F/A-18c Hornet Freeze? read and post here

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all

We are looking for users who are experiencing freezes in the Early Access hornet.

We currently have an issue with fuel tanks that will create a freeze and this should be fixed soon, but we want to collect more data on other freezes.

Please post below if you have a long freeze in the hornet.

What we need:

1. dcs.log straight after the freeze

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

2. dxdiag

If you are running Windows 7 or higher, go to your TaskBar.

Click on, "Start Button".

Click on, "Run".

In the pop-up window enter DxDiag and hit ok.

The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

Click on, "Save all information".

3. track replay shortest possible, can be found in

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\LastMissionTrack.trk

4 Description of what was happening

Thanks!

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Carrier Crash

I started a MP session with my friend i am hosting flying F18's and every time my hook touches the deck my plane freezes.

I can retract hook etc but plane does not move. My friend is unaffected. he can arrest the hook etc with no issues. I asked him to land after my plane froze and he collided with me.

The pic below shows where the plane freezes. it appears as soon as the hook touches the deck the freeze happens.

To be clear my game does not crash. I can still go about server activates like spectate go choose another plane etc.

Regards

Mike

5DBmsq3.png

• ED Team

Hi!

I need you to help me, I have been looking for this freeze and any info on it!

Please read my first post here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211665

you will have a track replay in your MP folder

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks\Multiplayer

please post it in my thread, I will be eternally grateful :)

edit: merged the thread with mine.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks Mike,

I have it downloaded so if you want to delete it and make space you can.

thanks for sharing it, I will take a look

• ED Team

It has been very difficult to reproduce and get info on this particular freeze. Sadly the track did not help but thank you anyway.

If you see it again please share it here.

Had a freeze just yesterday. Don't know if it can be useful but here it is.

I was in the Hornet, Cold&Dark instant mission in Georgia, just went through the start and I remembered the new remove pylon option so I tried (already started aircraft) and took and look at F2 to watch the skin and awaiting payload to change. Then a look at F10 to check other units in flight out there, then back to my aircraft and there it happened, started to move heavily, managed to take a screenshot while everything tried to load but it couldn't make it and freezed like the screen. Waited a while just it case it could recover but didn't happen. Anyway it wasn't a hard freeze and I could kill the program and restart DCS without restarting windows.

Here's the log, couldn't make it to upload to forum, seems too heavy or something. DXdiag log is in the forum.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ikwh063cbt3o4ig/Logs.zip/file

No track but I think there's one inside the log.

attachment.php?attachmentid=187587&stc=1&d=1529057633

S!

DxDiag.txt

Screen_180614_193321.thumb.png.31c24f673b2d490f97a998c115e97f18.png

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team

Thanks

not sure if it is the freeze I am after.

Looking at the log I can see some AriesRadio errors

2018-06-14 17:52:35.819 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\Arantxa\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open './AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac'

2018-06-14 17:52:35.840 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onSimulationStart:[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:267: attempt to index local 'opt' (a function value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:267: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:237>

(tail call): ?

(tail call): ?.

and lots of metashader errors.

I would go with a cleanup and repair and make sure windows and all drivers are upto date.

Also check you have enough space on your C drive for your pagefile, it looked a little low on space.

hope that helps

• ED Team

Welcome tot he forum Hacksaw,

and thanks I will take a look now

Freeze and CTD

I've been getting more freezes since the latest update. I had a similar problem when the Harrier came out. The first flight of the sim for the day after just turning on my PC always freezes and then CTDs. I had about 6 freezes to CTDs yesterday. I have the latest drivers for the GPU from EVGA.

dcs.log-20180615-230101.zip

DxDiag -Azazel.txt

LastMissionTrack.trk

Edited by Azazel

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little more on Freezes and CTDs

Just uploading the latest crash. Again, it happened after loading up the sim for a flight after just turning on my PC. No track file included this time as the sim crashed right as I reached the cockpit. It doesn't always happen that way though, sometimes I get a few minutes of flight in before it freezes and then CTDs. I also get crashes occasionally after splashing a bandit: always appears to be meta shader ERRORs in the crash logs. Mission and crash log attached. I have run repair a few times now, let windows manage my paging file, and have all the latest drivers and updates for Windows and my GPU. Hope this helps. Thanks.

