Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Some issues

Tonight I did a cold start on land with this profile and ran into some issues and I am not sure if it is me or the profile that has problems.

3. I noticed that from time to time the lower portion of the profile would flash green.

Other than the foregoing, all seems to be working.

This is from the lights and such spilling over from the main screen to the Helios screen. I tried many things to stop it, nothing helps.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you can post your 2_monitors-FA18C.lua file? I have a setup close to yours and I can't get anything working.

My setup is a 2560x1080 main screen with at 1920x1080 touch centered under it, and I am getting none of the pop outs.

me too, and the profile doesn't work to me...

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

I have 2 1920x1080 screens so if you do some math on the first screen, the coordinates on the second screen should work. I found that it worked best and easiest if I treated the monitors as side by side for windows purposes even though I had them physically set up one on top of the other.

2_monitors-FA18C K2.lua

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

The AMPCD and the two DDI viewports in your profile are no where near the quality and readability of that found in the A10-c. I am hoping that this is just a beta issue of the game and will be resolved to the better when DCS does a proper export of the viewports. I have had to put the HSI on the left DDI to attempt to read it better.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thank you very much for this! Finally, I can use my second monitor again!

Also thanks for the tip

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

to

shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

much better legibility! :thumbup:

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

The AMPCD and the two DDI viewports in your profile are no where near the quality and readability of that found in the A10-c. I am hoping that this is just a beta issue of the game and will be resolved to the better when DCS does a proper export of the viewports. I have had to put the HSI on the left DDI to attempt to read it better.

The exported viewport dont have nothing to do with the helios profile. Thats something that DCS do.

The quality of those are only a DCS issue.

Anyway, you changed the line to improve the quality of the exported viewports? Check the instructions

Edited by Capt Zeen

Hi great profile thanks for all the hard work I am amazed at how you have used the A10 to do this it had me confused for a while til I understood what you have done.

Can somebody try the viewports with hud only view as mine go very blurry if I go back into cockpit they are fine although a bit on the thin side they are clear and readable.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Can somebody try the viewports with hud only view as mine go very blurry if I go back into cockpit they are fine although a bit on the thin side they are clear and readable.

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem. However ED have stated that export is not currently implemented/supported for the Hornet so I expect this to be fixed in future builds. I am impressed with what has been achieved right now considering it isn't supposed to work at all!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Since I get quite a bit of FPS loss with the default CaptZeen Export.lua with all the bells and whistles, I created and tested a stripped down version that just supports the F18C and the A10C. Performance is significantly improved in my tests (slightly more FPS but a BIG reduction in frametime fluctuations).

Next step will be splitting apart the whole script into separate files to make sure only what you actually need does even get parsed by the engine.

See attached file and make sure you uncomment the lines in the end for SRS, TacView, Ikarus etc in case you are running these tools.

I'll post results as I am making progress. Please let me know if this increases performance for you guys.

Export.lua

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Since I get quite a bit of FPS loss with the default CaptZeen Export.lua with all the bells and whistles, I created and tested a stripped down version that just supports the F18C and the A10C. Performance is significantly improved in my tests (slightly more FPS but a BIG reduction in frametime fluctuations).

Good catch!

Because of the the follwing idea comes into my mind:

What about haveing a „Master“ export.lua in which we can include only the modules that are personally needed by including them from external files?

That way the export.lua will be slim and clean.

Good catch!

Because of the the follwing idea comes into my mind:

What about haveing a „Master“ export.lua in which we can include only the modules that are personally needed by including them from external files?

That way the export.lua will be slim and clean.

That is my plan. Make a default export Lua that only queries the used aircraft and probably the map and trigger only what is needed and pass these parameters as arguments to the called scripts so they don't have to query that separately.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

mhe and Cpt Z

mhe: Thanks for the revised export. You picked the only 2 planes that I intend to fly until the f14 comes out. I will test it the next time I fly.

