RAZBAM's Surprise

MrDieing

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, as others have mentioned, information regarding the F-15E is the most likely candidate for this surprise, with that being said they had previously mentioned in the F-15E thread that information regarding that project was coming in July. Also as others have mentioned a Sea Harrier FRS1 to go with the Falklands map is a possibility and will share some of the technologies with the existing harrier module, an FA2 Sea Harrier would be amazing but I don't believe it ever saw conflict within any of the current maps planned for DCS. Other possibility would be GR3s.

Other ideas modules where (to me) the hype train would be work it would be something like an F-104 or a Tornado GR4 (Truth be told I'd be happy with any tornado even an F3 but I want a GR4). The F104 did win that pole that was done on the Razbam folder a while back however. (I'd also love for it to be some sort of red air like a mig 23 or mig 25 but that's a dream)

My theory (and I insist, THEORY :smilewink:)

Razbam developped the AV8B 2+ for fsx/p3d with fully implemented and working air/air, air/ground, air/sea radar. Maybe, and I said maybe, they made a deal with ED to have those radar air/ground/sea features working with their F18, and maybe (again :music_whistling:), we will have soon or later the AV8B 2+ for DCS :joystick::pilotfly:

Edited by flo57100

This is not a surprise, we have been saying we'll do one...

Then you are my favourite person right now :smilewink:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I think for it do be a surprise it will be something different or not what we were expecting from Razbam. It was mentioned in a previous post about a helicopter, Razbam have not done a chopper before. It’s not a bad guess.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

I think for it do be a surprise it will be something different or not what we were expecting from Razbam. It was mentioned in a previous post about a helicopter, Razbam have not done a chopper before. It’s not a bad guess.

Exactly, but as usual with these kind of threads, it has turned into a personal wishlist thread :D But one can hope I guess ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Exactly, but as usual with these kind of threads, it has turned into a personal wishlist thread :D But one can hope I guess ;)

RAZBAM did do a poll of sorts on reddit I believe, about 4 months ago, and the C-130 seemed quite popular.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

RAZBAM did do a poll of sorts on reddit I believe, about 4 months ago, and the C-130 seemed quite popular.

That would kinda explain why ED is involved. Perhaps they are opening up a whole new part of the game with transport features and RAZBAM developing the first aircraft.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The surprise is, they will actually finish a module and not leave it drowning in a sea of bugs!

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

This is not a surprise, we have been saying we'll do one...

lol I actually only came over to the Razbam forum because of what I saw in the video I referenced. I honestly have little idea of what has previously been discussed, other than reading through this thread :P

The wasp and the scout was in the war.

on ma mobile

I was only going by the cornerstone dates in the Wiki articles. In the Type-21 article it states that the Wasp was replaced with the Lynx once the Lynx became available, and when the ship was in port for refitting, and the Lynx became available in

'79, so my assumption was that in the 3 years before the war, it was likely that the most, if not all, of the 7 Type-21 frigates involved in the war would have had their Wasps replaced by the time of the war. I did not try to run down the actual data on when each ship actually had their Wasps replaced, because ... duh I was too lazy for that ;)

Whooaa... full modeled aircraft carrier with elevators, below deck and deckcrew. :

If Razbam is going to put together the assets used by both sides of the Falklands War, and as has already been stated by Prowler111 (and apparently in many other parts of the forum :huh: ), the Sea Harrier is a thing, of course they'll need an HMS Invincible and HMS Hermes, or at least one of these, but would that really be a surprise?

I have to say, Razbam sure does have a vibrant community :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The surprise is, they will actually finish a module and not leave it drowning in a sea of bugs!

:thumbup:

Looks like the A-Team has arrived.

Erich Fromm

I was only going by the cornerstone dates in the Wiki articles. In the Type-21 article it states that the Wasp was replaced with the Lynx once the Lynx became available, and when the ship was in port for refitting, and the Lynx became available in

'79, so my assumption was that in the 3 years before the war, it was likely that the most, if not all, of the 7 Type-21 frigates involved in the war would have had their Wasps replaced by the time of the war. I did not try to run down the actual data on when each ship actually had their Wasps replaced, because ... duh I was too lazy for that ;)

Sorry to have to correct you but as one example.... HMS Hydra still had her WASP during the campaign. I am afraid poor old Wiki and assumptions strike again LOL :thumbup:

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to have to correct you but as one example.... HMS Hydra still had her WASP during the campaign. I am afraid poor old Wiki and assumptions strike again LOL :thumbup:

The Hydra was a hospital ship during the war, and I was only listing the Type-21 frigates :smilewink:

Still, some of the Type-21's might have had Wasps. I just don't know, but I would need documented evidence to think none of them had the Lynx.

If Razbam does make an helo for the 21's I hope it's the Lynx, simply because it would be a much more versatile chopper.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

:D

I was thinking the same. Haha!

I'm actually curious about the surprise though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

May be people will one day unterstand what "we are waiting for ED to implement some new stuff, we need to go step by step as DCS World advances." actually means.

FLIR and IR, Ground Radar (likely including changes to things like Radar ranging) is in the works by ED. Like the new visual effects, like rain, wing vapor etc. this needs to be implemented into DCS before anybody can put it into their code

So why would you "finish things" that you know will get a major change shortly after you finished doing them in an obsolete way?

Considering the complex systems modeling it is even perceivable that fixing "unrelated stuff" is tied into Navigation computer, weapons processing and what not under the hood.

So may be, just may be, they do what does make sense in terms of working on the "old" modules, why using the remaining resources to bring new projects to the point where they can then, simply add the new features once DCS is ready for them.

Just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

May be people will one day unterstand what "we are waiting for ED to implement some new stuff, we need to go step by step as DCS World advances." actually means.

FLIR and IR, Ground Radar (likely including changes to things like Radar ranging) is in the works by ED. Like the new visual effects, like rain, wing vapor etc. this needs to be implemented into DCS before anybody can put it into their code

So why would you "finish things" that you know will get a major change shortly after you finished doing them in an obsolete way?

Considering the complex systems modeling it is even perceivable that fixing "unrelated stuff" is tied into Navigation computer, weapons processing and what not under the hood.

So may be, just may be, they do what does make sense in terms of working on the "old" modules, why using the remaining resources to bring new projects to the point where they can then, simply add the new features once DCS is ready for them.

Just my two cents.

This makes sense.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO