Water Flicker in Cockpit View

Hi,

Sorry if this is wrong area of the forum - Please move if it is. Does anyone else have this problem on the latest openbeta version where the sea starts to flicker but it only does this in the cockpit view? A short clip below to show what I mean.

Any solutions?

I had this once, not sure why. I remember that it wasn't just everyone but only at a particular part of the sea. I have no idea where that part is.

The video above was filmed on the Persian Gulf map but I have also add it on the Caucasus map as well. It is a bit of an odd one as it doesn't happen all the time. But when it does happen, it can get quite distracting :P

The video above was filmed on the Persian Gulf map but I have also add it on the Caucasus map as well. It is a bit of an odd one as it doesn't happen all the time. But when it does happen, it can get quite distracting :P

I had it on PG.

Recorded on 2nd of June

Edited by FistofZen

Am I special?

Same here in VR, especially at the coast I see these flashes.

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

Not seen it here, nVidia, monitor and VR.

Could this be fps related. The videos look like low'ish fps, like 30 fps or less? So if the shadow is only rendered every other frame to save performance, it could come across as flickering?

Just speculating of course.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

As per Highman-ED

“With the water settings to high, the white caps look amazing, however they flicker considerably in the distance (above 2km).”

“I have AA @ 16 and MSAA @ 2, but they're still very noticeable. is it possible to implement a lod setting such as there is for shadows for these at a certain range to prevent the flickering?”

What our squad has noticed is that with high wind the water flicker is very noticeable in the Persian Gulf map using the Oculus Rift, with low wind less white caps means a lot less flicker on the water in the distance. This is mainly a problem sitting on the Stenis looking across to the distance, once in the air the flicker gets less and less as you gain altitude.

Caucasus map doesn’t seem to suffer with the flickering white water caps.

Edited by AussieM8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. After deleting the files in the FXO and metashaders2 folder, it tends to go away. Until the next login on DCS then its right back again, check my post here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214442

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I think I'm the same. Static weather without fog is fine, add some fog and it does this.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...