UFC scratchpad manual WYPT entry.

ouPhrontis

One thing I spotted - when you enter the elevation, it converts it to metres on the display but it actually shows 'FT' next to the elevation on the EHSD (with data selected). i.e. if I enter '30' into the elevation, it would show as '9 FT' (whereas it's actually 9 metres).

That is a bug and I will check.

DCS (and Russian aircrafts) uses SI units (metric) but American aircrafts use English units, so all calculations are made using metric and converted to English on the gauges.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Except; although the aircraft creates a WP0 and I can see the lat/lon coordinates in the UFC, they're not shown on the EHSD. Also, if I add a new WP I can edit the lat/lon, but they are also not displayed in the EHSD.

Coordinates for both of these WPs can be seen in the UFC, but not on the EHSD and cannot be used for Nav.

However, if I first drop a Markpoint, then enter the DATA page, I can then add WPs and they will be displayed in the EHSD as expected.

Thanks for the info, I rarely fly single player offline. I am mostly online and most servers have not entered any waypoints for the AV8 slots. This proves to be an issue when joining servers and trying to create flight plans. I know have no issue with The F18 creating a waypoint 0 then starting to build a FP from there.

I will try by first placing a markpoint, then adding subsequent wp from there.

Zeus have a bug also at times after building waypoints and selecting multiple Mark points. When scrolling through the Waypoint list I have several Mark Points listed as MKPT 0 and do not list correctly in order or will be missing waypoints in the EHSD with >4 waypoints built from coordinates.

Still tryout to find a workaround for building Flight plans on the fly.

Also is there not a way to use the SEQ to draw a line connecting waypoints on the EHSD display like the F18?

Thanks

How do you place a markpoint?

I believe all you do is press the MK key on the EHSD and it will create a "MarkPoint" over your current position. Button OSB7 on the MCPD.

Every time you press it, it will create subsequent markpoints. You can store up to 10. I believe its bugged as if you create several as you cycle through them they always display MK0 for the first several not MK1...MK2....MK3.....MK4... perhaps you can replicate this.

Reference NATOPS 23-40 Through 23-43....

23.9.20 Mark Number Pushbutton If no designation exists, pressing the MK push button stores aircraft present position as a markpoint. The source of the altitude stored in the markpoint is dependent upon sensor validity at the time MK is depressed.With OMNI7.1 andC1+if RALT is valid,aircraft barometricaltitude minus RALT is used. With H4.0 if RALT is valid,GPS altitude minus RALT altitude is used if GPS is cued, otherwise aircraft barometric altitude minusRALT altitude is used.In the absence of valid RALT,the altitude of the current steer to point is used. If a system designation exists withC1+ and H4.0, the calculated designation position is stored in the markpoint when theMK pushbutton is pressed. Only 3 markpoints(1--3)are available with OMNI7.1and C1+.WithH4.0,10 markpoints(0--9)are available. With OMNI 7.1 and C1+, the system initializes the MK pushbutton to MK1 during initial power--up. With H4.0, the system initializes the MK pushbutton to the markpoint number displayed during during the previous shut down(assuming the MSC has not been reloaded, in which case the system initializes toMK0). Each time MK is depressed,position and altitude data is written to the markpoint number displayed above the MK push button,and the markpoint number is incremented. If data exists in the markpoint displayed on the MK pushbutton, and the push button is subsequently depressed, the previously stored data is overwritten with current data.

Edited by Shrike88

Yup! Thanks, that explains some behavior I saw when playing around with waypoint editing, too.

I did note that the markpoints started at 0 for me when hitting the EHSD MK button, counted up to 10, then went to 1, then 10 again, as I hit the button repeatedly. On a three-waypoint flight plan, the next waypoint I could enter manually was 24. (Which would make sense if there were 0-10=11 plus 1-10=10 markpoints in the computer.) I also saw the same thing as you, where the markpoint number displayed in between the up and down arrows was always MK0.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

For me it seemed the Mark point was the position of the aircraft at the time of pressing the Mk button. The problem I had was with the altitude, I wasn't able to edit it afterwards.

I wanted to overfly a column of tanks and then edit the waypoint down in altitude so that the DMT would point at the ground targets but was unable to change the altitude of that Mark point.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10