T-pedals not working

Ok 1st yes I'm a n00b and yes maybe I'm missing something very stupidly simple but I for the life of me can't get mt T-pedals to work in DCS it shows them in the category but I can't get them linked to the rudder controls. they work fine and can be calibrated in TARGET but can't get them mapped to the rudder controls in DCS.

I have removed the "Z" & "X" mapping and cleared the mappings. I know it's me because if they weren't working for others it be here in the forums but it's not so can some please give me a step by step to get my pedals working?

Thanks in advance.

If you've mapped you other controllers, then you'll notice that each device will have it's own column in the controls list.

You will need to select the aircraft you wish to use your pedals and will need to map for each aircraft you wish to use these pedals as rudders.

By default it will have axis assigned to the pedals hence it may control your pitch and roll inadvertently, hence you need to clear the category for your T-Pedals and assign the rudder manually. If it gives you a reverse effect (which may happen, go to Axis Tune and tick Inverse Axis).

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Just adding my 5 cents, pay attention to map in AXIS ASSIGN mode, by default in keybindings menu you are mapping buttons not axis, search for AXIS ASSING button on the bottom ang go from there.

Steam Index, i7 8700K, 32Gb, GTX 1070Ti, NVMe.

Hotas Warthog, Virpil, RX Vipers

Axis name for T-pedal

Ok when I try to map the axis for the T-Pedals under assign axis in the T-Pedals column the only options it gives me is

JOY_X

JOY_Y

JOY_Z

No others and I have to assume that it would be JOY_Z since the stick has no Z axis but that doesn't work either.

I have run the TM Pedals calibration utility and TARGET (which Shows the T-Pedals) before I start DCS. So the question is what is the name of the axis I should be seeing? Am I really this obtuse?

Not enough Toe Brake pressure!

I have tried to search here as to not throw in another idiot question, I have a warthog with MFG Crosswinds. With my Crosswinds I can take any other module here and it will stop even if I come in reasonably hard and fast. But with our FA18 here I seem to have tow brakes but hardly any pressure to stop! I looked in the Pre manual and all I can see is a mentioning of a sensor warning light that will indicate something about speed brake pressure. Is there a switch I need to activate in the cockpit to wind up with enough break pressure for a runway, cause I keep going and going until I hit dirt!

I'm thinking it's me not being familiar with this FA18 and maybe I'm not doing something or maybe it's not quite ironed out in pre release form? I saw one person with his system with different gear than mine and he had no rudder action or brakes until the last update according to him.

Anyone know anything about these toe brakes for this Hornet?:helpsmilie:

Thanx

Marc

The other gotcher is DCS sometimes assigns controls to multiple devices, you need to go through and remove unwanted bindings.

For example I sometimes end up with multiple assignments of Saitech, Logitech and Leo Bodnar controllers all assigned to multiple bindings especially after a big update or I add a new module.

I find it best to select Axis commands delete all the axis bindings and re assign them manually!

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Brakes!?

Yeah... I'll keep looking. Perhaps it is something from the update. But I've never had that happen before. I have some brake but not enough pressure to stop the bird! I always go in and manually remove those weird assignments on a new module, I know what you mean. I'll keep trying to figure it out. I haven't really seen or heard to many people out here having a brake pressure issue on a need to stop on the grinder really.

Probably on my end somewhere. :music_whistling: