Carrier TACAN channel

nickos86

Try 1X and/or open the .miz file in the mission editor (ME) and check the advanced waypoint options.

Edit: Also set the A/A option in addition to T/R

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Change TACAN Channel

You can change the TACAN channel in the Mission Editor by following these steps:

1. Clink on the carrier

2. Click on Advanced Block

3. Click on ADD

4. Type: Select Perform Command

5. Action: Select Activate Tacan

6. Mode: X

7. Channel 55 (or what ever you want)

8. Callsign: I used CVN for the carrier or you can use STN for Stennis

• 1 month later...

I do exactly that for Tacan and set 11 for the ACLS but they dont work in the jet. The Tacan marker just spins around the HSI and nothing comes on for the ACLS. This is when I make a simple no mods applied mission. Stennis to wpt 1. Hornet 3 miles behind the boat, clear day. Im selecting the tacan and acls correctly, just like in other folks missions where it all works fine. Any ideas?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Yep, I did everything exactly as before when both ICLS and TACAN worked fine. The general feeling seems to be that the new updates in the game have to be applied to older missions by reopening and re-saving them but what happened to me was a result of a mod messing up the mission. Now to figure out which one!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Had the same problem. In mission editor my error was to set the tacan options for the carrier in "triggered actions" thumbnail instead of advanced (waypoints actions) options.

Hope this helps.

NeF

I found that the reason my TACAN and ICLS wasn't working and just going in a circle was because I was on the ground. Once I got inflight it works fine...

Just a side note, the TACAN Y channel is currently bugged (again). I haven't run across any pre-made missions using Y but if you do, or you're building your own, Y channel is broken.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...