2.5.2.18307@openbeta:MP: Server not in MP list(direct connect says server offline)

Drexx

Type: Server not showing up

Reported: not sure

Priority: High

Summary: Server not listing on DCS master server for everyone

Description: Server not listing on DCS master server for everyone, I get about 2-3 people a week that cannot see my server on the list and cannot direct connect to the ip address and port of the server despite being able to visit http://dynamicdcs.com completely fine (person who cant see and the server are both verified to be on the SAME ip address)

Guess: It is almost like when someone tried to direct connect, the DCS client contacts DCS first (for DRM purposes, and then the multiplayer server and if DCS cant see the server it sends a 'server is offline' to the client)

This happens while there are 40+ other people on the server, it is very odd, no matter what they do they cant connect, but they CAN connect to other DCS servers on the same default DCS port (10308 )

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I even have outputs showing a NAT connection to his server via port 80 for his website and port 10308 in my router, yet the server doesn't show up in the list, and I get a "server offline" when I try to connect by IP.

Also note I made an explicit allow thru my firewall with his IP and it is tracking packets coming in from his IP obviously since I can reach his site. Yet no matter what I do including making my firewall allow any traffic any direction and all this while windows firewall is disabled his server just won't show up. I can connect to other servers fine though.

Edited by Coolcat

I can confirm the issue with Drexs' server this afternoon.

I could connect by manually joining the IP, but the server browser did not list it.

You could connect manually? I just get a server offline message when i try that.

This whole problem is crazy considering it's online. Also considering i have logs and packet captures showing communication between my network and his yet the server doesn't show up or allow me to manually connect.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You could connect manually? I just get a server offline message when i try that.

This whole problem is crazy considering it's online. Also considering i have logs and packet captures showing communication between my network and his yet the server doesn't show up or allow me to manually connect.

Yes I connected manually with zero issues. Drex changed the port number today so that might be why you had issues.

Not seeing all servers

I have been experiencing not seeing servers since the initial 2.5 update.

I need to constantly refresh the server list to see a complete list of available servers.

Two servers I regularly use and never see first time are Drex's DDCS server and Through the Inferno (Australia).

There are many others that I don't see on first try either.

My first try could give me a list of 80 or 90 servers, then after constant refreshing and retries I might see around 130 servers. And even then I'm not sure if that's everything.

If I try to connect via IP, I get a server offline message. But I know via voice communication that there are a dozen people on the server and it is not offline. If it doesn't show in the list I can't even connect via IP.

This seems a to defeat the purpose of being able to connect via IP.

This has been an ongoing problem for a while now.

I have been experiencing not seeing servers since the initial 2.5 update.

I need to constantly refresh the server list to see a complete list of available servers.

Two servers I regularly use and never see first time are Drex's DDCS server and Through the Inferno (Australia).

There are many others that I don't see on first try either.

My first try could give me a list of 80 or 90 servers, then after constant refreshing and retries I might see around 130 servers. And even then I'm not sure if that's everything.

If I try to connect via IP, I get a server offline message. But I know via voice communication that there are a dozen people on the server and it is not offline. If it doesn't show in the list I can't even connect via IP.

This seems a to defeat the purpose of being able to connect via IP.

This has been an ongoing problem for a while now.

I agree. This has been an issue since 2.0 alpha and 2.5 beta for me. Some servers just don't show up port numbers doesn't matter. Drex changed the port and still i can't connect. But i can connect to other servers using 10308 and 10310 ports.

I just tried connecting, server is verified up by Drex and I used direct connect 45.27.58.61:10310 (and also without the port specifier), but game says "server offline." I'm relatively tech savvy and happy to try things to troubleshoot, but not savvy enough to know what next to do on my end. Already verified I can ping his server from my comp.

