Hornet update?

Ragnar65

"Yes, there are other items to fix and add like IFF and carrier spawning, and those will be resolved as soon as we can."

Not sure how more clearer he could've put it.:doh:

I read that im just wondering what the heck it is

Joe

:helpsmilie:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that im just wondering what the heck it is
IFF is for your radar so you can identify friend or foe.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• ED Team
Referring to other Wags post about IFF is we're getting basic IFF for now. As what is basic IFF means we only can guess and see it later when it released.

STT - Box TD = friend, Diamond TD = bad guy.

Pretty much what you see in something like Jetstream and the Easty video.

Edited by Wags

Thanks for that. Who knew watching HUD tapes could be so engrossing.

Time to go and practice my hook maneuver. :D:joystick:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Referring to other Wags post about IFF is we're getting basic IFF for now. As what is basic IFF means we only can guess and see it later when it released.

So we are getting basic iff in the next update, like fc3 level?

Joe

Ah... yes of course. Thanks Wags

@RRino see Wags post above

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

So we are getting basic iff in the next update, like fc3 level?

Nope doesn't look like FC3 level - it seems like you'll have to lock them up in STT before it'll work out if they're friend or foe. I think there are two other 'types' of IFF display we can then expect later - firstly in LTWS (like an RWS+ mode) if you put the TDC over a raw brick it'll work out track data and tell you if it's friend/foe (so once we have that, we'll be able to work out friend from foe before locking someone, but you'll have to check them one at a time), and then secondly in TWS it'll automatically give you track and IFF data for the top 8 (I think, maybe 10) targets that the radar has prioritised. We'll basically have to wait till we have TWS before the 18 is on an even keel with the F-15/SU-27/Mirage in terms of being able to easily see who is friend or foe. As far as I can tell, there is no real-life equivalent in the 18 of the DCS F-15 being able to instantly tell friend from foe for all displayed targets while only in RWS.

Edited by backspace340

Nope doesn't look like FC3 level - it seems like you'll have to lock them up in STT before it'll work out if they're friend or foe. I think there are two other 'types' of IFF display we can then expect later - firstly in LTWS (like an RWS+ mode) if you put the TDC over a raw brick it'll work out track data and tell you if it's friend/foe (so once we have that, we'll be able to work out friend from foe before locking someone, but you'll have to check them one at a time), and then secondly in TWS it'll automatically give you track and IFF data for the top 8 (I think, maybe 10) targets that the radar has prioritised. We'll basically have to wait till we have TWS before the 18 is on an even keel with the F-15/SU-27/Mirage in terms of being able to easily see who is friend or foe. As far as I can tell, there is no real-life equivalent in the 18 of the DCS F-15 being able to instantly tell friend from foe for all displayed targets while only in RWS.

Ok thanks for clarifying, whatever we get its better than what we have now.

Joe

Nice videos.

I thought the Long radar locking times in Hornet we have in DCS are to simulate reality but they lock instantly on the video.

I know it's EA but is this in the works?

Just wondering

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Any word if the Hot Fix is actually coming out today? My guess is: Of course.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Any news of whether the view export will be fixed with the hot fix today? Really missing not having the displays showing on my TM mfds

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You to figure not towards year end IMHO. Which is fine. It lessons the learning curve, you eat the elephant one bite at a time.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

If it passed testing, it would be released today. But wasnt a certainty.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Did I understand Wags correctly? We will have a hotfix today?
He said it was planned for today, not promised. So if they didn't get through all their testing phase then probably Wednesday.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So, at what point today will we know if its been scrubbed till Wednesday?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

We won't unless they say so. I know it sucks to wait but being a software engineer, I know exactly what they go through. I go through the same thing every 3 weeks except my audience is business individuals who are waiting for new functionality or fixes.

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

There are several issues that we could not resolve for a Hot Fix today, and still be confident in not potentially breaking something else. So, we're planning our next update for Wednesday of next week (13 June). We are listening very carefully to your feedback and have many good items for the next update.

We are also pushing to move the Hornet to the "Stable" version such that those that have limited disk space can remove their OB if desired.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

There are several issues that we could not resolve for a Hot Fix today, and still be confident in not potentially breaking something else. So, we're planning our next update for Wednesday of next week (13 June). We are listening very carefully to your feedback and have many good items for the next update.

We are also pushing to move the Hornet to the "Stable" version such that those that have limited disk space can remove their OB if desired.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick update Wags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Thanks for letting us know. Any chance yall can squeeze the VR Rain drops fix in the next update? I'm sure it's not a high priority but Pleeeease. Us VR users feel like step-children sometimes. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I appreciate the quick feedback - I too know what it’s like to be a softdev I’ve been one for 35 years - mainly for Network Ops tools and utilities for Automation.