Please help

Ok maybe I'm stupid stupid stupid. I have a TM Warthog HOTAS & TM rudder pedals. Brand new just spent $600.00

I am using the Hotas Warthog Profile for F/A-18C profile by NOiD and TM TARGET and loading everything correctly.

I can't for love or money get my pedals to work in this sim. in DCS 2.5 the rudder shows as JOY_Z ok but that axis is also used being used for Thrust Left. Now in the control options when I move the pedals only the JOY_Z white bar moves in the T-Rudder column . and when I move the Thrust Left or Thrust right only the JOY_Z & JOY_RZ move in the Thrustmaster combined column. (see Pic)

So I think ok. Then when I get in the sim the Thrust Lever is moving the rudders and the pedals are only moving the the rear horizontal stabilizers on the up/down movement on the pedals and nothing on the left / right movement. ????

Ok So I ditch the WARTHOG HOTAS and replace with TM T-Flight Throttle & Stick and it does the same thing??? Ok So I assume I'm having a DSO Error (Dumb S Operator)

I know it's only me because no one else is having an issue LOL Please how can I get the Throttle and pedals working correctly???

41999916084_34f614a47e_z.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY

Did you try editing within the Sim? Delete and re-assign the axis that is duplicating elsewhere?

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Did you try editing within the Sim? Delete and re-assign the axis that is duplicating elsewhere?

Yep It's not that it duplicating I don't think. in the sim control section it shows only 1 duplication JOY_Z which is being used for both rudder & Left Throttle. I thought that only 1 axis like JOY_Z can be bound to 1 device movement but DCS 2.5 is assigning it to both L-Throttle and T-pedals and in the DCS control section they each seem to move independently with the correct device , then when I start to fly it goes wrong.

Are you using a TARGET Profile? Before moving to the Crosswinds I used to have the T-Rudder without issues. But I didn't use a TARGET profile nor did use the TARGET Software ever. I had separate columns for each device, Throttle, Joystick and T-Pedals.

Some of the Axis may be named the same, but as long as it's the axis under the correct device column, it should work.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Are you using a TARGET Profile? Before moving to the Crosswinds I used to have the T-Rudder without issues. But I didn't use a TARGET profile nor did use the TARGET Software ever. I had separate columns for each device, Throttle, Joystick and T-Pedals.

Some of the Axis may be named the same, but as long as it's the axis under the correct device column, it should work.

Ok I think I may need to reinstall DCS 2.5 I stopped the TARGET and cleared all the assigned axis columns and started fresh and I only assigned pitch, roll to joystick column and only assigned rudder to the rudder axis and the left and right throttle to the throttle column axis. and guess what as soon as I fly it does the same bloody thing the throttle doesn't work in swim and it's tied to the rear stabilizers (for pitch & ailerons for roll.

Okay, that's what the default issue for any input device.

before you reinstall, try this. Under T-Rudder column, select a binding and click on clear category. This will clear any assignment on the T-Rudder.

Then select axis, and manual bind your rudder and wheel brakes axis accordingly. You may need to invert the wheel brake axis (depends on the device, i had to invert on the crosswinds).

Okay, that's what the default issue for any input device.

before you reinstall, try this. Under T-Rudder column, select a binding and click on clear category. This will clear any assignment on the T-Rudder.

Then select axis, and manual bind your rudder and wheel brakes axis accordingly. You may need to invert the wheel brake axis (depends on the device, i had to invert on the crosswinds).

Ok I cleared the T-pedals column and the Thrustmaster Combined and then manually added the T-pedals to the T-pedals column which is JOY_Z then under Thrustmaster Combined I only added the Left & Right Throttle which is JOY_RZ & JOY_Z . When I move the throttle only the two under Left & Right Move the white lines and when I move the pedals only the line for the pedals move. But when I go in the the sim and start flying the Thrust levers move the Rudders and the rudder pedals do nothing but when I move forward which should be a break (but isn't even assigned it moves the rear stabilizers that control the pitch. go figure.

