Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

iKyrThraad993i

Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

• DCS World Open Beta
    • DCS World Stable Release

DCS is never stable... makes no sense to not run the beta. Well you can force any version of the game to any other version, but being on the beta and stable and beta are the same and a new beta patch comes out you can decide if you want it or not without forcing it. Same base, more options.

I am not implying that the beta is always better but it is the same as if asked do you want the base car or the same car with more options for the same amount. You don't need to use the options, but you have them, simple as that

THIS +1000!!

I got heavily attacked on here when 2.5 came out as it was unplayable for me and so many people, and I suggested that the 2.5 "Open Beta" version was in fact the release version since there was no other version !!!

But I and many others were told if we had issues then we should be going back to 1.5 "release" since this was OB and if we couldn't run it too bad!

Then 2.5 release finally came out, and it was the exact version as OB!

Today OB is essentially release version with latest updates. Back in 1.5 days I did have both versions, but today it really makes no sense to have both.

As stated by BIGNEWY in another thread, release version does NOT mean stable version, so there is no reason to stay on release.

Edited by Dagger71

I like to stay on Stable as our group flies MP 99% of the time in different airframes which often gets broken in OB. DCS seems to do their releases very different to other software however and we wait a long time for patches to stable so we end up in Beta. We haven't been able to fly any decent MP missions for a while in OB. We are moving our group back to stable today with the update to stable at least for now.

I like to stay on Stable as our group flies MP 99% of the time in different airframes which often gets broken in OB. DCS seems to do their releases very different to other software however and we wait a long time for patches to stable so we end up in Beta. We haven't been able to fly any decent MP missions for a while in OB. We are moving our group back to stable today with the update to stable at least for now.

I beg to differ my MP server has been off the charts(almost 30+ players consistently) the past few weeks, OpenBeta is much more stable because it has the fixes we need to just be able run properly, and I am about to launch the more serious server (much more realistic/harder to fly/teamwork or die)

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

After latest stable update are both versions the same? If i stay on beta after yesterday update do i have the same things updated on beta as on stable? Or is the stable version higher vetsion than beta?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I usually go with the version that falls over the least

At the moment it is beta which currently is release (I would not use the word "stable" to describe a DCS version)

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

If both are the same now, will any and all updates, not counting new module's or terrain's, be part of the ( stable ) install. Other than the carrier that is suppose to be coming I don't need anything else, but would like to get rid of beta install hoping that the carrier will intergrate into stable at release.

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

All the update to the release version did was to create a new "Release" baseline. The Open Beta will still be the only version to be updated on a regular schedule. The "new Release baseline" will be updated again when ED feels the Open Beta has progressed to a point sufficient to update the release version, the same as just happened.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Returning after a lengthy break (house renovation) - loads of updates all round - need to save as much SSD space as possible so it's OB for me and delete the rest

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I'll go with both but really like the beta because of the new features and bug fixes.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.