How do I comm with Tanker?

Biga42

Try to set the comm1 to channel 18 (251). That is the standard Frequenz on tankers and awacs in the editor.

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So is this a recent total change in menu system then?

/ was always used to bring up comms for everything, on the ground and in the air.

I use Vaicom pr, has that broke now?

Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Post in another thread suggests the radios don't work correctly if easy communications is selected in the options. The problem sounds exactly like the issues I've been experiencing - COMM 1 doesn't work at all, COMM 2 does - but I haven't had chance to test it with easy communications off yet.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

If you don't want to flip through presets to find the correct freq just turn to M, clear the freq, input a new freq, click enter. Seems easier unless you already know what presets are where.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

No need to switch to Easy Comms at all. Managed to get the tanker comms with the default frequency by just punching in CLR 251000 ENT after selecting M channel. And this always worked since the Hornet is in EA now.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

No need to switch to Easy Comms at all. Managed to get the tanker comms with the default frequency by just punching in CLR 251000 ENT after selecting M channel. And this always worked since the Hornet is in EA now.

It's bugged with easy comms ON.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I've also experienced some issues with contacting the tanker from the hornet.

Even when selecting the predefined frequency (251.000) for radio 1 the option for the tanker is greyed out. Using M on the second radio lets me contact the tanker.

I was flying with the Vive. When I contacted the tanker, using the mapped comm 2 button on my HOTAS, the rejoin request worked fine. However, when trying to send the "ready pre-contact" I seem to have the radio options, which are floating at the top right corner of the view, in my field of view.

Just to be clear. I do not need to click on them or anything, just need to see them while pressing F1.

Is this related to the easy comms?

Not sure if I have the easy comms activated though.

I tested the comms again yesterday.

Either I did something wrong earlier, or yesterdays patch fixed it. However, With M and entered frequency I'm now able to contact the tanker just fine.

I'll check it out tonight!

Well, I've been testing it for the last hour and I can only get it to work with Easy Comms ON. With Easy Comms OFF I've tried every permutation I can think of without luck. Only with the hornet, ALL others aircraft work as they should

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I just contacted the KC-130 and I'm on Easy Comms.

I don't think backslash (\) works.

Instead, use RAlt-\ or RCtrl-\

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

There is a new version of VAICOM PRO out. Before that, it would only work with easy comms on, but apparently now it should be good with either setting. I tried it briefly last night and it did seem to be working,

Yep, I’ve got the new version of Vaicom pro. Comms with tanker at least work as intended. Not tried ATC yet.