Okay, one last thing I'm thinking. There's a section wherein the bindings assigned are for a specific aircraft. This is set for the aircraft you intend to fly correct? F-18C Sim? or Game?

Edit: I see on the first screenshot you do have it in F-18C Sim.

Only thing I can suggest at this point is to not run any TARGET Profile so it doesn't combine the throttle and joystick. How to you assign the axis? Do you double click on the line item under the column of the controller you wish to assign, then move the designated axis? or do you select from a drop-down list?

Edited by christiankirk81

Okay, one last thing I'm thinking. There's a section wherein the bindings assigned are for a specific aircraft. This is set for the aircraft you intend to fly correct? F-18C Sim? or Game?

Yes and I only use sim never game. And like I said I have tried this by clearing out all three of my devices T-Rudder , Thrusmaster Combined. And when I don't use TARGET I have cleared all three T-rudder, THrustmaster Throttle and Thrustmaster Stick. And TARGET or no TARGET it does the same thing. So I'm kinda befuddled

I'm stumped as well. Does it only do this in the F18C? Do you have the A10C? If you do, try clearing the same and assigning in A10C, the rest of the buttons are mapped by default on the A10C with the TM Warthog (except the usual issue with all axis assign on every controller which need to be cleared out).

If it works on the A10C, then there may be an issue with the profile you have for the F18C and perhaps may need to build it from scratch? (It's painful building from scratch but hey, at least it get's you flying).

Ok So it works fine with the F-15C so if I'm clearing out the all the thrustmaster devices in the F/A-18C Sim columns and it still causes the issue then it's not really clearing right? So how then do I really clear the Thrustmaster axis's ?

So I cleared all the categories under F/A-18C Sim [Keyboard] [T-pedals] [Throttle - HOTAS Warthog] [joystick - HOTAS Warthog]

Now all the bindings even the keyboard should be cleared yes? Clicked ok.

Went to instant action / F/A-18C/ Free Flight. Guess what same exact thing so somehow, somewhere those bindings are not being cleared right? So How do I really clear them? I even followed the DCS Support instructions to clear them

"First of all you should reset input settings to the original. You should rename or delete folder with user input settings (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[OpenBeta]\Config\Input), then launch the game, open control settings, configure your input settings again and click “Ok”. After that a new user folder with current settings will be created.

and guess what nothing SAME EXACT THING thrust is controlling rudder and pedals do nothing (Left /Right) but effect pitch when I use them and in what should be the break axis (Pedals -up/down) even though nothing is bound not even keyboard.

Edited by OddBall

Perhaps setting each category to default first? Then clearing and reassigning each? I just used Wag's profile for his TM Warthog on the F-18C and just did my personal preference changes from there. He posted his Warthog files on one of the posts in Controls sub section.

Edit: Just to add, I don't think he used TARGET for these. Neither did I. and it works with no issues. I think the only things I changed is that he had the rudders and brakes mapped in the throttle. Which you can change to your preference.

Perhaps setting each category to default first? Then clearing and reassigning each? I just used Wag's profile for his TM Warthog on the F-18C and just did my personal preference changes from there. He posted his Warthog files on one of the posts in Controls sub section.

Edit: Just to add, I don't think he used TARGET for these. Neither did I. and it works with no issues. I think the only things I changed is that he had the rudders and brakes mapped in the throttle. Which you can change to your preference.

yea I'm not using target either. So I cleared all the categories and loaded the defaults then loaded Wag's two profiles and same thing. So I cleared all the categories again and reloaded wag's and still the same thing. Cleared all the Categories and tried with none loaded and the same thing. I refuse to accept that I am this obtuse and there are binding somewhere that are not being released yes?

I think it's some borked lua config files causing the issues. Specific to the F18C only apparently. Perhaps you can try clearing (rename or backup) the config files specific to the F18C in the Users\Your windows profile\Saved Games\DCSOpenBeta\Config folder? It'll load a default fresh one if it can't find it.

