alternate LSO view folders that you install:

"View is set to VR PLAT CAM view by default but you can change this by editing the John C Stennis lua or installing the various COREMODS folders contained in the "Alternate LSO Views' folder."

I've been through PLATCAM 1.7.ZIP file and can't seem to locate the alternate LSO view folders. Can you give a little more detail on where they are and how to activate them?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Hi my apologies I haven’t kept this part of it going. If you go into the coremods folder and find the Stennis lua the views are all around line 60. You can edit with notepad ++ and enable the different views one at a time.

Am currently testing a new version that works with OGME for fast changing the views.

platbann.jpg

PLAT mod links updated with latest version. Tested in multiplayer and all view working perfectly.

Designed to drop all the different view folders into OVGME and select your views from there.

Overlays for VR or monitor will be set by default so no need to change pages in the manual anymore.

Link is first post is also updated. This mod will be updated within a day of DCS updates to ensure everyones Stennis Lua is current.

:thumbup: Thx Jar !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

platbann.jpg

PLAT mod links updated with latest version. Tested in multiplayer and all view working perfectly.

Designed to drop all the different view folders into OVGME and select your views from there.

Overlays for VR or monitor will be set by default so no need to change pages in the manual anymore.

Link is first post is also updated. This mod will be updated within a day of DCS updates to ensure everyones Stennis Lua is current.

Not work for me.

When i press ALT+F9 in the Huey, only see black and white stripes, and in the manual of Huey not appear nothing of the CV. And with the F18, i not recieve any comm from CV.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Plat cam overlay

Is there a way to use the overlay crosshair in missions out side the vfa 113 LSO miz?

Thanks

And thank to 113 for this mod an up-keep, and for allowing us to use it.

Thank you

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Paddles Contact

Just Curious Jar, is the Paddles contact sound gone now? I confess I didn't look through every forum post in this thread. Is there a way to get that sound back? All I get is the "abeam Hornet hook down gear down". I looked through the mission in the editor and didn't see any sound files other than 3/4, roger ball, and obviously the abeam call. No "In close" like Ive seen on your YouTube trap videos. Great stuff and man, you really do not realize how close in you have to turn until you trap with this mission. All the thanks in the world!

Hi guys thanks.

Mod is working fine for us, make sure you’ve downloaded the current version.

You don’t need to be in the VFA-113 miz to use the overlays, it’s in the Huey manual though. Please view our LSO training film.

We are updating the LSO mission as some new aircrew that have joined the Stingers are real US Navy LSOs and we are evolving the VFA-113 LSO mission with their input.

The new “abeam” call is closer to what is said in real life. Removing the “in close” call was also one of their requests.

The groove length is 100% accurate as verified by numerous real LSOs and US Navy F/A-18 Pilots.

The “3/4 mile” call is for theatrical reasons only and IRL only applies to case 3. Case 1 groove times target 15-18 seconds, not a distance.

The PLAT CAM mod will always contain the latest version of the VFA-113 LSO mission.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am searching for any Multiplayer servers that practice CASE 1 Landings and stumbled upon this thread during my search. I may be in the wrong place to ask, but do you guys know a good server I can goto that use an LSO for practice? I watched quite a few YouTube videos of it occurring but they didnt list what server they were using? thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Single Player

Jar is this setup so that I can practice the Case I and then replay it while sitting as LSO to see how I did? Or is this just for multiplayer?

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index