UFC scratchpad manual WYPT entry.

ouPhrontis

I see this is a work in progress, but noticed waypoints do work.. however; I'd been playing around with attempting to enter waypoints with the scratchpad, without success. Is this implemented in any working fashion, no matter how crude?

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Nope, waypoint entry is not currently implemented.

Hi I just got the Harrier a couple weeks ago, coming from A10C. I am just curious about the lack of waypoint entry - I downloaded a couple missions for the harrier where you can spawn targets in with the F10 menu. Then you get L/L and UTM for the target. So am I just supposed to open the map and look to see where they are for now? Is there no way yet to make use of the given target location information?

Thanks!

After a long and hard day. Waypoint/Markpoint/Targetpoint Lat/Lon data entry and validation, which is always a PITA to code, is now working as intended. Tomorrow will start coding the data save functions. With those functions the AV-8B NA will have the in-cockpit ability to edit/add waypoints, markpoints and targetpoints* to the flight plan.

Next step after that will be the offsets.

Note: Multiple targetpoints not enabled yet.

From RAZBAM's FB page. Woohoo, getting there!

Good going gentlemen, keep plodding on.

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

No, but some evidence of it being implemented are there, I had a play around with it a moment ago and the ODU options and colons are now in place, stoked.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this?

Where are you guys getting info on how to insert waypoints in the system?

Thanks

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

It's written in the NATOPS manual. Just tested and it's not in, though I've not seen any updates to DCS recently.

Here's an excerpt;

23.10.2.1 Entering Waypoint or Markpoint, or Targetpoint Data

Selecting the waypoint data display enables the UFC and ODU for waypoint data entry. This is indicated by the colon next to the WYPT (or TGPT) and POS options on the ODU, and the stored latitude of the selected waypoint, markpoint, or targetpoint on the scratch pad.

If a valid offset is stored for the selected waypoint or markpoint, the system initializes with theWO/S options selected on the ODU. The WYPT and WO/S options are mutually exclusive, and successive depression of the associated option pushbutton provides alternate displays of WYPT and WO/S in the first window on the ODU (with OMNI 7.1 and C1+). With H4.0, the first window of the ODU cycles from WYPT to WO/S to TGPT. If a number is entered into the UFC after ODU window 1 cycles to TGPT and the enter button is pressed, the waypoint offset for the current waypoint transfers into the targetpoint number that was entered.

To re--energize the DATA page ODU options, simply select the desired data entry pushbutton on the DATA page (i.e. WYPT, TCN, or A/C). The data entry pushbuttons are boxed as an indication of what DATA page is currently active. Selecting the data entry pushbuttons on the DATA page has the effect of energizing or de--energizing the ODU options, so selecting a boxed data entry pushbutton will not deselect the DATA page.

Lat will appear in the display on the UFC;

eOk5ELW.jpg

Edited by ouPhrontis

Any update on this?

Where are you guys getting info on how to insert waypoints in the system?

Thanks

Waypoint add/edit will be enabled on next update.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Waypoint add/edit will be enabled on next update.

Cool Zeus! Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

So I did everything according to the Video where Zeus67 shows how to enter / edit waypoints, but it doesn't change / update the Values on the MFD and the waypoint is always at N00°00'00" and E 000°00'00".

It does however create the Waypoint and I can select it with the arrow Buttons but the Coordinates are not the ones I entered.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot the setup. I just place a Harrier in the mission editor and make it flying from the start, no additional Waypoints, no extra Units. Just place it somewhere on the Caucasus Map and hit fly.

Another thing I just noticed.

When you move the TDC on the Map it slews the Aircraft symbol instead of the waypoint.

EDIT 2: It works in MP and Instant Action Missions, so I guess I forgot something in the mission editor.

Awesome work. Really enjoy being able to setup own waypoints!!

Thank you RAZBAM

Edited by TaoGaming

So I did everything according to the Video where Zeus67 shows how to enter / edit waypoints, but it doesn't change / update the Values on the MFD and the waypoint is always at N00°00'00" and E 000°00'00".

It does however create the Waypoint and I can select it with the arrow Buttons but the Coordinates are not the ones I entered.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot the setup. I just place a Harrier in the mission editor and make it flying from the start, no additional Waypoints, no extra Units. Just place it somewhere on the Caucasus Map and hit fly.

Another thing I just noticed.

When you move the TDC on the Map it slews the Aircraft symbol instead of the waypoint.

EDIT 2: It works in MP and Instant Action Missions, so I guess I forgot something in the mission editor.

Awesome work. Really enjoy being able to setup own waypoints!!

Thank you RAZBAM

You need at least two waypoints on the flight plan for it to work.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Works fine for me. 6 figure DMS is 0.2nm inaccurate so UTM or more figures might be nicer, but with TGP/DMS should be fine for everything you can adjust.

Addition of waypoint numbers seems a bit "rough". (Delete or rearrange options?)

This was the update I always was waiting for though. Great to finally have it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

You need at least two waypoints on the flight plan for it to work.

I had the same problem after making two waypoints—both said 00.00.00 on the MFDs, selecting them didn't move the moving map, and the TDC moved the aircraft symbol.

In another mission, I had a three-waypoint flight plan, but had to enter 24 or greater to make a new waypoint. (Paging through on the MFD, there were a bunch of markpoints in between.)

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Is there actually a reason for the minimum of 2 preentered waypoints?

Just curious

Because you need a starting point and an end point to create a flight plan.

Same reason why the ME creates one with three waypoint when you make a fast mission. I'm just following the same logic.

If you make a mission without one, the aircraft will attempt to create at least present position so you only need to add another one.

Ahh ok. Thank you for the reply.

So there has to be an at least very basic flightplan preentered, and then you can extend it later in the mission by manually entering additional waypoints.

Haven’t made a fast mission yet, so I wasn’t aware of the standard flight plan created by ED. Most of the time I just join MP and try to survive.

And after using the Waypoint editing now available in the Harrier I must say I got a LOT better at finding targets.

Same reason why the ME creates one with three waypoint when you make a fast mission. I'm just following the same logic.

If you make a mission without one, the aircraft will attempt to create at least present position so you only need to add another one.

But this will change in the future, it's only a temporary solution (WIP), right?

Coz no other aircraft uses that logic in DCS.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Except; although the aircraft creates a WP0 and I can see the lat/lon coordinates in the UFC, they're not shown on the EHSD. Also, if I add a new WP I can edit the lat/lon, but they are also not displayed in the EHSD.

Coordinates for both of these WPs can be seen in the UFC, but not on the EHSD and cannot be used for Nav.

However, if I first drop a Markpoint, then enter the DATA page, I can then add WPs and they will be displayed in the EHSD as expected.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

One thing I spotted - when you enter the elevation, it converts it to metres on the display but it actually shows 'FT' next to the elevation on the EHSD (with data selected). i.e. if I enter '30' into the elevation, it would show as '9 FT' (whereas it's actually 9 metres).