Just be careful with the main folder as it keeps all your options and configurations including graphics settings and keybinds for other A/C.

I guess you forum handle was ominous. This is indeed "odd" lol! Have you tried a repair of the installation? In the start menu under DCS Open Beta, there should be a Repair DCS option.

I know this isn't a lot of help, but I am using the exact same configuration right now for the F18 and it works fine. I wish there was a way we could "easily" screen share or something so I could take a look.

I'm using the warthog hotas, thrustmaster rudder, NOiD profile and F18. No issues with rudder at all, and I've never had an issue with it.

Sounds like christiankirk has done just about everything I would have had you try.

Couple of questions I thought of while brainstorming your issue.

1. Did you click "reset category to default" for both columns

2. Did you load NOiD's diff files for each category? He has 3. One for keyboard, one for buttons and one for axes.

Let us know if the repair fixes it.

Couple of questions I thought of while brainstorming your issue.

1. Did you click "reset category to default" for both columns

2. Did you load NOiD's diff files for each category? He has 3. One for keyboard, one for buttons and one for axes.

Let us know if the repair fixes it.

Yes I reset all the categories to default then I loaded NOiD's 3 diff's same thing happens.

It only does it in the F/A-18 sim I haven't tried F/A-18 game since I never use that. I have cleared out all the categories does's the same thing, Deleted the \config\input folders to let DCS rebuild andsame thing. Did the repair and nada does the same thing. I can clear every binding including the keyboard & mouse and when I go in the F/A18 sim the thrust controls the rudders, T-Pedals Left & Right do nothing, T-pedals up/down control the pitch and the pov hat works correctly nothing else. pfft :angry:

The default settings for a new aircraft tend to have mappings for all controller axes to all in game axes. In other words, the pitch axis will not only have your joystick's vertical axis mapped to it, but also axes from your other controllers. Before you map anything else therefore, you will need to clear every column, on the pitch row, other than the vertical axis on the joystick. This will go for all of the other axis mappings as well

You can then worry about adding more mappings

The default settings for a new aircraft tend to have mappings for all controller axes to all in game axes. In other words, the pitch axis will not only have your joystick's vertical axis mapped to it, but also axes from your other controllers. Before you map anything else therefore, you will need to clear every column, on the pitch row, other than the vertical axis on the joystick. This will go for all of the other axis mappings as well

You can then worry about adding more mappings

Yea see that's the thing I have cleared every single axis in and cleared every control column and yet the same thing as I posted. I have done everything everyone has suggested and all I can think of including repairing DCS but still the same issue. LOL I gotta laugh yea

Hi Oddball,

I have exact same TM hardware config ( TM warthog stick & hotas and TM rudder pedals )

and yes, you are not alone, I have thse same freaking issues.

Getting a bit discouraged here ... after all one spends a good deal of money and nope not everyone is an IT expert :p

I think it is A/C-mod related, because for all my other mods in DCS the TM hardware works fine as intended,

Gonna follow this link, because I just want to fly this plane ...

Re-edit ...

I also have the DCS mod A-10C ... and you kniow what’s funny ???

This mod has exactly the same issues as the F/A-18.

There is no segregation made between the X Y and Z axes and the various hardware = stick / hotas / rudder

I can fly now a Hornet or a Warthog by just using my rudder pedals, pitch roll you name it and when using your hotas thrust levers you manage to turn the rudders ........ somehow this is less practical to fly

:-X

No matter how many tmes you clean the config file or clear all the categories, it each times comes back as a “default” setting from somewhere ...

Funny thing ... I have tried various setups on the FlamingCliff 3 planes and they ALL behave nicely, bindings and hardware works like a charm.

And this applies for both DCS world versions 2.5. and 2.5 openbeta

Is this a version conflict of Thrustmaster hardware and DCS ???

Edited by HULKYxy3