GA What do you think ;) new Arma Video

Sleek

whoa man! that was impressive. Really nice. If lomac was ANYTHING like that in the immersiveness with the vehicle damage like that...I would have never uninstalled it. Right now its soo unexciting to see a missile hit and just pop fire.....thats it.... Look at this video...even Arma has like nice damage model. I love how the vehicle kinda bobs up a little on missile hit....and did u see that A10...that was insane. Wicked video dude! :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

This does look good... Its way better then Ghost Recon.....

The Planes do look very impressive, but I guess these are just AI...

But still, I like the way the ground textures are displayed...

Although this is a Demo Vid, I wonder if the actual game will look and play as well ???

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

whoa man! that was impressive. Really nice. If lomac was ANYTHING like that in the immersiveness with the vehicle damage like that...I would have never uninstalled it.

Whole heartidly agree on everything, but it doesn't mean you need to uninstall it. I don't get it when people are not happy with a few things and just simply uninstall an entire game which already outputs so much immersion. That all is unless you're struggling with a few megabytes left of HD space. :smilewink:

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I was just looking at some of the additional videos and saw that the choppers are apparently flyable..

Usually in a sim of this nature the FM really isn't that convincing..

But I don't know this seems to be the best combat sim that I've ever seen..

I mean you can actually see blades of grass and flowers when the combat troops are crawling on their belly's...:lol:

Simply amazing...

I'm going to get this one for sure....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

A few choppers and that Harrier there are flyable. There's also loads of tanks and vehicles, and patrol boats and rafts. It's semi-realistic, it's a blend between realism and simplicity. Nothing like the complexity of LO, but still relatively realistic (more LO than BF2).

And yes, you should get it. It's an incredible game, takes FPS to a new level. And there's already a thriving modding community round it and it's only going to get better.

porkylomacscale1sl0.jpg

Whole heartidly agree on everything, but it doesn't mean you need to uninstall it. I don't get it when people are not happy with a few things and just simply uninstall an entire game which already outputs so much immersion. That all is unless you're struggling with a few megabytes left of HD space. :smilewink:

well...I haven;t played lomac for around an year now....just becos:

1) Even my lappy can't run it maxed ;) ... lol! I know.....lower the settings....but.....damn! its the third PC I have got since I got lomac and all have to compromise (just a nag :p )

2) I am at uni and my X-45 is at home ;) (main reason)

3) I guess I am just not at all immersed in the lomac world....it feels sooo sterile. I actually though comanche 4 was amazing for immersion....it felt soo nice...even though arcade. (second main reason)

So basically I am hoping ED can raise the immersiveness by making some nice modifications since they are taking their own sweet time with BS. :) .. especially with vehicle damage....as I am serious.....its so....meh, when u destroy vehicles....not like in that video we just saw......where that APC kinda bobbed in the air as it was destroyed.....NOW THAT is called satisfaction when u WORK that hard...with all those freaking realism of flight model to get to the target area...avoid sams and so on... :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Afaik everything is flyable, some of the things you see there isnt publically available as its upcoming in a new patch..

Armed Assault is primarily a infantery simulator, for everything else (tanks, choppers, planes, boats) its not so realistic. Decent. But if you are expecting realism for say the airplanes then you are clearly not looking at the right game.

It's just a bit of "all around" and Armed Assault is made by the same devs as Operation Flashpoint, expect heavy support from the modding community.

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

whoa man! that was impressive. Really nice. If lomac was ANYTHING like that in the immersiveness with the vehicle damage like that...I would have never uninstalled it. Right now its soo unexciting to see a missile hit and just pop fire.....thats it.... Look at this video...even Arma has like nice damage model. I love how the vehicle kinda bobs up a little on missile hit....and did u see that A10...that was insane. Wicked video dude! :D

I have had ArmA for a couple of months now and trust me when I say "a flightsim it aint" if you're bored with the lack of immersion in LO regarding vehicle damage then you better have a good book to hand when flying ArmA jets or you'll just fall asleep ;). There is no Avionics what so ever just a few simple gauges with an odd bar at the top of the screen which serves as your radar. You lock targets by simply pressing the "select next target" button for Air and ground targets then you just release the weapon and that's it. This just makes for an extreme arcade feel to the whole thing when flying jets and will only amuse the average flightsimer for a few minutes. Also if your PC cant run LO:FC with the settings you like then you can only expect worse from ArmA as it stresses your system out much, much more than LO:FC. And I wont even mention the FM's but I will mention that the visual models of the jets in ArmA don't even come close the aircraft in LO.. not even the A10 in that video and cockpits are like gaugeless virtual cockpits of FS2002.

This does look good... Its way better then Ghost Recon.....

The Planes do look very impressive, but I guess these are just AI...

But still, I like the way the ground textures are displayed...

Although this is a Demo Vid, I wonder if the actual game will look and play as well ???

~S~

Blaze

The game does look just like that whether its AI or people playing it looks the same but the map is way too small for jets which IMO makes that video pretty misleading becasue it wont play out like that at all when you're actually flying around.

Now in terms of an FPS then it blows GR, GRAW and RS out of the water for sure. Its also better than Americas Army although for adversarial maps AA has better missions than ArmA which only offers arcade style CTF or Hold missions. However COOP in ArmA in a good server is by far the best FPS experienced I have ever had by a very long way. Jumping on little birds or BH's or Mi17's then parachuting into the conflict, gunning from armored vehicles, calling in Cobras to rocket attack Areas right in front of you all in an effort to complete one part of a huge 1 to 3 hour battle that will see you choppered around the entire map, is where ArmA just cant be beat and if you were never into FPS's then I would seriously recommend you try ArmA. I would say its like the ground sim of Lockon where you're now looking up at jets instead of looking down from one.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.