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

i do always never see Drex's DDCS server pop up when every other server does when first clicking into the multiplayer screen from the DCS main menu, im always forced to refresh once or twice before it shows up, when it doesnt show up direct connecting doesn't work because is says "server offline" when i have verfied with other people in the server that it is infact online. i have checked and double checked my game version and it is up to date and matching the server. and i also have check and double checked my internet and my other systems and made sure nothing is interfaring yet still the server is hidden when veiwing the server list

Edited by BlackFoxNZ

In my case, it looks like the issue was that I was running 2.5.0. I updated to 2.5.2 beta and can now see and connect to the server.

As an aside, is it normal to have 10GB DCS RAM usage when connected to the server?

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

As an aside, is it normal to have 10GB DCS RAM usage when connected to the server?

yes

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am having this problem. Any server with 30+ people on it does not show up on the server browser and i can't connect via direct ip. I am running the correct beta version and have tried port forwarding the correct port together with disabeling my firewall and nothing have worked.

Any assistance would be appriciated.

I'm experiencing this issue every couple of days, where what I believe is after crashing/disconnecting, I simply cannot rejoin that server again.

It does not show up in the browser, you cannot manually connect either, it just says 'server offline'

This lasts for a couple days before apparently magically fixing itself for a day or so, before doing so again.

This issue persists in-between my local computer restarts, mission changes on the server (Unknown how often the server provider/s are restarting their physical machine or game processes?)

I've repaired DCS, ensured I am running the same update as the server, emptied out my DCS save game folder to rule out corrupted settings of some kind.

I've VPN routed to several different worldwide locations to rule out routing issues (And I can command line ping the server IP externally successfully).

Anyone got any other ideas? ED, do you wish to comment?

I was able to fix the issue for me, well sort of. After all it was my internet protection software (Kaspersky). But it wasn't the usual firewall blocking that happens with other games. I have to turn off the entire software to find all the servers and even then DCS only finds them in 1 out of 2 tries. I still haven't figured out what exactly is causing the issue.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am using Kaspersky ( Free Edition meanwhile ) and dont have issue when i leave it on.

I admit, usually I turn it off for 3h when I start DCS, just a habit from old days and weak CPU's. I don't actually think it matters.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am using Kaspersky ( Free Edition meanwhile ) and dont have issue when i leave it on.

I admit, usually I turn it off for 3h when I start DCS, just a habit from old days and weak CPU's. I don't actually think it matters.

I have to turn it off to be able to find all servers now. It's pretty weird and hasn't been an issue in the past. I just turn it off for 3 minutes which is enough to find and join a server.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Some advice here for some of the antivirus that have given DCS issues at one time or another.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/557/

Please double check that your antivirus and firewall is allowing DCS World to access the network (ports 80, 443).

BitDefender owners:

This program has so many options, it has an SSL analyze which should be turned off for DCS World to work.

1. Goto Menu / Protection /Protection WEB / Analyse SSL

2. Turn it off

Also add DCS world exe file to Exceptions

1. Go to Adjustments / Antivirus-Adjustments / Exceptions.

2. Add DCS.exe file.

If nothing helps the only way is complete uninstall of the BitDefender.

Kaspersky Internet Security owners:

1. Go to Settings / Protection / Application control settings / Manage application

2. Find all executable files in the DCS World folder:

DCS World\Run.exe

DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe

DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe

DCS World\bin\dcs_protect.exe

3. Right click on it and choose "Details and rules".

4. Select checkbox in exclusions.

ESET Smart Security 8 owners:

1. Go to Advanced Setup / Protocol Filtering - SSL.

2. Disable SSL protocol scanning.

3. Go to Web access protection - HTTP, HTTPS.

4. Check Do not use HTTPs protocol checking.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I fix it by reseting the router every couple of days. If I don't do that the server list just show 3-4 servers instead of dozens.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Then maybe DNS pool issue? (as you most likely get new IP on router reboot)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

How is that process managed anyway ?

Are we ( the clients ) only querying the master server who receives all "on station-ready" from all the servers and redistributes that info to us. So to speak, we never actually query any of the servers ourselves but only the MasterServer ?

