Cannot uncage IRMVs when starting from ground

spetsnaz26

When playing Vulcan forge missions, I couldn't get the irmvs to become RDY and therefore unable to uncage. I selected IRMVs when airborne and waited much longer than 3 minutes (took out half of ISIS convoy with the gun) but missiles still stuck in STBY.

Created a test mission with the same load out. Started in the air and could immediately uncage and fire missiles.

Load was four IRMVs and two snake eyes outboard.

Any help?

Edit: this isn't a problem if you keep the missiles selected uninterrupted for three minutes. Also note Zeus note that you can box the Missiles on ACP before going to AG more so they you can prepare before arriving in the AO.

Edited by spetsnaz26

See if its not the AGM65D on your store.(if you are on the open beta) because thé Harrier cant use them now only E and G

Initially I suspected the same, but after changing the loadout the problem persisted. E worked fine, but G can't uncage if I follow that campaign mission. Starting from air in a custom mission and I could uncage without any problem.

Hi there,

Are the mav's showing as 'RDY' or still 'STBY' , are you sure that they are ready for use??

Asking me? I've got them in STBY, so I couldn't uncage. This is supposed to go away after the minutes but in my case it never went ready

well for me they are showing ready after take off and the cooldown but wont uncage, air stat NP, ill try a made mission later today, as in not one of my own

Wait a minute, ready during cool down? I thought they were supposed to show STBY when you first select them. If rdy then you should be able to uncage fine.

TL;DR:

I selected IRMVs when airborne and waited much longer than 3 minutes (took out half of ISIS convoy with the gun) but missiles still stuck in STBY.

If you selected the gun to shoot the convoy, you probably cancelled the IR Maverick initialisation.

I might be wrong but I am under the impression that the countdown doesn't pause if you don't deserve them?

Not sure that's correct, think you can do stuff on other MPCD pages but need to keep the mavericks selected when initialising them (STBY -> RDY)

I've got them in STBY, so I couldn't uncage. This is supposed to go away after the minutes but in my case it never went ready

Detail:

AFAIK the mavericks need to be selected i.e. IRMV boxed on the stores page, for their seekers to cool down and gyros to spin up.

After 3 minutes, STBY should change to RDY.

If you go off and do something else, you need to be careful - IIRC looking at the EHSD is ok, but somethings can cancel the IR maverick initialisation i.e. IRMV becomes unboxed on the stores page.

Switching to the gun to shoot up a convoy may be fun but obviously [gun] became boxed and IRMV unboxed - cancelling the cool down.

Once RDY the IR Mavericks don't require the same cooling/initialisation and can be selected/deselected at will, allowing the use of other weapons as necessary.

IRL if a once RDY (cooled) maverick is re-selected and uncaged, the IR image may be poor as it might take the seeker up to 90 seconds to reach the optimum temperature again. The IR maverick has 60 minutes of cooling in RDY mode or 30 minutes if displaying video.

I'm not sure how much Razbam have or will model.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

TL;DR:

If you selected the gun to shoot the convoy, you probably cancelled the IR Maverick initialisation.

Not sure that's correct, think you can do stuff on other MPCD pages but need to keep the mavericks selected when initialising them (STBY -> RDY)

Detail:

AFAIK the mavericks need to be selected i.e. IRMV boxed on the stores page, for their seekers to cool down and gyros to spin up.

After 3 minutes, STBY should change to RDY.

If you go off and do something else, you need to be careful - IIRC looking at the EHSD is ok, but somethings can cancel the IR maverick initialisation i.e. IRMV becomes unboxed on the stores page.

Switching to the gun to shoot up a convoy may be fun but obviously [gun] became boxed and IRMV unboxed - cancelling the cool down.

Once RDY the IR Mavericks don't require the same cooling/initialisation and can be selected/deselected at will, allowing the use of other weapons as necessary.

IRL if a once RDY (cooled) maverick is re-selected and uncaged, the IR image may be poor as it might take the seeker up to 90 seconds to reach the optimum temperature again. The IR maverick has 60 minutes of cooling in RDY mode or 30 minutes if displaying video.

I'm not sure how much Razbam have or will model.

Hey thanks for the explanation. I'll set up a controlled mission on ground with hot start and see what happens. I'm also concerned it may be a weapon mix problem.

To start IRMAV cooldown process, select them via ACP, not by STRS page.

ACP selection does not require that the aircraft is in AG mode, and the missiles will be ready after three minutes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

To start IRMAV cooldown process, select them via ACP, not by STRS page.

ACP selection does not require that the aircraft is in AG mode, and the missiles will be ready after three minutes.

Thank you. Good thing I didn't submit it as a bug, there's none. I tried again with IRMV selected without interruption and it worked. I always had to switch to other things in a mission, hence the problem.