Missing airfield icon/info in F10 map

cabzi

If the map icons are set to OFF or MY AIRCRAFT ONLY in options menu, the F10 map will not show airfield icon/info for "home base". Once I set the option to FOG OF WAR or higher the airfield icon/info is visible. All other airfield icons are shown correctly.

This bug has been around a couple of update cycles and affects at least Caucasus and NTTR maps.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

I have some more information to share about this bug. In addition to my previous post, this bug happens if an airfield is set as a waypoint, so not just the takeoff/landing airbase.

Last night I flew the FA-18C quick mission (Caucasus, takeoff and navigation) where the flight plan waypoints are set over various airfields. Neither of those airfields had map icon/info in F10 map. If I remember correctly, the icons where also missing from Hornet's moving map.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

+1 it's bugged again....

Was good in the previous version... :cry:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• 3 weeks later...

There are many bugs in the F10 map as well as this one, e.g. sky re-drawing on exit on high end systems, starting position wrong or over Crimea, zoomed in or out was too much at start.

I hope ED will start paying attention to the issue here and elsewhere with the F10 map very soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly, I'm shocked to. Have devs even tried to reproduce/debug this on a multiplayer server?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I know, it's really frustrating. There are so many bugs reported here that never seem to get acknowledged.

Sometimes makes me wonder why we bother.

Missing features after years, very annoying bugs that affect playability, etc.

The plethora of F10 bugs is embarrassing, in my opinion.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

We do bother so that players either also post in this thread so that ED gets the importance of this multiplayer bug and especially so that this thread view-counter goes up skyrocketing and ED realizes that way that players are not happy with the F10 bug. (this thread currently has 615 views! Lets get to the 1000 views asap! :) Tell your friends to post about their experience with this bug in here please)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Its been reported.

Failure to acknowledge the bug on the forums doesn't mean that it isn't reported on the tracker. Also this bug happens in SP, its just more prevalent in MP due to map view settings typically being more restrictive online.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its been reported.

Failure to acknowledge the bug on the forums doesn't mean that it isn't reported on the tracker. Also this bug happens in SP, its just more prevalent in MP due to map view settings typically being more restrictive online.

I’m sure that’s correct, but it would be useful to have bugs confirmed here.

• 7 months later...

I PMd Grimes, we should have a statement by him here very soon. :)

That'd be very amazing. Also, the floating airfield names bug? Or that not yet?

• 2 years later...