-or-

do we actually report in at the MasterServer and ALSO query each and every server from a simple list with IP's which we receive from the MasterServer. So we have to query the actual servers for player numbers, mission, etc. ?

DNS does not play a big role I am afraid, the only server we may contact initially by DNS could be ED's MasterServer, the actual game server's list will be IPv4 only imho. Many do not have a DNS record anyway, this would make plain no sense. Even for ED, it is not beneficial to force one more hurdle, a working DNS resolution, onto the process. Having a (few) static IP's coded was much easier...and maybe a fall-back DNS if all static IP's given out fail for some reason, then you route via DNS to a SRV you define, ED knows what i mean.

I have no idea how it's actually done and I am too lazy to get wireshark out and check myself.

what one can do:

Delete your Virus scanner and see if that helps, if it does, change the product or tune it properly, DANG

If your router needs a restart every few days to find all servers, ehhh, not good. Firmware Upgrade ? MAC Address table bad ? It may be the SWITCH part of your router and not the actual Routing and Firewalling Function NAT-d. They sometimes screw their tables ands thus are blind

The server list was fine beofre 2.5, no need tp reset the router back then. An there is no problem with any other game or application. It's just DCS server list that behaves strangely. And by chance I found that by resetting the router solves the problem (and I've tested this several times, it works).

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

So, I don't use any of the anti-viruses Bignewy mentioned, and I had actually disabled what do I do have as part of my trouble shooting, I also temporarily disabled both my windows firewall, and my routers firewall as well. Issue persisted, some days it'd just refuse to connect or show up in the browser,

I eventually worked out that the VPN workaround that has worked for me in the past, actually does work, its just really temperamental, one day one location will work, another it won't, but once I pick the right VPN server, bam, I can see and connect to my target DCS server.

This issue is unlikely a routing issue however, as

A) Any of the VPN locations should get around that, not one on one day but then only another on another...

B) Pinging the target IP (IP, not a domain) once per second for 10 minutes, averages 0% packet loss and stable pings

C) I actually have access to 2 landline internet server providers, both with completely different routes according to tracert, both get stable pings 0% packetloss to the target DCS server.

Really at a loss to explain this, I've had this not occur some days, some days it happens after a crash/restart, others first login of the day it just won't work. I don't even need to restart DCS once I start swapping IPs either by swapping internet connections or connecting the VPN, and again no matter if the connection can, or cannot, connect to the DCS server, my cmd ping will be stable latency with 0% packetloss.

I don't understand how this effects both Direct connecting, AND the masterlist, even if I had a bad route to the gameserver, would the master server-list still let me SEE the server? Its two different routes? Perhaps the server list filters out any that fail the local client ping request?

This has got to be something do with the DCS network code, external tests/routes work just fine, there's a website running off a domain at the same network address, entering the IP or the Domain name into a will still get you the website.

My contribution is an offtopic in spite of this thread header should be about 2.5.2.18307, but:

I returned to DCS after couple of weeks flying other things and after F-18 release. Two day ago I found that in my MP server list is ZERO servers visible and all connections to direct IP ended up with "server unreachable" or so. Yesterday (as far as I remembered that in times of v1.5 there used to be plenty of servers visible) I cleanly uninstalled DCS World and started to consider the return to v1.5, but at last I downloaded basic 2.5 World and installed it from scratch. My ability to see servers improved. Immediately I saw 20 server. Then I met with friend D3javu on TS and he recommend me not to upgrade/manage DCS World suite manually, but to use a manager. And told me the magic words - open beta. So I downloaded ingenious Skate Zilla's DCS Updater/launcher and downloaded the last possible open beta 2.5.2.18736. According to my meaning these are two important things: update manager and open beta. After update BOOOM - I see over 200 servers and no problem to connect any of them (I hope :) ).

So my advice is to save configurations and install DCS World (the last open beta) from scratch :D

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)