Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

iKyrThraad993i

Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

• DCS World Open Beta
    • DCS World Stable Release

Both, the OB seems to be at the point of spear with updates and new models.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Do you guys expect to stay on DCS World Open Beta for the long run or Go to stable?

Thank you for the poll. It's going to be really interesting to see the results.

For me at least there is really no brainer - Open Beta since years now. Simply due to:

- getting the modules on a release date

- getting updates as soon as possible

- no major - show stoppers issues through many years of running OB

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I only have a single DCS installation on my PC, and I switch it back and forth between stable and beta (that's very easy to do with the updater). Most of the time I'm on the beta though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ob

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

iirc you will need the open beta for the Persian gulf and f18 nod to work or even see them

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

OB for now but both installed

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Open beta. There have been very few occasions on which a new patch has broken something catastrophically. Additionally all my favourite MP servers operate on the beta channel so there's very little reason for me to stick with the stable version.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I’ll be on 1.5 until I can afford a complete upgrade...when I do single player on 2.1 (open beta) or 2.5 (release version)I get 10-30 fps and frequent lockups.

1.5 has zero issues and graphics are acceptable.

Edited by VZ_342

I voted for Stable Release because I like robust and stable things. However I can see that the vast majority prefer the Open Beta, probably to be able to fly the Hornet in Early Access I believe.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Anyone running both Stable and Open beta is 1TB enough for both? Will I have a decent amount of room to spare. This is a 1TB Dedicated DCS World SSD

I run both and I have A-10C, P-51D, AV-8B, F/A-18C, and Flaming Cliffs 3 installed (with F/A-18C only being installed for the Beta of course). The total space used up on my SSD is just under 170GB, so 1TB will be plenty of space for an SSD dedicated to only DCS.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I voted for Stable Release because I like robust and stable things. However I can see that the vast majority prefer the Open Beta, probably to be able to fly the Hornet in Early Access I believe.

DCS is never stable... makes no sense to not run the beta. Well you can force any version of the game to any other version, but being on the beta and stable and beta are the same and a new beta patch comes out you can decide if you want it or not without forcing it. Same base, more options.

I am not implying that the beta is always better but it is the same as if asked do you want the base car or the same car with more options for the same amount. You don't need to use the options, but you have them, simple as that

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Open Beta always has more crashes than stable, and don't forget that it's a Beta, it's next patch could make it unplayable.

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Stable

Used to have Open Beta only but after the release of 2.5 i switched, deleted all versions i had installed and installed the stable version.

Why: Because i was tired to fiddle around and around and around with every update. I'm using my spare time for something else now...

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Could have have another option please?

- Which ever one falls over the least

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Seems to me that the very fact we are having this poll speaks volumes! It is all very crazy that to get satisfaction and quality we have a situation of always needing the beta version of a product. Mad, mad, mad. If this is the business model then I wonder how long things can keep going this way. I am sticking with the standard release model because that is were I would expect customers to get the best quality of experience overall. But since that is not the case in my experience, I have given up on DCS for the time being and treat it as if it is in a coma. I check in and update to the standard release version every now and then to see if there is any hope for the future and then leave it alone in the hope that one day it will wake up and I can start having a good relationship with it. I certainly don't purchase any new aircraft models, no matter how hyped up the PR is. Sorry to be so down, but it is how DCS makes me feel. It is so disappointing. In short, I use other flight sim products these days and just update DCS in line with the release version. I am on the fence as to whether to delete it off my PC, but keep it on for now in the hope it will recover and perform something glorious.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png