Identifying friend / enemy target

Hello friends, I looked for more I did not find it so I decided to consult my friends here.

I've already learned to operate the f-18 radar, but from what I see on the radar it's all "-" on the f-15 radar the "-" are enemies, and the "*" are allies right.

More and here on the F-18 radar screen?

How do I identify if I'm targeting an ally or an enemy?

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

A Yes I have read that the IFF will be active as soon as it is ready. The more I thought that the simulator was not so realistic, I thought that the game would already recognize who was allied or enemy and played on the radar ...

Thank you!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Actually I assumed it was the same as when flying F15. Calling into AWAC when I had a plane locked...clicking on "Declare" you will hear AWACS respond with friend or foe.

Not available on Hornet as of right now.

A Yes I have read that the IFF will be active as soon as it is ready. The more I thought that the simulator was not so realistic, I thought that the game would already recognize who was allied or enemy and played on the radar ...

Thank you!

For most aircraft there is a simple IFF in place. ED is working on IFF for the Hornet, we don't know what they have in store - i.e. either simple implementation or more realistic.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• 8 months later...

The SA feature is really helping. It basically puts your radar contacts in the hsi. If a contact has been identified as hostile by awacs it'll have a caret under it. You can interrogate contacts your own self now, without locking them up. Not as good as automatic interrogation -- that's coming -- but it's very handy. Still a little buggy but a great improvement. Wags put out a video, you kinda have to try it out and work with it but it's pretty slick

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder