Slow Acceleration issue? No.

GianS

Hi Fellow Pilots

I am not a DCS expert by a long shot, but I am struggling with the Hornet where the acceleration is really sluggish.

Compared to other fast jet modules I have this is just wrong.

I did reset my Axis settings and especially the throttle for the slider binding.\

I use a TM16000

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Edited by GianS

This is accurate. The Hornet has a slower spool up when it comes to the RPMs of the engine.

Don't take this as an insult or jab:

You need to learn to get ahead of your aircraft and plan for these limitations.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Thank you for the prompt response.

I found the issue. The settings were on Game mode, not Sim mode. Would I be correct in stating that Game mode is either not fully supported or perhaps out of scope of the early access?

Setting to Sim mode it flies so much better!

Thank you for the prompt response.

I found the issue. The settings were on Game mode, not Sim mode. Would I be correct in stating that Game mode is either not fully supported or perhaps out of scope of the early access?

Setting to Sim mode it flies so much better!

Yeah, stay out of game mode. If you are talking about acceleration issues it sounds like you will get way more out of the more realistic simulation. I have no idea if they have done anything in that area for this module.

FA18C Slow Acceleration

I'm not sure whether my settings are skewed, but my 18Charlie also seems really slow on take-off, I'm using Thrustmaster's Warthog throttle, set to idle etc, rpms etc look good, but my wingman always speeds past me on take-off and leaves me in his dust, just like Lewis Hamilton, even though he's carrying the exact same weight. Tried Wag's method of standing on the brakes with 80% power before departure but 48kts still stays solid for ages. Is this normal?

Many thanks

Ps Playing in sim mode

I was having slow take off issues that usually resulted in a stall a kilometre from the runway end and a crash. I noticed that if I ran the cold and dark training it took off fine, if I did my own cold and dark start up it would accelerate slow and crash.

After the last update, the problem suddenly stopped. I accelerates normally in all scenarios now.

Make sure you have the latest version of the Hornet and DCS.

Yep I do. It could be one of those early bugs which will be fixed over time. I've also noticed various strange issues in Instant Action which seem to change depending on the mission. It's still the best FM out there though and will only get better.

Cheers and thanks

Hi Fellow Pilots

I am not a DCS expert by a long shot, but I am struggling with the Hornet where the acceleration is really sluggish.

Compared to other fast jet modules I have this is just wrong.

I did reset my Axis settings and especially the throttle for the slider binding.\

I use a TM16000

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Double check that your toe brakes are not reversed. I think the controller overlay is R-CTRL and Return, but it may be R-shift and Return. Open that while in the cockpit and do a controls check, the toe brakes shouldn't be at the top when your feet are off the brakes. If they are reversed, open controls, and select the toe brakes axis, and select the invert.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Brake settings are fine, no taxi to runway problems at all and no movement when I power up to 80%+ when pedals are depressed. I can take off at a low altitude on a long runway, but kts are really slow and low. Hopefully there's a simple answer or fix. I'll keep investigating as I'm getting tired of my wingman giving me 'the bird' as he passes.

Thanks

Re read Panthers post, and use the overlay to bring up what the game thinks your throttle and brake inputs are.

You should be able to see when the game thinks your AB detent is, and you should be able to engage AB whilst in the air - you can check with the external view that the engines light up.

Thanks guys I'll give it another try when I get home tonight. I've checked the outside view of the aircraft on take-off and t/o trim etc all looks fine. Must be something else, but I'll let you know if I find the cause.

Cheers

• 11 months later...

I'm having the same problem. It only seems to be with the missions I start. If I join someone else's mission it's fine. If I start my own it's like trying to take off through the mud. It makes training on my own missions impossible as I can't get off the ground. I've tried a game repair with no success. It's only started happening in the last couple of weeks. Trim and brakes all seem fine. Speed break is off but feels like its on.

I'm having the same problem. It only seems to be with the missions I start. If I join someone else's mission it's fine. If I start my own it's like trying to take off through the mud. It makes training on my own missions impossible as I can't get off the ground. I've tried a game repair with no success. It's only started happening in the last couple of weeks. Trim and brakes all seem fine. Speed break is off but feels like its on.

I think I've experienced the same thing - but I think it's the brakes thinking they're on. I've noticed a few times that even though the slider I use for the brakes is in the 'off' position, the game is acting like they're on and I have to cycle it (i.e. slide forward to apply and then back to off again) before it notices and takes the brakes off.

Cheers I'll check that. I also did a Google search and found a post on reddit. It's possible that arcade mode is checked in settings and this could also be the problem. I'll check a little later on and feedback in case any one else having trouble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/9156nt/dcs_f18_not_building_up_speed/

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Additionally the odd thing is I set up a game for myself and a cousin and because I was hosting he had the same problem so not sure it will be breaks issue but I'll give it a try.

Thanks again

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

This is accurate. The Hornet has a slower spool up when it comes to the RPMs of the engine.

I've seen documents posted here while it still was allowed very early in the Hornet's EA that stated spool up times for the 404s from idle to mil of 3.75ish to 4 seconds. In DCS it takes even more than 8 seconds. Very accurate if you ask me rainbowdashwink.png

And it's been said the 404s spool up quicker than the 110s. Guess what? The DCS Tomcat engines react a lot better than the Hornet's... derpyconfused.png

But as long as I don't see any proof against the posted issue reports, I take it as "it's on our list, just be patient" fsgrin.png

I mean we still have blank "ADV- " messages and "AUTO PILOT" popping up after disabling A/P via the paddle switch and similar little things in there as well... I could imagine those could be fixed relatively quickly, but most probably all the small things are at the back of the priority list and will be done some time after most of the features have been implemented.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Slow Acceleration issue? No.

I mean we still have blank "ADV- " messages and "AUTO PILOT" popping up after disabling A/P via the paddle switch and similar little things in there as well..

I’ve found that if you’re patient after pulling the paddle it normally disengages as it should. Since I discovered this I’ve never got the autopilot caution. Only if you quickly pull then quickly maneuver it will squawk at you.

Not saying it’s fine the way it is. Just mentioning if you’re tired of the noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer