How many people have switched their attention to ArmA?

maukings

can't wait to get it once it gets released with a flyable A-10 ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yeah been playing it, really good game!

How's the A/C flight model ? Is it accurate or is it Porked ?? :lol:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Yeah i av been playing it and I quite like it. Its just so good being able to jump from one vehicle to another or into a chopper. I love the MH-6 with guy's hanging off the seats. I aint tried MP but could imagine that if those guys were ur squad u could do some real cool stuff.

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite

I can't get enough of it! I just love the whole battlefield scene that ArmA bring's!

As for performance I run it @ 1024 *768 @ normal settings and it runs smooth for Patched @ 1.05 (and i run the beta patch as well).

It support's my X52 and you can't beat taking 10 or so of your squad in a blackhawk and landing them in a hot LZ under fire.

MP is good with some good mission makers like BerZerk maps.

BTW the demo does no justice to the actuall game and it's still in it's early stages ;)

These are all flyable..

Here's a short video of someone who has made a beta aircraft explosion mod..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woj56u4M1kw

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Completely agree with you Sleek. You can't find that level of realism (on the ground) and immersion in any other game. It's like a meatier version of BF2.

And no, it's not a flight sim. You have to buy it to shoot more than to fly. I only usually fly the choppers to get me from one place to another quicker, and I rarely fly the jets.

Interested to see why so many bought the game, and then returned it...I can see why you would be disappointed with the avionics, but it's primarily a ground sim, if you buy it for the flying alone then yes, you will be disappointed.

And the greatest thing is...it supports TrackIR :)

Infantry combat with that thing looks just incredible.

porkylomacscale1sl0.jpg

While I was getting a feel for ArmA I Hardly played Lockon but that only lasted about two or three weeks.

For me I don't even understand the idea of talking about ArmA as a flighsim or the idea of purchasing ArmA for the Aircraft you can fly in it because as others have stated it is a long way from being a flightsim. However it is a very good infantry sim that really comes alive when playing coops online in a good server. The Adversarial missions like BerZerk hold or Capture the flag IMO are just pure arcade but in terms of coops you just cant beat ArmA as an FPS experience in general. Americas Army has better missions for player v player and the vehicles and other equipment are more complex and realistic to use for example changing/selecting gears and ratios in Hummers, choosing top down or direct attack when firing Javelins etc but AA is more special forces ops where the mission is over in five or ten mins and the player manipulation or control is more Qauke than simulator. Now ArmA is more about the entire battlefield with coops lasting anywhere from 1 to 3 hours and IMO is the most realistic combat of any FPS out there right now from player manipulation to targeting it is just awesome.

Flightsims will always be my favorite by far but I have always enjoyed a good FPS and I have been waiting for ArmA for sometime having missed out on the whole OFP scene and I was getting tired of the bunny hopping defense honor whoring idiots in Americas Army, so ArmA was exactly what I was looking for.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I've finished base AA campaign, but then put it on the shelf. some things are good in there and some aren't.

BI also untroduced some software advancements in that game (and to the industry), and this is good.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I've finished base AA campaign, but then put it on the shelf. some things are good in there and some aren't.

BI also untroduced some software advancements in that game (and to the industry), and this is good.

I've never played it offline to be honest .. i only played half of one mission then it got bugged and my gun wouldn't show so I had to stop. I haven't tried it since the 1.05 patch but I pretty much only play online coops with ArmA and that's about it.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

At least there is a KA-50 to fly lol

This is a part, where BI did broke good old flashpoint. They've made helicopters useless, while trying to make them real...

but "infantry" part of AA is still good.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

• 4 weeks later...

well...beta patch 1.07 has been released...200+ mb

did anybody try out brand new A10 from BIS? It looks really cool -)

Anyway, ARMA as a tactical shooter becomes a kinda masterpiece with this patch..so many changes its unbelievable..

a101nk4.thumb.jpg.3e46e347f6950b4de13923e04c2dbb31.jpg

a10gp.jpg.fc81dedc9e9161af07df089c2a0c8693.jpg

BTW the demo does no justice to the actual game and it's still in it's early stages ;)

For real? So I must wait for better performance once I try the full version?

I hope so... I'm giving it a second chance.. :D

btw, those A-10's look better than their brothers in Lomac! lol

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

i downloaded the patch with the a10 - what a waste of downloaded mbs - the hog is absolute crap, well its not for me anyway - ill stick with lockon !!!

good part of AA is the AI s are very smart and the ground combat is good

one day, who knows we may (:huh: ) be able to do all that in lockon as well

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog