Chuck's DCS: F/A-18C Guide

Charly_Owl

Thank you for your effort.

I have a question for your work.

I'm one of Korean translators of DCS and want to translate into Korean and distribute.

May I?

Our community web site is http://cafe.naver.com/dcstr

If possible, please let me announce it.

Anyway thank you for your great manual again.

Korean Translation Team for DCS:smartass:

Thank you.

DCS 1st JTWF (http://cafe.naver.com/dcstr)

i7 5960X 4.5ghz

32GB RAM

TITAN X 3way SLI

Part 10 - weapons and armament. stores SMS page. page 117. The accompanying photo has MK-20 and MK82SE mixed up.

Edit, the part after that, "Contermeasures"

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Edited by Lithion

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Yet another priceless product Thanks!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Good stuff.

Page 15, cockpit: The Flight Control System RESET switch is mislabelled "ECS (Environmental Control System) Reset Switch".

Page 156, Radio intro: Reference to Harrier in the text.

Page 159, autopilot: The picture taken from the NATOPS mentions the basic autopilot enabled by On/Off button, but it's not mentioned in the text.

Pages 164-165, HSI: True airspeed on the left side of ownship symbol is mislabelled as ground track.

Thanks for the corrections, everyone. I did a first correction pass I've uploaded a new revision as of 11/06/2018. If you take the document from Mudspike, make sure you clear your history and cache to have the new version available.

Typos corrected, updated RWR section, corrected Carrier Landing procedure, other stuff here and there.

YES!

I didn't even open the file yet but I know it's excellent!

Thanks Chuck!!!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks Chuck! Awesome work.

Sawdfish

:joystick: Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / Asus Prime X370-Pro Motherboard / AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor / Corsair Series 16GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM / Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB SSD / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11GB Video Card / Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Speakers / 3 x Samsung 27" Monitors @ 5760 x 1080 / TrackIR5 / TM Warthog HOTAS w/Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Next Level Racing GT Ultimate V2 Simulator Cockpit with Triple Monitor Stand and Flight Pack.

Hi Chuck,

thanks for the manual.

One feedback, the RWR threats on page 150 are inverted. the inner circles threats are the critical ones and the outer ones are less dangerous. Maybe you can correct that.

That is the correct order, I imagine the Navy made it that way since in the outside circle it is clearer due to more space than in the inside circle in which the less dangerous threats are, and so you have a better picture of the most harmful threats.

Thanks for the corrections, everyone. I did a first correction pass I've uploaded a new revision as of 11/06/2018. If you take the document from Mudspike, make sure you clear your history and cache to have the new version available..

:thumbup:

You missed the Ground Track/TAS typo on page 165, which is now page 167.

Amazing, just what I need ! Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thank you for your effort.

I have a question for your work.

I'm one of Korean translators of DCS and want to translate into Korean and distribute.

May I?

Our community web site is http://cafe.naver.com/dcstr

If possible, please let me announce it.

Anyway thank you for your great manual again.

Sure, go ahead.