MULT option with bombs

blast

Hi everyone,

Despite i read the manual, I still don't understand how the MULT parameter in the release program is supposed to do. Can someone explain it with examples in order to help me to understand?

By the way, I'm trying to figure out a way to drop bombs symmetrically in order to balance the plane after each drop. For example when I release 2 bombs now, the system decide to drop one bomb on my right wing and one in center which completely unbalance the plane, especially with heavy bombs. Does someone have a solution?

Thanks!

Edited by blast

I observed the same issue. I had a symmetric loadout of 6 CBU-99s (2 on each outboard station and 2 on the center station). In my first run I opted for 4 bombs to be released. Of course I expected that would drop the bomb pairs on the wing stations. Instead, it dropped the pair on the left wing and the pair on the center station.

It appears there is no balancing logic implemented yet, provided that exists in the real plane after all...:smilewink:

Quantity is the total number of bombs that will be dropped, Multiple is how many will be released at a time.

So qty 8, mult 2, int 100 will release 8 bombs total in 4 pairs 100 feet apart.

Qty 4, mult 1 int 200 will release 4 single bombs 200 ft apart.

Quantity is the total number of bombs that will be dropped, Multiple is how many will be released at a time.

So qty 8, mult 2, int 100 will release 8 bombs total in 4 pairs 100 feet apart.

Qty 4, mult 1 int 200 will release 4 single bombs 200 ft apart.

What would means mult 3 then? Is it possible?

What would means mult 3 then? Is it possible?

You could have qty 6, mult 3, int 200

To drop 3 bombs twice 200 ft apart.

Qty is how many bombs you want to drop total.

Mult is how many to drop at once, (in pairs etc)

Int is how far you want the spacing to be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes mult 3 would be fine to release 3 bombs at a time. Any mult number less than or equal to qty would be fine.

Divide qty by mult to find out how many intervals there will be. Qty 10, mult 2, (10/2)=5 intervals. If you were dropping them along a 6000ft runway you could set int to (6000/5)=1200ft.

Qty 12, mult 12 would drop the lot in one go. In practice it’s probably best to spread them out a bit to cover the target area though!

I observed the same issue. I had a symmetric loadout of 6 CBU-99s (2 on each outboard station and 2 on the center station). In my first run I opted for 4 bombs to be released. Of course I expected that would drop the bomb pairs on the wing stations. Instead, it dropped the pair on the left wing and the pair on the center station.

It appears there is no balancing logic implemented yet, provided that exists in the real plane after all...:smilewink:

The non symmetrical release from outboard station seems not logical.

At the this stage of the sim, roll trimming would be the plausible solution for now.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You could have qty 6, mult 3, int 200

To drop 3 bombs twice 200 ft apart.

Qty is how many bombs you want to drop total.

Mult is how many to drop at once, (in pairs etc)

Int is how far you want the spacing to be.

I thought it would be qty x mult = total... not that screwed up "new math".

F-16 works on the events x type system. E.g. if you have RP 6 and PAIRS you will drop twelve weapons, six pairs.

A-10C works on quota system, QTY 6 PAIRS will drop pairs until the quantity that has been released is 6. If pairs are not possible during one of the events then it will continue releasing until it fulfills its quota.

F/A-18C is clearly the quota type. The question comes what happens if you want 5 bombs in multiples of 2. What does it do? There are three likely results:

Result A) PAIR, PAIR

Result B) PAIR, PAIR, PAIR

Result C) PAIR, PAIR, SINGLE

The logic behind A is that the sequence stopped at 4 weapons because the next pair would exceed the desired quantity of 5. The logic behind B is that after the second pair it hadn't released the desired quantity so it continued to release a third pair. And lastly the logic behind C is that the computer releases the preferred multiple for each event until it got to the third event and reduces the multiple from 2 to 1 so as to exactly comply with the desired quantity.

The logic of C would go something like this:

While(ReleasedQty<DesiredQty)
    If(ReleasedQty+Multiple <= DesiredQty)
    then Release Multiple
    else Release DesiredQty-ReleasedQty

Logic C is apparently what A-10C uses. "I want to release 5 bombs in multiples of 2." You get 2-2-1.