Cpt Z

I realize that Helios has nothing to do with the poor quality of the DDIs and MFD and I was just commenting on the hope that it will get better when DCS allows exporting of viewports. I did the mod as explained above.

As an aside, do you think the DDIs and MFD readability would get better if in the options screen of the game, I forced them to be the highest resolution for every frame?

Anyone else getting a damaged file upon download? WinRar will not open up the download due to damaged file.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

airdog

I had the same problem and could download without errors using only the evaluation copy of Winzip.

Anyone else getting a damaged file upon download? WinRar will not open up the download due to damaged file.

Had the same problem:

7zip threw an error...

Then I tried FreeCommander and was astonished that it was able to extract the archive with its internal zipper.

Hi,

I need some help : I have a 3440*1440 screen in main, and a 1920*1080 touchscreen on right on it.

When I use monitor.lua given in this thread, I achieve to view my DDI and others exported in main view but impossible to translate them on the right.

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 3440;
         height = 1440;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 2.39;
    }
}

--LEFT
F18_LEFT =
{
    x = 3598;
    y = 165;
    width = 330;
    height = 311;
}

thanks for your help

Awesome job ... really

I could use some help as well...

I've followed the installation instructions but the Helios panels will not show on my 2nd monitor which is a touchscreen. When I plug in a standard monitor as a substitute, the panels display in the 2nd monitor as desired (even though the DDIs and other data exports still show in other parts of the screen, I'm assuming this is a positioning issue) so I can figure out why the panels would show on my standard 4k second monitor and not my touchscreen second monitor.

Would appreciate any help...Thanks in advance.

Derek

Next step will be splitting apart the whole script into separate files to make sure only what you actually need does even get parsed by the engine.

See attached file and make sure you uncomment the lines in the end for SRS, TacView, Ikarus etc in case you are running these tools.

I'll post results as I am making progress. Please let me know if this increases performance for you guys.

Fantastic! Ill give this a try tomorrow for the Hornet! Would be awesome if you broke these all down for the individual modules. Ill graciously await your 27/33 export, but I guess the 18 will suffice for now.

Thank you again!

Hi,

I need some help : I have a 3440*1440 screen in main, and a 1920*1080 touchscreen on right on it.

When I use monitor.lua given in this thread, I achieve to view my DDI and others exported in main view but impossible to translate them on the right.

Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 3440;
         height = 1440;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 2.39;
    }
}

--LEFT
F18_LEFT =
{
    x = 3598;
    y = 165;
    width = 330;
    height = 311;
}

thanks for your help

Awesome job ... really

the problem was I checked "Full screen" in setup :) works like a charm

Fantastic! Ill give this a try tomorrow for the Hornet! Would be awesome if you broke these all down for the individual modules. Ill graciously await your 27/33 export, but I guess the 18 will suffice for now.

Thank you again!

Thanks for the work but doesnt work for me. The one given by captZeen yes.

Could I launch a "debug" tool to help us solving that ?

thanks

Thank you again!

Well basic stuff almost works already but since I don't do FC3 please don't get your hope up for the planes you want.

However it should be easy enough to extend my version since it is mainly a slightly modularized version of Zeen's code.

I could use some help as well...

I've followed the installation instructions but the Helios panels will not show on my 2nd monitor which is a touchscreen. When I plug in a standard monitor as a substitute, the panels display in the 2nd monitor as desired (even though the DDIs and other data exports still show in other parts of the screen, I'm assuming this is a positioning issue) so I can figure out why the panels would show on my standard 4k second monitor and not my touchscreen second monitor.

Would appreciate any help...Thanks in advance.

Derek

Did you set your resolution to reflect your total display area? For instance my 2nd monitor is set below my main monitor in the Windows Screen Resolution window. So my total monitor in DCS is 1920x2160. You have to also set this in the options menu of DCS.

You then have to go into the Monitor config file provided and set the x and y in there so it shows up in the right position of your second screen. His pre-loaded positions are set for his monitor.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada