Autothrottle tune

blast

Haven't seen anything, I think you just fly the desired speed and the HUD speed will be the target speed, if you want to change this I just move the throttle (flashing ATC in HUD) reach desired new speed and engage "T" again (ATC in HUD steady)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Is it planned to add a feature to tune ATC when it is activated?

By the way, the ATC is absolutely not precise during the approach. For example, when I stabilize speed at 145 kts and I switch ON the ATC, it's start to reduce the speed making the plane to stall at 120kts. There is something not ok with it.

Is it planned to add a feature to tune ATC when it is activated?

By the way, the ATC is absolutely not precise during the approach. For example, when I stabilize speed at 145 kts and I switch ON the ATC, it's start to reduce the speed making the plane to stall at 120kts. There is something not ok with it.

I believe it works currently like the real aircraft.

You shouldn't be using AT on approach. You need to pitch to get the AOA bracket correct and then control descent rate with throttle.

I believe it works currently like the real aircraft.

You shouldn't be using AT on approach. You need to pitch to get the AOA bracket correct and then control descent rate with throttle.

Who knows if this fine autothrottle tune exist in the real one. Someone should confirm it it from the real manual to be sure.

It would have been very usefull to use the ATC during approach such as the su33. It makes approach very accurate and very smooth. Whatever you think about using this feature or not during the approach, there is no reason for the autothrottle to not maintain the speed when switching it ON when flying 145 knts during approach.

Actually as soon as you start to converse into configuration it just totally idles up your throttle and switches itself off. Best troll ever. All I wanted is to get it stable before coming down to 8.1° stable. As soon as I see the E bracket, the speed gauge is totally expendable anyway as is that nice table with the weights and speeds on NATOPS.

Probably the best way ist still to go full AB and reduce throttle until it stops dropping speed rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Who knows if this fine autothrottle tune exist in the real one. Someone should confirm it it from the real manual to be sure.

It would have been very usefull to use the ATC during approach such as the su33. It makes approach very accurate and very smooth. Whatever you think about using this feature or not during the approach, there is no reason for the autothrottle to not maintain the speed when switching it ON when flying 145 knts during approach.

Approach mode ATC is not yet implemented.

From NATOPS:

2.1.2 Automatic Throttle Control (ATC). The automatic throttle control is a two mode system that

automatically maintains angle of attack (approach mode) or airspeed (cruise mode) by modulating

engine thrust in the range of flight idle through military. Automatic transition between the two modes

or single-engine engagement is not possible. When either mode is engaged, the ECS air to the torque

boosters is shut off, the throttles are initially backdriven, a stop is extended in the power lever control

(PLC) to limit throttle travel from flight idle to MIL, and an ATC advisory is displayed on the HUD.

If either mode does not engage when selected, or automatically disengages after engagement, the ATC

display flashes for 10 seconds and is then removed from the HUD. If a force of approximately 12

pounds (with friction off) is applied to either throttle the system automatically disengages. This force

is sufficient to permit the hand to follow throttle movement without causing disengagement. It is

recommended that the friction lever be in the full aft position and both throttles set between flight idle

and MIL before engaging ATC. If a mechanical failure occurs, a force of approximately 68 pounds (with

friction off) is required to override the system. When either mode is engaged, changing the FLAP

switch between AUTO and HALF or FULL automatically disengages the system. If the system is

disengaged for any reason, it remains disengaged until reengagement is initiated by the pilot.

2.1.2.1 ATC Approach Mode. The ATC approach mode is engaged by pressing and releasing the

ATC button on the left throttle with the FLAP switch in HALF or FULL and the trailing edge flaps

extended at least 27°. When ATC is engaged in the approach mode, the flight control computer

modulates engine thrust to maintain on-speed AOA. The computer uses inputs of AOA, normal load

factor, stabilator position, pitch rate, and angle of bank to generate command signals. These signals

drive the engine mounted throttle control units which in turn command the engine fuel controls. The

computer uses AOA as the primary input to generate command signals. However, normal load factor

provides increased stability, stabilator position provides increased or decreased thrust for pilot induced

pitch changes, pitch rate provides lead during pitch maneuvers, and bank angle provides additional

thrust during banking maneuvers. Normal disengagement is accomplished by pressing the ATC button

or applying and holding force to either throttle.