EDIT: In this post I had previously stated that these CTDs were strictly an F/A-18C module issue, but it appears that is not true. Looks to be more like a latest patch issue with ERRORs from the Metashader dominating my crash logs and happening while using other modules as well. Again this always happens after just turning on my PC for the first time, and then much less after.

dcs.log-20180616-073446.zip

F-18C Vs Su-33.miz

Edited by Azazel

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F / A-18c Hornet Freeze

I created a RAMP STARTUP mission on the DCS: Persian Gulf Map.

After taking off and navigating, the program goes straight to the desktop.

I was testing this problem, and saw that the function

(F11) has no land, only water. Thank you for your help.

Elias Felix.

LastMissionTrack.trk

DxDiag.txt

dcs.log-20180617-023440.zip

ENVIAR LOG.rar

• 4 weeks later...

DCS 2.5.2.19641 froze when attacking Shilkas with Zuni rockets in single mode.

No track since it's hard to save one when you have to shoot DCS.exe down with the mighty taskkill /f /im missile. I had some 3-5 sec freezes before that occured, but eventually the last one wouldn't recover.

DxDiag.zip

dcs1807182315.zip

Tacview-20180718-223112-DCS-Test-Gulf.txt.zip

Test-Gulf.miz

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Only in self made missions. (several missons actually are slightly edited copies of one basic self made mission)

I made the mission from the date F18 released and met no problem for month, untill some update which one I am not sure.

situation:

After mission start, F18 at the takoff position on CVN stennis.

I just push throttle and did nothing else, once F18 clear of the deck, it freeze.

Some times it freeze, in all the other times, it didn't freeze right after clear of deck, but once I press BAL HLD button on UFC, F18 will suddenly pitch up like crazy horse and I can not level it back, even I push full forward. And, at the same time, rudder are fixed to the one side (never to the other side) . It force F18 bank to the side, and won't response to stick input.

Unlike the pitching up. The crazy pitching up responds to stick input, but even the largest input can not push F18 back to level, the rudder situation is rudders are fixed, totally no response to stick input!

these two situations, Freeze and Crazy pitching up, happened everytime, A or B. From then on, no one try on the mission is normal.

And I found in mission editor page, the 1500ft wind is fixed ( can not be edited and keep the same direction to lower level wind direction) But maybe that is just another unrelative situation I met during my tries, maybe not relavent to the Freeze and Crazy pitching up.

the other two files you need. I try to upload them, several times, but after upload 100% it shows they are " invalid" , I don't know why

DxDiag.txt

Edited by bin801
about the two more files failed to upload

I dont know if this is the same kind of bug you guys are talking about.

But in VR it sometimes happen that the fps drop to 1-2 fps and then i can sit there idle just looking and waiting.. sometimes it recover after 30 sec, other times 5-10 minutes.

Sometimes i see the vr loading screen .

I dont know what the issue is, since the game run super good until after 1-2 houres it just get very slow for a few minutes... and after that it happen again and again example every 30 minutes.

hmmm it say that my files where attached, but i cant see them.

here is the files

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216991

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216990

Edited by delevero

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ED team,

I'm in desperate need of help. My Hornet freezing is getting unplayable bad recently. Could you please help me to diagnose what my issues are related to?

Today when flying a proper mission in the latest update for the first time I got really bad stutters/lag/freezing.

Description:

After selecting the Case I instant action and flying a few passes at the carrier (no issues there) - I loaded up a mission that I have been continually working on for the past while. It has a decent amount of units involved on the PG map.

- Mission starts on Carrier cold/dark with only occasional short stutters.

- As mission progresses, more pronounced stutter/pausing occurs especially when pressing F7 and asking AWACS for bogey dope.

- When attacking a target near Bandar Abbas the pausing gets noticeably longer (more is happening in the Sim at this stage - getting locked by SAM radars, AAA firing etc)

- Then after the initial attack run the pausing appears to recover somewhat.

- After dropping all bombs, proceeded over the industrial area near Bandar Abbas and the pausing becomes unplayable along with terrain textures becoming blurrier (refer to pic).

Required files attached. dcs.log file is in the .zip archive.

TIA

1HV3QAn.jpg

DxDiag.txt

LastMissionTrack.trk

dcs.zip

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Same here and its not only F18c after last update i have freezes in F18c and A10c

here is some files from last session(A10c). I dont have that issue before

dcs.rar

DxDiag.rar

crash session track.rar

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks

not sure if it is the freeze I am after.

Looking at the log I can see some AriesRadio errors

and lots of metashader errors.

I would go with a cleanup and repair and make sure windows and all drivers are upto date.

Also check you have enough space on your C drive for your pagefile, it looked a little low on space.

hope that helps

Hello, i am encountering this issue with Nevada theater only.