Just my $0.02 on ECM Blinking

I believe that according to this:

we still do not know when or if (big if still) such a patch will happen (perhaps after Black Shark is wrapped up)

Wags meant a 1.13 patch, ie. for Flaming Cliffs.

Just my intepretation of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
I believe that according to this:

Wags meant a 1.13 patch, ie. for Flaming Cliffs.

Just my intepretation of it.

Yup, my typo mistake (not enough coffee this morning). 1.13 not 1.3. Such a patch (if it happens) would be a final patch for FC.

-Matt

How so? All the information I can get is stuff from the mass media.

So, what is the difference between getting your information from Google or from a coffie table book ?

Some of it will be good and some of it will be junk.

Remember you can always Google the manufacturers and see what they have to say about their own designs.

How so? :)

Im not here to blast anyone, but compared to the source and the context of the starter of this thread. It seems to indicate to me the direction this thread has gone with the quote I mentioned above.

Just my 2cents.

Regarding blinking and half dozen other issues (most with the F-15C), we have generated an internal short list of possible fixes for a 1.13 patch, but we still do not know when or if (big if still) such a patch will happen (perhaps after Black Shark is wrapped up). Right now the team is very, very busy with Black Shark and a couple other projects and those must take priority.

We ARE listening and hope to resolve some of these issues at a later time. Right now though the team is just stretched too thin.

-Matt

The game online with ecm blinking are a mess .... thats why everyday we can see a new topic about it and everyone reply 100000x saying all kind of insane teorys about this CHEAT..... So to me its more important fix that mess before BS come out ..... for sure if the BS be released with ecm blinking issuis yet i Dont buy it .

If I Fight , Follown me - IF I Die , Revenge Me - If I Give Up , Kill Me .

Naw. ECM blinking isn't that big of an issue for me to not get BS if it has the blinking issue. Plus, you'll be able to play online if you do get BS.

Thanks for the update wags :thumbup:

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Ya, while we do have all these bugs, i really can't name another one that is more fun to play, yet still a hard core sim.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Let's cool down a bit, we should react in a very positive way on what Wags is telling us. ED is clearly committed to this game.

And this game is NOT a mess, but one of the best flightsims around.

I love LOMAC, but BVR...eh, it's kinda a mess.

sigzk5.jpg

My point is that people are being labeled for one thing while everyone does a bunch of other things.

Sure, I can agree with that. But that's not a relevent point in the discussion of whether ECM blinking is an exploit or not. That's just calling out other people for their crap.

Keep in mind, I'm not calling anyone anything. As I said before, I'm mostly neutral - but I do believe people who blink their jammers is doing the act of exploiting what ED overlooked.

sigzk5.jpg

Let's cool down a bit, we should react in a very positive way on what Wags is telling us. ED is clearly committed to this game.

And this game is NOT a mess, but one of the best flightsims around.

read what i said slowly: the game ONLINE WITH ECM BLINKING re an mess. But for me its the best modern flight sim ever ... thats why im playing everyday offline a long time already .... but like i unlike choopers im waitting BS just for new grounds units and others game imporviment ...so to Me a new expansion without ecm blinking fix making my time online still a complete nightmare ...willnot make me open my pocket :smilewink:

If I Fight , Follown me - IF I Die , Revenge Me - If I Give Up , Kill Me .

read what i said slowly: the game ONLINE WITH ECM BLINKING re an mess. But for me its the best modern flight sim ever ... thats why im playing everyday offline a long time already .... but like i unlike choopers im waitting BS just for new grounds units and others game imporviment ...so to Me a new expansion without ecm blinking fix making my time online still a complete nightmare ...willnot make me open my pocket :smilewink:

Ok, i see your point now.

Online is alot of fun though... even with the blinking... The enemy AI is really dumb.

If you think im going to fly towards you with my jammers on while you simply lockon to my signal, launch your ARH(without me knowing) and then runaway knowing it will most certainly still track me (exploit)while hoping i'll follow you till I eventually get a warning at 8-10nm Active range and get my sorry ass splashed you must think im a stupid noob, offcourse im going to turn my jammer off and then maybe back on to stop that very exploit your trying to use.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Just an observation.

I havent seen one instance of Macro'd ECM blinking on the 169th Dedicated at all.

Needs to be fixed regardless, just to prevent that from ever happening anywhere, dont you think so? ;)

Regarding blinking and half dozen other issues (most with the F-15C), we have generated an internal short list of possible fixes for a 1.13 patch, but we still do not know when or if (big if still) such a patch will happen (perhaps after Black Shark is wrapped up). Right now the team is very, very busy with Black Shark and a couple other projects and those must take priority.

We ARE listening and hope to resolve some of these issues at a later time. Right now though the team is just stretched too thin.

-Matt

Me thinks it would be better to prevent the duplication of work in different game version codes, to the fixes into 1.2 BS after all other features have been finished.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think it needs to be adressed sure. Ive never said otherwise. I do however think a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

This forum would have you believe its rampant. When in actual fact (at least on my server) its very rare.

IMO there are other things that are much more important. I'd really like to see;

G tolerances improved.

The MiG29 to bee seen at 10 Miles. Not 5.

IFF Button for the F15C

AIM120's having to be guided till they go PitBull

Chaff more realistic

10m lowered to 5m before radar Missiles lose lock

ET 'LA" bug fixed.

AIM7's re-aquiring target the same way a ER does.

...I do however think a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

I agree.

I havent seen much ECM blinking my self, but I can still have an opinion of it, right? :unsure:

I do hope to see it fixed, but no in the 1.13 patch because all of the servers are instantly going to upgrade to 1.2 once BS is released and because ECM blinking occures online, the fix will be required in BS. (unless ofcourse 1.13 is released before BS)

...And in real life they do have a fix for ECM blinking, but in lock on we don't have that fix.

Wait, do you mean that there is a fix for ECM blinking in RL, or there is no ECM blinking IRL?

Yeah, I wonder what replaced 'blinking'. ;)

Also whatever the 'fix' is, it wasn't what's on that site (but it could be close) ... basically you patent stuff in the public when your military rejects it but you might still end up selling to 'someone' or at least get some research cred for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I guess I'll have to spell it out for you then.

When you find stuff that's available like this, it means typically one of the following:

1) The 'fix' has already been implemented, but potentially using a different method. It could have been there a long time; the patent might be close to the 'real thing' or it might be quite far.

2) The method might not be practical

3) The problem that the solution was presented does not exist (the specific method of jamming might not be practical)

So, to make it even *more* clear: I provided these to you as an -example- of what's being done in terms of ECM and ECCM.

Because ECM and ECCM is classified, it's not very likely that you'll find the exact implementation in something that is public - but this stuff -does- serve to give you an idea in terms of what's being done in the EW world.

Anyway, why didn't you post the link already?

But hey, here ya go:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5311192.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't get carried away with classification, the methods are well understood it's the performance parameters that will get you locked up :P

I guess I'll have to spell it out for you then.

When you find stuff that's available like this, it means typically one of the following:

1) The 'fix' has already been implemented, but potentially using a different method. It could have been there a long time; the patent might be close to the 'real thing' or it might be quite far.

2) The method might not be practical

3) The problem that the solution was presented does not exist (the specific method of jamming might not be practical)

So, to make it even *more* clear: I provided these to you as an -example- of what's being done in terms of ECM and ECCM.

Because ECM and ECCM is classified, it's not very likely that you'll find the exact implementation in something that is public - but this stuff -does- serve to give you an idea in terms of what's being done in the EW world.

Anyway, why didn't you post the link already?

But hey, here ya go:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5311192.html