[REPORTED][MERGED] Catapult Failed Launches

Arbil

Mission File w/ Loadout Info,

There is a Weight Limit for Cat Launches too.

I'm also running through some scenarios looking for a pattern.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'll work on getting the miz file. We all changed our loads after we spawned though (needed more fuel).

Spawn on Cat or Spawn on Ramp?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

To add - when you look at Reaper21-Raptor - sidenumber 321 - in the trk-file: he said, he did rearm BEFORE attaching to the cat, but still got shot into the water.

If it was only the cat-attached guys who run into problems the "feature, not a bug" would make a lot of sense and indeed it seems to be the main issue.

But still - Raptors launch-fail is very suspicious.

Tacview file (broken from some later point, but the cat-shot-fails are in):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhBj_n1DxBsaiS6wACnkPuDRJuDK

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SO far I havent been able to re-produce, I went from empty w/ 20% fuel to fully loaded attaching to catapult and still left the deck at 150 knots.

We had another flight yesterday.

We just can't figure out what the "into-water-cat-shots" causing.

Flight of 6 acft. yesterday, more or less same setup (spawn cold and light weight, rearm refuel, thereafter attached to the cat) - 3 splashed into the water due to extreme low endspeed of the ship, 3 launched fine with something like +50 kts compared to the others.

We tried to cross-check if the splahed guys did something different than the others - but it seems like not. It seems the into-water-shots are kind of random but of course more obvious when your acft. is heavy.

What could cause a too low endspeed?

We kind of stuck in trying to find a 100% reliable way to reproduce it.

But still it is annoying when you plan a mission and half of your squad ends up in the water after the launch :D

Edit:

video of the water splash shot here:

Edited by -Painter-

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do I takeoff in Caucasus map?

I have now tryed to take off from the carrier in Caucasus but the plane not respond to the stick. In sim or game mode is the same. It works fine in other maps in sim mode...at least yeasterday. And Yes, I have checked that game mode is not checked in the missioneditor. Also tryed to restart the game. Sometimes work, sometimes not. Very irritating when the loadingtime is very long only for drop down in the sea.

Please fix this bug?

• ED Team

works fine for me, do most of my testing in Caucasus with the hornet

as mentioned attach the shortest track possible showing your issues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

works fine for me, do most of my testing in Caucasus with the hornet

as mentioned attach the shortest track possible showing your issues

thanks

With "track" you mean recording a track or a track from within the game somewhere?

I now tryed it in Persian map and there it works almost great. Almost because the afterburner not work or showing but can at least take off from the deck. (it worked fine before the last update).

I'm using hot start from the carrier. It is like the game confusing game mode together with sim mode sometimes. And I know in game mode not much works with the plane yet.

Check Special Tab inside DCS main screen for the Hornet.

Untick the option for non AB detent.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

the ingame recording function, click "save track" after a mission

also read patchnotes

Added option and input command to enable/disable afterburner detent, default fingerlift key is for both. For normal operation, you must re-save the options before the first use.

With "track" you mean recording a track or a track from within the game somewhere?

I now tryed it in Persian map and there it works almost great. Almost because the afterburner not work or showing but can at least take off from the deck. (it worked fine before the last update).

I'm using hot start from the carrier. It is like the game confusing game mode together with sim mode sometimes. And I know in game mode not much works with the plane yet.

The game isn't confusing game and sim mode. The way the AB works was changed in the last patch. You can use the old style with clicken a button to get into Ab with full throttle or you go to the FA-18C special options tab and uncheck the box - every time you put your throttle to max forward you get into AB -also on the carrier without pressing anything else.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Catapults launch at different speeds depending on wind.

Here's the setup: F/A-18C on CAT 1 with takeoff weight at 50,000 lbs.

If the carrier is moving at 22 knots with 5 knots headwind you will leave the deck at circa 130 knots and inevitably crash into the water.

If the carrier is still moving at 22 knots but with no wind you will leave the deck at about 200 knots and takeoff with no issues.

This can't be right, can it?

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Ok, I think I cracked the code. I think it's the sliding on the deck fix that ED implemented. If you look carefully when you press 'U' to connect to the shuttle, your aircraft slowly slides into position, then it stops and a second or two pass, then the aircraft snaps into place. I suspect that the snapping into place is some sort of script to keep the aircraft from sliding across the deck when standing still. Because if you smash your throttles into full afterburner the second you press 'U' your aircraft will launch before the sliding script starts and take off at 200 knots. If you press 'U' and wait for the script initiate before taking off, the aircraft will be slowed down by the script and take off at sub-130 knots. If you're taking off at a light weight it doesn't matter. If you're heavy, you better launch before the anti-sliding script goes online, or you're in for a dip.

EDIT: After further testing I can confirm that, beyond a reasonable doubt, this is definitely the issue.

Edited by WHOGX5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I am starting to see other threads pop up with people having the same issue I am having.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212913

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212931

Something is definitely up. While I certainly appreciate all the replies, it is not something simple with setting up the aircraft for launch, like the launch bar, or trim, or anything like that. The one post about the wind piqued my interest. The colder weather causing a problem maybe? IDK

something is faulty with your file, cant even edit to start directly from catapult. drove the bird to catapult, launched in to water, rebuild your mission in mission editor, was able to start bird directly from catapult and went airborne just fine.

Here is the rebuild template.

CaucCarrierMission.miz

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

something is faulty with your file, cant even edit to start directly from catapult. drove the bird to catapult, launched in to water, rebuild your mission in mission editor, was able to start bird directly from catapult and went airborne just fine.

Here is the rebuild template.

Your temperature is at 20 degrees.

There is definitely something wrong with cold weather. Below 7 degrees C the carrier doesn't launch with enough force. I don't know if this is intended by ED to simulate a cold cat. I've attached track files. Cold launch is at 6 degrees, warm launch is at 7 degrees. All other parameters are the same.

cold launch.trk

warm launch.trk

Ah i See. Thats the difference.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C