Move and resize kneeboard

ScopeDope

That's exactly how you do it today...

User/Saved Games/ create a folder KNEEBOARD. Put any pages for all aircraft (airport charts, beacon lists etc.) there.

For individual aircraft create a folder under Saved Games/KNEEBOARD named exactly as the aircraft folder in Program Files/DCS World/mods/aircraft/-name- (e.g. F-16C_50) and drop pages there to show on that Kneeboard, only..

File should be a .jpg and closely match the aspect ratio 3:4 (768*1024) to prevent stretching.

This structure replicated in the mission file (.miz) would tie the pages to the Mission. So you can handle individual Mission Data Cards for each aircraft.

oops. thanks for the answer. i somehow thought, there would be more steps involved.

however my point still stands for the mission specific kneeboard pages. i feel the system is well thought out actually, but it would be way more user friendly if you would not have to unpack the mission file to add media. but this is not a kneeboard-only-related issue. maybe missions should be saved unpacked and only pack on command to make distribution more easy. that's how that other military sandbox game from those czech guys does it and i think it is way more intuitive. just throw stuff in the mission folder and call it from the mission file. then pack the mission only if you want to share it online, otherwise just leave it unpacked...

one more big, big, big wish for the kneeboard.

allow mission designers to set markers (and select map scale) on the map to add the region on the marker to the kneeboard, even if those area is not covered by the flightplan.

also allow mission designers to place a selection of markers that would appear on the kneeboard maps as overlays. maybe just some simple nato symbols or similar, or at least some primitive shapes in blue,red,gray to mark threats and friendlies for example. very simple stuff, but extremely helpful.

• Like 2

oops. thanks for the answer. i somehow thought, there would be more steps involved.

however my point still stands for the mission specific kneeboard pages. i feel the system is well thought out actually, but it would be way more user friendly if you would not have to unpack the mission file to add media. but this is not a kneeboard-only-related issue. ..

No more unpacking. Just adding. Here you go.

All DCS Kneeboards for SP and MP, Players and Mission Makers

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313144/​​​​​​​

allKneeboards_logo.jpg.1bd3eedc744d773f56280e1b6735567a.jpg

(This is not a solution to everything you mentioned. Just something to make your life easier, 1 step at a time.)

allKneeboards_logo.jpg.90e5cacff3ffaa1fddc74148e3b27bca.jpg

• Like 1

Halleluyah, this is a godsend for multi-monitor setupts.

It would be *incredibly* useful for mission makers to be able to set kneeboard bookmarks programmatically via a scripting API so that things like mission specific airfield charts and other useful pages can already be set rather than making the player go through them.

I second prior suggestion of interactable page(s) that can be drawn or written on, specifically for Nineline and other mission specific information.

Additionally, having such function in VR would be a good addition, including positioning of kneeboard in 3D space (a la VR kneeboard mod).

Lastly, button to lock aspect ratio to avoid all this stretching, or just be unable to 'squish' kneeboard images in the first place.

W.I.P Coming in a future update

Thank you

Awesome , we really need this plus adding pages via saved games , like Instrument chart plates

:thumbup:

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Another improvement for me would be to be able to persist bookmarks. I fly often the same airports and will most of the time first create bookmarks for all relevant charts. Which in caucasus takes some time.

EDIT: Did not know that not all modules have the bookmark kneeboard page functionality. Would it be possible to move that to the base game as well? E.g. the A-10C II does not have it.

Thanks for the feedback Dmitriy,

we do need a way of knowing which tab is the current tab in use, we could possibly make the tab with less overlap, I will mention it to the team.

thanks

Maybe different tab color for the active one...

Greetings.

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

I would like the ability to draw on the map and also have a blank page on the kneeboard that I can type notes on, with its own bookmark tab. In the video it looked as if only one page can be "pinned" not sure if this is correct or not but I would like the option to pin/bookmark multiple pages.

Scattered crayons all over the cockpit with a true to live face hit effect :thumbup:wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​+1

@Bullitthead

You can bookmark multiple pages. It can be not clear 'cos in some planes board is to close to the left screen edge, and you can't clearly see bookmarks but all are there - just look in to keybinds menu.

Kneeboard Builder allow to adjust position of kneeboard on the screen.

I wonder how much CPU power this new kneeboard will eat. Some things work better when keep simple.

• ED Team

If you experience a problem in the new open beta, please remove your unofficial mods.

Users have reported the kneeboard not working due to something in the dcs config folder in saved games.

Tested without any mods and all is ok.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi !

Nice job on the new kneedboard. It does look good.

I have two question about it :

- How do we unpin a page ?

- Is there a way to pre-pin pages when adding image files to a mission ?

Thanks !

RollupTito

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Is there any kind of documentation of how to use the new kneeboard features? I'm thinking about this...

• Upgrade cockpit kneeboard. Mouse drag and resize. Added clickable buttons for navigation and making bookmarks. Each new bookmark - new color. Route UI buttons callbacks to track.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I can resize the kneebaord by going to the edges and you get the resize arrows. However after you make it smaller, it chops off the lower portion of the kneeboard when making it larger again

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Halleluyah, this is a godsend for multi-monitor setupts. [...]

Aside from it's not. On multimonitor with custom resolution the kneeboard gets bent out of place and it's impossible to move even with old software that always worked such as kneeboardbuilder. At least it works in VR.

And this is WITH mods and WITHOUT mods, see this other thread here.

No resize or button interaction possible with multiple monitors. Confirmed post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

If you experience a problem in the new open beta, please remove your unofficial mods.

Users have reported the kneeboard not working due to something in the dcs config folder in saved games.

Tested without any mods and all is ok.

thanks

Is there a plan to make it like real kneeboard? I mean like on actual knee same as in TF-51. I guess 3rd party has to make it available themselves on a pilot body.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria