Intensional Spin

atsmith6

Does anyone know how to intentionally induce a sustained flat spin in the Hornet? I know you are not supposed to do this but it’s an awesome sim and I would love to know and practice both getting into one and the recovery. Also I would be even happier if some knows how to also get into an inverted spin :)

Many thanks in advance

A

As with any aircraft, you need to stall the aircraft, then hold "PRO" Spin controls, -hard rudder and bank into rudder direction.-

nt3dJW0dIjY

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

The Hornet didn't readily spin for me, but this was a quick dabble without disabling any FBW tricks that might've been fighting me.

This was going to a steady climb to a sensible altitude, pull the power to idle, attempt to maintain pitch/climb until onset of buffet, to stick hard-back and then full deflection of rudder with out-spin aileron, which resulted in a steady, slow spiral of mushing in at a high rate of descent, no dramatic flicks etc.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

High Alpha, Decaying Airspeed and a boot-full of Rudder...

i've noticed that overriding the FCS with the paddle switch and applying full rudder and stick on one side and full burner on the other one side helps...

I cannot do it without that.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5