[INVESTIGATING]Spike lag caused by internet network, now what?

Yeah when something isnt there it should be created. For me your statements sounds like "With the update u get a autoexec.cfg which contains the new option"

I know that this shall not be the case because every autoexec.cfg is unique.

For someone who hasnt got experience with these thinks it would be good to give the advice to create or edit the user specific "autoexec.cfg".

But please see this only as a improvement suggestion for the topic which BIGNEWY created. :)

• ED Team
Yeah when something isnt there it should be created. For me your statements sounds like "With the update u get a autoexec.cfg which contains the new option"

I know that this shall not be the case because every autoexec.cfg is unique.

For someone who hasnt got experience with these thinks it would be good to give the advice to create or edit the user specific "autoexec.cfg".

But please see this only as a improvement suggestion for the topic which BIGNEWY created. :)

I have added a line in my post for users who do not have one to create one, it should help new users who do not have a autoexec.cfg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for these findings! I disabled my network adapter and was able to fly the first (largely) stutter free flight in two years!

I had previously tried creating an autoexec.cfg file and adding the "no_device_hotplug = true" line, but it didn't stop the stuttering. I'm running 2.5.5.38140. For now I'll just shut off my network adapter until I can figure out a more permanent fix. It's progress though!

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is old, but seems there are still recent posts and this was afflicting me too. So I thought I'd share my fix.

I used the system resource monitor under the task manager and used it's network tab to monitor for suspicious traffic. Sure enough during the lagspikes it was the app "dashost.exe" that @ryak84 mentioned in this post and his own threat.

I checked that box and looked in the network activity section, in the next spike it told me which IP was actually initiating the connection. I used NMAP to identify that it was one of my amazon firestick devices, (for Ryan it was his TV). Ryan simply disabled the smarttv features on his TV, but I didn't want to get rid of my Fire Stick and I can't disable whatever feature was causing it to ping the network. So instead I set it to a static IP and I created a firewall rule in windows to block all traffic from that IP. Boom problem solved.

Just wanted to say thank you again to "ryak84" for giving me a good lead on this.

I know this thread is old, but seems there are still recent posts and this was afflicting me too. So I thought I'd share my fix.

I used the system resource monitor under the task manager and used it's network tab to monitor for suspicious traffic. Sure enough during the lagspikes it was the app "dashost.exe" that @ryak84 mentioned in this post and his own threat.

I checked that box and looked in the network activity section, in the next spike it told me which IP was actually initiating the connection. I used NMAP to identify that it was one of my amazon firestick devices, (for Ryan it was his TV). Ryan simply disabled the smarttv features on his TV, but I didn't want to get rid of my Fire Stick and I can't disable whatever feature was causing it to ping the network. So instead I set it to a static IP and I created a firewall rule in windows to block all traffic from that IP. Boom problem solved.

Just wanted to say thank you again to "ryak84" for giving me a good lead on this.

You are very welcome mate :thumbup: ..glad it helped you!

As this thread is marked as [investigating] by ED i hope they will get around this problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for these findings! I disabled my network adapter and was able to fly the first (largely) stutter free flight in two years!

I had previously tried creating an autoexec.cfg file and adding the "no_device_hotplug = true" line, but it didn't stop the stuttering. I'm running 2.5.5.38140. For now I'll just shut off my network adapter until I can figure out a more permanent fix. It's progress though!

But how do you fly Multiplayer then?

or do you do single player only?

I have just figured out I am having the same issue.

Time to investigate

DCS Playlist

aaa yes! I think i did it! first flight without an issue.

In my case, it was windows itself. It is the UDP port 3702 that caused my spikes. This is used my windows discovery services and file/print services. I disabled it in windows and the firewall and all seems to be working. I don't even see dasHost.exe anymore.

Capture.thumb.PNG.3dafb4a6d07846f0b02ca587b4edbd44.PNG

Untitled.thumb.jpg.000ed4f3276da893087058ed5d4f494e.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.79bf4721d480aedd8b7b9c5800ea082d.jpg

DCS Playlist

Do you have ANY other networked devices in your home ???

Likely this is because your OS tries to talk to it.

Any of those ? :

- SmartTV

- LAN Printer

- NAS box

- Smartphones

- Tablets

- Smart Fridge

- Alexa or equivalent

- Smart Home devices ( Heater Control, Garage Door, Burgular Alarm, etc.. )

If any of those, disconnect them from your network. Easiest way would be to change your WLAN password for the test. This will KICK THEM ALL. Once you are done testing, revert to the old password and all will reconnect as usual.

dashost.exe is not the trouble maker. It's like shooting the messenger but not the actual bad guy.

Tell us what it was...usually it's the printer or the TV !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 months later...

I have just spent 3 weeks trying to find the cause of jitters in DCS World. At first I thought it was a beta issue but it was happening in release as well. After reading this thread I realised that it was my new Sony AG9 on the network spiking the NVidia 2080TI as described. Disconnecting from the network solved the problem.

I don’t know if this is a Windows 10 issue, a DCS issue, a Sony issue or what but it urgently needs looking at please. As not being able to multiplay will be a big issue for me. Also authentication relies on an internet connection even though you do get a 2 day lease from stored info.

Thanks for tracking this down - genius!

Nick

Update 28/03/2020 Following URFIR3D's process I actually tracked down the spike to a new wireless HP Printer not the Sony AG9 & soundbar.

Edited by BIGNEWY
title

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an easier way to find out if I am also suffering from this problem, it started with the patch in Feb/Jan. I have 2 Xbox ones, 3 ps4, 2 smart tvs, a smart fridge, a cloud HD. I tried disabling network discovery and file sharing, hopefully that will fix it.

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

If you find my post you can simply block the device that’s causing the problem via your windows firewall without knowing exactly what that device is, you’ll just know the IP, and just block that. My post is somewhere in this thread.

I completely disconnected my gaming pc from windows group/network and no longer tries to find devices across my wireless network.

I have to say performance is better especially in vr (still bad from other vr issues) but better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk