Carrier launch, just curious

Lehmen

Got a launch bar on the nose wheel strut.

Not sure about now but there's a hold back bar on the back.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

One end of the holdback bar fits into a slot in the Carrier deck the other end fits into a "U" shaped bracket on the aircraft's nose gear. The holdback bar has a built in weak point which is designed to fail when subjected to a given stress. The holdback bar is capable of retaining the aircraft in position in full afterburner only, or on an unrequested Cat operation with engines at idle , but will break when both AB power and a Cat launch happen together.

Different types of holdback bar with varying breaking tolerances are carried on Carriers for different types of Aircraft.

There is another bar holding the plane in place.

Thanks for the link, love it!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Yeah, and when they snap and dont fall out into the water, they are stuck in place until they pop loose again when they land and go flying down the flight deck when they trap a wire,,, possibly hitting someone,,,,,, ask me how I know :}

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yeah, and when they snap and dont fall out into the water, they are stuck in place until they pop loose again when they land and go flying down the flight deck when they trap a wire,,, possibly hitting someone,,,,,, ask me how I know :}

I was thinking that something like this could happen, but then I had convinced myself: no, it can not be, things like this are surely accounted for :P

LOL,,, for the same reason we made sure that no one was standing in the "crotch" during recovering of aircraft. If you ever get to see the structure of the crotch, you just might see some scars in the steel. its not always the little things either. Rare, but it happens. A couple of years before I got nailed, I was pulling gear, and beside me was the flight deck chief. it was night time, so there was a bit more interval between traps. We were shooting the breeze between a trap and we got on the subject of being alert,,,, he went on to say how quick he became over the many years, and he could see anything coming. A few moments later, he was on the deck as he took a shot in the chest from one of these hold backs during the trap. He went down on a stretcher,,,, he never lived it down before he finished that tour,,,, :}

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

he went on to say how quick he became over the many years, and he could see anything coming. A few moments later, he was on the deck as he took a shot in the chest from one of these hold backs during the trap

This is what I call "tough luck" :doh: