EECH2 Interview

Glad they are working on making a decent sim better. But surprised that the new version is really not much more than a graphical tweak of the original.

The latest news on Fighter Ops and EECH2 both make clear that LockOn will continue to be the standard to beat. One more reason why ED need not rush to get Black Shark on the market.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Basically it's a fairly minor graphics update & very minor bugfix piggy-backing off the work of the community. If some of those community guys are involved (I've no idea) then that's fine, but I confess to being mostly unimpressed by EECH2 as a paid-for project.

However there's something to be said for breathing life into a sim which still has plenty of strong points, and I'll still buy it even though the campaign engine needed more than minor tweaks to turn it from a good engine into a superb one.

Having said all that, the EECH dynamic campaign is still the best sim campaign ever for me (including F4's because it's on a smaller scale in which I could make a bigger difference to the outcome). I'm hoping ED have added significantly to BS's capabilities, but I think -- based upon past performance -- it's unlikely to offer anything like the offline gameplay EECH has been serving up for a long time.

Perhaps EECH2's graphical update will persuade more to take a serious look at EECH and realise what a gem it's always been, sitting in the sweet spot between hard core, OTT realism (eg the 25T's overheating laser!) and enhanced gameplay.

Andrew McP

Having said all that, the EECH dynamic campaign is still the best sim campaign ever for me (including F4's because it's on a smaller scale in which I could make a bigger difference to the outcome).

Yes, some local conflict scale is much more involving. Lock On would be perfect for this.

Perhaps EECH2's graphical update will persuade more to take a serious look at EECH and realise what a gem it's always been, sitting in the sweet spot between hard core, OTT realism (eg the 25T's overheating laser!) and enhanced gameplay.

I hope it draws enough attention to raise an eyebrow of some producer willing to invest in a much more comprehensive remake of EECH.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I hope it draws enough attention to raise an eyebrow of some producer willing to invest in a much more comprehensive remake of EECH.

I hope so too. However that will only happen if EECH2 sells well, so I'm hoping its fairly low release price will tempt a lot of people to re-visit this classic sim.

Andrew McP

This is going to be a cracking sim, I just installed the original with all its community mods and its quite stunning in places, it looks like it just hit the shelves, so I'm excited to see what this new version will look like once after the EECH community get their hands on it.

I just hope the new DX9 support isn't Gaffa taped onto the old engine and ends up running like a pig.

Got this in the email:

EUROPE ( April 2007 ) – G2 Games have today released new details about Enemy Engaged 2 - sequel to the best selling chopper classic - Enemy Engaged: RAH-66 Comanche Versus Ka-52 Hokum.

The publisher has today confirmed that the finished game will feature Voice Control elements that use a microphone attached to the PC. Enemy Engaged 2 players will be able to issue vocal commands to their AI wingmen during combat missions. The commands will include setting up defensive or offensive flight formations, attacking or defending targets, heading to waypoints and many more. Using voice control in the missions will add a whole new dimension to the experience of Enemy Engaged 2 and a level of interactivity second to none for a flight simulation.

G2 have also confirmed that Enemy Engaged 2 will also support TrackIR software technology and hardware. The ingame support aims to feature cockpit and gunnery control through player head motion when interacting with the TrackIR hardware. This is yet another feature of the game that will immerse pilots even further into the Enemy Engaged 2 experience!

Testing of Enemy Engaged 2 multiplayer servers for the game is now nearing completion. Players will be able to participate in up to 16 player online matches when the game goes live. Partners for server hosting have been arranged prior to the game launch to ensure that anyone who wishes to play the game online will have a smooth, lag-free and enjoyable experience.

And finally, the official Enemy Engaged 2 website, http://www.eech2.com has gone live. The site now features all the latest game news, media, screenshots and downloads. G2 will be updating the site on an ongoing basis in the run up until launch in May. Since the sneak preview site was launched in January – the site has had more than 450,000 unique visitors seeking to find out more about the game.

Game Details

The original Enemy Engaged: RAH-66 Comanche Versus Ka-52 Hokum was a game that received universal praise for its dynamic and ground breaking content that maintains a large player base even today.

Released in 2000, the original Enemy Engaged set the standard for 21st century flight sims with stunningly realistic visuals and attention to detail. Enemy Engaged 2 is set to take the series even further with new dynamic missions and a complete overhaul of the graphics and audio to bring the game up to date with the latest and best flight simulations available.

Features

· Modern helicopter combat simulation with realistic flight physics.

· Three exciting theatres of war with two opposing campaigns each.

· Dynamic real-time battlefields. No linear mission plot or predefined unit behaviour.

· Over 100,000 square kilometres of flying area over Lebanon, Taiwan and Korea.

· Diverse combat environments executed in lush 3D detail under a wide range of weather conditions.

· Over 1,200 very detailed and blue-print precise vehicles, chosen from among proven classics in actual use in armed forces around the globe.

· Use immersive voice control to command your gunner and wingman.

• Like 1