TeamSpeak 5 Announced

I took that off my machine over a year ago. Useless software. Of the years I had it, I may have used it 2 or 3 times. No one was ever on.

That sounds more like an issue on your end rather than the fault of the software. :music_whistling:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I took that off my machine over a year ago. Useless software. Of the years I had it, I may have used it 2 or 3 times. No one was ever on.

Now since I can't even get on line in DCS any more, who really cares?

Thank's for your reply, it's really important to see an opposing view from time to time. A view, also, clearly held with such conviction must be one held by so many. Without wonderful insight such as you provide, what would the hundreds of us who regularly use TeamSpeak have done. We would have blindly continued using such a horrible piece of software. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

New UX/UI (soon)

New website

New logo

That's interesting, thanks!

But... what about TS4? Is that like Windows 9? :music_whistling: :D

Anyway, for a long time my TS refused to properly recognize buttons on the TM Warthog, and I'm on a fairly old version of TS3 that works okay-ish (has some issues, but at least it does work). Hopefully TS5 will resolve those issues on my machine. :thumbup:

TBH, Discord has replaced TS on my rigs

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

TBH, Discord has replaced TS on my rigs

Until Discord can discern "button 1" on my throttle from every other "button 1" in my pit, it's completely useless for me.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Until Discord can discern "button 1" on my throttle from every other "button 1" in my pit, it's completely useless for me.

+1 first time using disord last night, personally think it's way behind the curve. Every button 2 in my pit is a ptt. Completely craptacular experience.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Can't stand Discord, it is awful and I don't trust it!

I have my own reasons over and above below. It is so childish. Talks in silly riddles and communicates with me like a child. It's like it's grooming kids. I find the thing sinister and untrustworthy.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/FORSERVERS/discussions/0/143387886727258213/

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

It will be interesting to see what TeamSpeak can do to re-establish itself. The group I play with use Discord now but did use TeamSpeak and we'd switch back to TeamSpeak if it proves to be the better. As for the links above, I assume they are the same person as they make the same unfounded, unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo. There are many examples of successful entrepreneurs or CEO's have failed or sold businesses behind them, there is a Japanese proverb that says "fall seven times and get up eight". If there is a good reason to drop Discord then I'm all ears but comments like "sinister" and "It's like it's grooming kids" are not very helpful. We bleed information every day no mater how much you try and secure up accounts through social media like Facebook, Google, mobile phone use ,web browser, credit/debit card purchases and satellite TV viewing.

I've tried over the years :

Ventrilo (decent, but very barebones)

Mumble (giant mess of crap that barely functioned)

Discord (meh)

TeamSpeak (used by the majority of clans, at least until recent times)

SRS (interesting concept, but completely unreliable in my experience)

TeamSpeak is the only one that ever regarded as reliable and easy to use. Grumbly fellow up there, no idea what he was doing, probably joined a dead clan then seemed surprised their server was also dead @@ That's a cross-platform issue, not only TeamSpeak ;)

With minor tweaking, you can do just about anything with TeamSpeak that you can do with any other app or 3rd party. The most common reason I've seen put forward for people wanting to use something else was 'Oh, but CrapWare 2.0 is cheaper/free'. Yeah, not a very good point. Virtually every clan of substance I have ever seen or been part of used TeamSpeak. There's good reason for that.

-edit

Also... TS5???

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 9 months later...

I haven't had the pleasure of talking to anyone Live in DCS World since I haven't used MP much. Not that I won't eventually.

Over many years, I tried most of them and I found for full global groups, TeamSpeak worked far better for performance when multiple countries and continents are involved.

Discord is out for me and SRS always behaved poorly in my corner of the world.

Things may have changed over time but in lieu of VOIP, I would choose TS.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

• 6 months later...

Discord+SRS for BSD.

Discord is working pretty well and in addition to voice, we often have one or two members streaming the mission and it is also working great. Very easy to use.

SRS, very easy to use too, autoconnect feature on SRS server when jumping on a DCS server. Ciribob is doing an awesome job on maintaining it as soon as a new module comes out.

Until Discord take security a lot more seriously I won't be touching it again.

Same here. A while back, I found some really concerning entries in my firewall log about Discord attempting to connect where it shouldn't connect to so I deleted it right away (note this was on Ubuntu, so I don't even dare to try running it on Windows).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I have my own reasons over and above below. It is so childish. Talks in silly riddles and communicates with me like a child. It's like it's grooming kids. I find the thing sinister and untrustworthy.

5fb.jpg