Stuttering/too fast TDC movement on HUD using axis compared to Radar TDC

I've set a curve to make it possible to use the axis TDC for the AA radar. The TDC movement speed on the radar display is fine (not too fast) using this curve. But if I try to designate using the HUD (TDC on HUD when in AUTO A/G release mode), the TDC moves wayyyyy too fast and in a stuttering way. It makes target designation using TDC on HUD almost impossible using an axis.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Assign axis to TDC (not mouse axis)

2. Set curve that works well for radar designation (on the ATTACK RADAR page of the DDIs)

3. Now use said curve but with AUTO HUD designation, i.e. designate approximate position using the velocity vector (and pressing TDC Depress) and try to move the TDC to a more precise position.

The TDC will just start flying off way too fast in the direction of the axis.

TDC designator moves too fast/jumps on HUD

This bug is described in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212633

Basically, the TDC when assigned to the HUD jumps around instead of moving slowly. That, and it moves way faster than when the TDC is assigned to the radar.

This happens with the TDC bound to an axis. I don't know if it happens when bound to keys.

• 2 months later...

I just came across this same behavior today, as I started practicing A/G.

When using the Warthog throttle's mini stick button to designate the target on the HUD, the axis are so sensitive that it's almost impossible to designate anything; as soon as you depress, the designation point moves around incontrollably.

I tried fine tunning my curves/dead-zones, but I just couln't find the sweet spot; I went up to a dead zone of 40 with a pretty steep curve, and it was almost usable like that; but I just decided to use a different button on my HOTAS to designate.

Don't know if the developers are reading this, but wouln't it be reasonable to just ignore any TDC axis input while the depress button is being held? That would solve the issue without any side effects wouln't it? And it would also solve this same issue with the TDC axis for the radar,

which is easier to manage via curves/dead-zone but it's also there.

Just my two cents.